[Suggestion] Member ratings

Jonny Axehandle 09-09-2006 07:19 PM
Would it be possible to modify the ratings feature so one can change their mind about how they rated someone? (or is the database strucured in a way that would prevent that?)
Travis Bickle 09-09-2006 07:28 PM
It's really not that big of a deal. It's just for show. I mean, Avenir IMed me once telling me that he rated me a 10, and we have a mutual hatred for each other.

But it balances out in the longrun.
X Prime 09-09-2006 07:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
Would it be possible to modify the ratings feature so one can change their mind about how they rated someone? (or is the database strucured in a way that would prevent that?)

No, it can be done. The board stores how many votes were made and your total number of points. The problem is that it can't be retroactive, since we have no way of knowing what the original rating that was given was.

Thus, weirdness would ensue unless we wiped the original ratings.
Jonny Axehandle 09-09-2006 08:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
The problem is that it can't be retroactive, since we have no way of knowing what the original rating that was given was.

Thus, weirdness would ensue unless we wiped the original ratings.

That's actually what I meant. Oh well, I doubt people would want the originals wiped. Frown
Krang 09-10-2006 01:03 AM
Sorry, but in addition to wiping out all the ratings, this feature would also require some recoding of the scripts and some database redesign. I could do that, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble for a small feature that's just meant for fun. Good idea, though, and maybe we'll see something like that when WBB3 is released.