IRC chat

paul1290 09-08-2006 07:40 PM
I decided to post this for all the new members.

We have IRC chats every tuesday and friday at 7:00pm. The chat room can be accessed from www.dal.net using the "chat now" feature. After typing in your nickname and letting the chat window pop up, type the following command in the chat window:
/join #ParadigmCityChat

If you prefer to use your own IRC client then here's the server and room information:
Server: DALnet [hotspeed.sg.as.dal.net]
Room: #ParadigmCityChat

Remember, this forum is not a chat room. If you feel the need to chat, now you know where to do so.
Krang 09-08-2006 10:31 PM
Just a reminder that the IRC chats are completely unofficial, so please don't drag any arguments from there onto the forums, and please don't complain to the forum staff about any problems that happen there. See Rule #12 for more information.
Travis Bickle 09-09-2006 10:39 AM
We have/had another thread on it. Whoops?
Generalissimo D 09-09-2006 04:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle

And you trolled it and got it locked.

Congrats on that, now don't repeat it here.
Jonny Axehandle 09-09-2006 06:56 PM
Solution: Pin + Lock Tongue
Travis Bickle 09-09-2006 07:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
quote:

So the fact that we've come to the mutual decision (albeight somewhat forced) that we only need one thread doesn't pertain to this. I don't really care, since anyone can make a thread about anything and get away with it.
paul1290 09-15-2006 07:25 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

So the fact that we've come to the mutual decision (albeight somewhat forced) that we only need one thread doesn't pertain to this. I don't really care, since anyone can make a thread about anything and get away with it.

The original was locked so it can't be updated. This is just for the newer members who don't know about the IRC chat.
BigPrime 09-25-2006 02:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
quote:
quote:
quote:

The original was locked so it can't be updated. This is just for the newer members who don't know about the IRC chat.

It's especially necessary for us to have a new thread around now. The chat, frankly, is dying. Many older chat regulars have drifted on to other things and conversation has dried up a lot in recent months and there have been few to no new members showing up. I can say this with all honesty because I've been there since the start, the PCF Chatroom is a shadow of its former self. So, anyone who's interested, feel free to stop by #ParadigmCityChat on Tuesdays & Fridays (I'm usually there between 7 and 8:30, I'd love to be there longer but I work overnights now and need to sleep early, once upon a time I was there tlll 12:30 with ease, those were the days).
paul1290 10-13-2006 06:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BigPrime
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's especially necessary for us to have a new thread around now. The chat, frankly, is dying. Many older chat regulars have drifted on to other things and conversation has dried up a lot in recent months and there have been few to no new members showing up. I can say this with all honesty because I've been there since the start, the PCF Chatroom is a shadow of its former self. So, anyone who's interested, feel free to stop by #ParadigmCityChat on Tuesdays & Fridays (I'm usually there between 7 and 8:30, I'd love to be there longer but I work overnights now and need to sleep early, once upon a time I was there tlll 12:30 with ease, those were the days).

Indeed, hopefully this might get more members interested.