Let's Talk DS Games

Shredder 09-05-2006 10:18 PM
Since I really love the DS (it's the system I play most by far), and since things are pretty quiet today in the video game section, how about this:

Last DS Game I Played: Sonic Rush (well, played up to the final boss, and will come back later for that...)

DS Game I'm Currently Playing: New Super Mario Bros. (extremely addictive)

DS Games I Want to Get/Play:
-Yoshi's Island 2!! - already pre-ordered, the wait finally ends in November
-Hotel Dusk (Room 215)- this is a new graphic adventure-style puzzle game coming out in December, looks incredible
-Tony Hawk Downhill Jam- loved the American Sk8land on DS
-Sims 2 Pets- I like both the Sims and pet-themed games, so why not?
-Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2- Yes, I was one of the four that played the first one
-Mario Hoops 3-on-3- It's multiplayer, basketball, and Mario. Works for me.

Anyone else? Happy
Big Money 09-05-2006 10:29 PM
When I was at Dragon Con, I spent a few hours a day playing wi-fi Mario Kart, which is amazingly fun. I'm also a big fan of Hunters, but the control scheme can be a little difficult to master.

Its definately an astounding system, though, and I can't wait for Yoshi's Island II either.

Right now, though, the game I play most on it is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, which is extremely addictive. I need to get some more DS games >.>...
Generalissimo D 09-05-2006 10:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder
DS Game I'm Currently Playing: New Super Mario Bros. (extremely addictive)

Like CRACK.

and Wi-fi Mario Cart at the end of the day was the best thing about the end of my sophomore year.
Jonny Axehandle 09-05-2006 10:37 PM
Last DS Game I Played: Sonic Rush (Head's up Shredder, the final boss is YET ANOTHER poorly done Doomsday Zone remake)

DS Game I'm Currently Playing: Lost Magic (EXTREMELY hard, yet something keeps pulling me back)

DS Games I Want to Get/Play:
-Lost in Blue
-New Super Mario Bros.
-Metroid Prime Hunters
-Code Lyoko when it comes out (as long as it is more than just scraping the barrel with the characters/story)
Travis Bickle 09-05-2006 10:57 PM

My DS has been sitting there like that for about a month and a half. My Animal Crossing town has more than likely gone to sh**, I lost interest in Metroid Prime: Hunters, I beat everything in Tony Hawk, my Dad bought Madden for a business trip (he was going to borrow the DS and play it on the plane and such but never played it once), and after beating the 50cc part of the Grand Prix mode in Mario, everything just gets repetative.

The only thing that interests me somewhat is the FF III remake, and I don't think I can even bring myself to buying that for $35-40 when I'm not entirely interested in it.
Mugiwara Luffy 09-05-2006 11:23 PM
Yeah, I haven't played my Animal Crossing in a while either. I recently got New Super Mario Bros, so I've been playing that. I really don't have a lot of free time for DSing these days. However, my campus has Wi-fi practically everywhere, so I really should be playing constantly.
Shredder 09-05-2006 11:27 PM
Travis: Sorry to hear that you don't seem as interested in the DS anymore. At least DS games do pretty well on E-Bay. I still think there's something on this system for everyone, so I'd suggest waiting and seeing what's coming up before completely losing interest or selling the system.

Luffy: That's one thing I love about the DS, though. It's the kind of system you can just pick up and play, even if you only have a few extra minutes. The Wi-Fi thing is cool, too. Smile
Travis Bickle 09-05-2006 11:31 PM
I'm not going to sell it. There's probably going to be a good game somewhere coming out soon. I'm also kind of pissed that I lost my copy of Jump Superstars, but meh.
David Ryder 09-06-2006 01:19 AM
I was playing the new Super Mario DS for a few days but after beating it like 6 times, I gave my DS a rest.
SEELE 08 09-06-2006 07:09 AM
Can anyone reccomand anything for DS? Every DS game I've bought I don't play much other than one racing game I bought...I usually just wind up playing GBA games on it...
Revan 09-06-2006 11:46 AM
My modest collection of games:
-Wario Ware Touched (Crazy fun)
-Mario Kart DS (Good but I've kinda finished it all)
-Metroid Prime Hunters (Great looking but painful to play. I suck on multiplayer...)

Games I want to get:
-Animal Crossing: Wild World
-Starfox DS or whatever it's called
-Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass

The DS is fun but I always end up buying games for my PC instead...
Pie_Junkie 09-06-2006 04:35 PM
Sadly I have only 3 games for my DS. Animal Crossing, Resident Evil, and Pirates of the Carrabien. I'm gonna get some more when I get some money. (I need a job)
The Baker St. Irregular 09-08-2006 03:35 PM
I have a silver DS with Sonic Rush Graffix stickers attached to it. Why? Because it was the cheapest used DS at Game Crazy. I got with it Animal Crossing, which my sister and I share, although she's definitely the better townsperson than I. Later, I picked up Sonic Rush. And recently, I somehow happened upon a copy of Phoenix Wright that slipped through the cracks and into my life. Anime Smile I've been playing it on the L as I commute to and from downtown Chicago for college. It's a must-play game!

I'm greatly looking forward to The Phantom Hourglass and how it will utilize the DS' DS-ness.
Generalissimo D 09-08-2006 04:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
I have a silver DS with Sonic Rush Graffix stickers attached to it. Why? Because it was the cheapest used DS at Game Crazy. I got with it Animal Crossing, which my sister and I share, although she's definitely the better townsperson than I. Later, I picked up Sonic Rush. And recently, I somehow happened upon a copy of Phoenix Wright that slipped through the cracks and into my life. Anime Smile I've been playing it on the L as I commute to and from downtown Chicago for college. It's a must-play game!

I'm greatly looking forward to The Phantom Hourglass and how it will utilize the DS' DS-ness.

How in god's name did you get a copy of Phoenix Wright?
David Ryder 09-08-2006 05:36 PM
It's funny I can still find plenty of copies of Phoenix Wright, although I really have no desire to play it, I might buy it, sell it on E-bay, and jack the price up $30-40 the normal price.
Pie_Junkie 09-08-2006 05:59 PM
You can get Phoenix Wright at Blockbuster, Wal*mart, and if ya lucky the pawn shop.
The Baker St. Irregular 09-08-2006 06:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise

How in god's name did you get a copy of Phoenix Wright?

My sister had visited the Game Crazy with her boyfriend and came back to tell me they had a copy of it. I couldn't believe this, especially since she told me that it was new and right up there with the other new DS games. Apparently, her boyfriend had found it behind another game's case, but if it had really been there ever since it first came in so long ago, I don't know.

Anyway, I promptly went to the store two days later to inquire about it. I asked the lad at the register about it, saying that my sister had found a new copy of it there, and while he seemed confused by that statement, I found it on the shelf and brought it over to the register. Needless to say, he was astounded. He looked in the drawer where they keep the DS cards (or whatever you call them, because they're not really cartridges, right?), and he couldn't find the one for Phoenix Wright.

I instantly felt discouraged. Had my extraordinary luck just run out? He called up his manager to ask about where the game was, and even the manager didn't know they had it stock. The manager was to come around later in the day to help look for it. I thanked the cashier for his efforts, but before I left, he ventured to look in the game case. And there it was, albeit in a less than safe place. I was very glad that I had gotten to it before some shoplifter could!

So while he was ringing up the game, the cashier told me of how, for the longest time, customers were asking for this game, but it was never in stock, and it couldn't even be transfered in from other Game Crazy stores; they didn't have it, either. But somehow, one managed to hide itself for all this time, and I captured it!

It's a really great game, and I've never played anything like it before You just have to see it for yourself. It's going to be re-released in February, so if you can't get a copy of it now, definitely do so later!
Hollow XXVI 09-11-2006 03:21 AM
Capcom has actually made 5 different copies of Ace Attorney, as in 5 different productions of it...that's how crazy it sells.

I do have a copy of it but haven't played it yet, no time. And well, I liked the minigames on New Super Mario but I haven't played the game itself yet.
Patsai 09-17-2006 12:01 PM
During my graduation weekend of BMT, I had $1,500 in my account for being in Basic (six weeks ago I only had $5 in there Tongue ), so just like every other Airman who wanted to waste $500 to celebrate I bought a DS Lite with three games, Trace Memory, Metroid Prime Pinball, and Advance Wars: Dual Strike. Their selection at the Base Exchange stinks, BTW, and I can't leave base for another two weeks.
Shredder 09-18-2006 12:35 AM
Trace Memory is a good one, despite being a little short. It makes great use of the DS's unique features in solving some of the puzzles. Adventure/puzzle games are one of my favorite game genres and I'd love to see more made for the DS. If you like this one, you may want to check out Hotel Dusk later this year, which is made by the same company.
http://ds.ign.com/objects/827/827002.html