Croc Hunter Dead

Jim Starluck 09-03-2006 11:57 PM
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/sto...891-601,00.html

Frown

I can't say I was a fan of his (heck, my brother and I would occasionally speculate as to what creature would eventually be his demise) but I'm still going to pay my respects.

Edit: Nevermind.
Mugiwara Luffy 09-04-2006 12:02 AM
This is unbelievable. I don't feel sad, per se, since he did have a dangerous profession and died doing what he loved, but it's going to be weird living in a world where Steve Irwin is no longer living.
088nd 09-04-2006 12:03 AM
I know it's sad, but it's terribly hard to actually care about. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to demean human life, but this guy made his living on putting himself in situations where normal people would die. I guess he finally lost the magic touch he had.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin.

CRIKEY!
Dude Love 09-04-2006 12:08 AM
Crikey, just Crikey.
Zopwx2 09-04-2006 12:11 AM
quote:
Croc Hunter Dead

I KNOW

Man this sucks.
NVWC2006 09-04-2006 12:14 AM
wow

he's someone that's been a constant in my life... his first broadcast in '92, i would have been 5 then. i basically cannot remember NOT knowing of the Crocodile Hunter, i knew of him BEFORE i heard about Crocodile Dundee.

it's just odd... a reality check, really. that things consistant in our lives that we take for granted aren't so solid.

he had a dangerous line of work though, and knew the dangers. at least he died doing what he seemed to enjoy most.
Pie_Junkie 09-04-2006 12:22 AM
....wow. Who are we to poke fun at when there's nothing on tv? My step-dad shall be heart broke.
Travis Bickle 09-04-2006 12:30 AM
Finally. Now we just need to kill off that Simon dude from American Idol, Dog the Bounty Hunter, anyone who hosts anything on VH1, Seth Green, and Paris Hilton. Then we'd be living in my ideal society with ideal tv.
Pie_Junkie 09-04-2006 12:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
Finally. Now we just need to kill off that Simon dude from American Idol, Dog the Bounty Hunter, anyone who hosts anything on VH1, Seth Green, and Paris Hilton. Then we'd be living in my ideal society with ideal tv.

I got connections to help out with that.
Sharpshooter005 09-04-2006 12:47 AM
As long as you're out could you handle that seth macfarlene problem for me?

Oh also I think I'm out of bread, so I mean if theres a 7-11 nearby when the hit goes down.
Hobodoken 09-04-2006 12:49 AM
I heard.

My roommates and some other people thought it odd, but they're not too upset.

I'm kinda sad. =\
Pie_Junkie 09-04-2006 12:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
As long as you're out could you handle that seth macfarlene problem for me?

Sure, just not Todd McFarlane. He has earned life with the creation of Spawn....oh, I went off topic with this. Uh yeah, the Croc dork shall be missed.
David Ryder 09-04-2006 04:15 AM
At first I was kinda shocked when I read the subject title, but then I found out he got dropped by a Stingray, and couldn't help but chuckle. Either way, it's sorta sad I guess.
Chitter-Box-Kat 09-04-2006 10:55 AM
WOW. Shocked This is...weird...shocking...WTH? Ncked in the heart by a stingray... Okay, I give him props for doing what he does best before fate decided to be a b*tch like she loves ot do. I'm just suprised it was a stingray. You'd think with all the crocs, cobras, vipers, constrictors, and other dangerous creatures he has come into contact with; he would have been done in by somethng you'd expect to kill a person.

I can't help but chuckle a bit. My bro either.
Mr. Peabody 09-04-2006 12:26 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about Steve Irwin's death. Although he was an animal expert and a natural showman, I think the success of his show and the public's expectations forced him to interact with animals and in environments he knew little about.
Hienrich Ele 09-04-2006 12:40 PM
A freakin' stingray. A stingray. Notice how it is not a crocodile.

That should have been his downfall. And epic duel between Irwin and a Croc, with no weapons. Just hand to hand mayhem.

I mean, afterall, he is the Crocodile Hunter, not the Stingray Hunter.
angelcakes 09-04-2006 01:06 PM
Woah. Never expected to wake up and hear this. I myself always thought he'd be done in by one of his crocodiles.

None the less, this saddens me. I grew up watching Steve Irwin. I used to be a religious viewer of his.

Rest in peace crocodile hunter. Frown
Schwarzwald_X 09-04-2006 01:38 PM
I heard about this earlier in the morning. It's a horrible way to go, no? While I didn't care for his show in the least, I find it really sad that he died in such a manner. Truly, a great loss. Frown
Nazrael 09-04-2006 01:42 PM
I just hope the family makes it out ok.
Mike 09-04-2006 02:19 PM
Dude how do you get a stingray stinger through the heart?

At least he went out doing what he loved. I just expected him to be torn to shreds by a pack of dingos, the way that bear guy was killed. Or maybe swarmed by a school of those little finger size jellyfish that can kill a horse.