New [AS] joke on Season 3?

Paradigm Dog 09-03-2006 02:02 AM
According to this, on September 4th (Monday), Adult Swim's website is going to have a taunting joke about Big-O season 3. I don't know why [AS] is rubbing it in, and it's kind of weird, but it's good to get some attention and reaction, regardless. As the old saying goes, "any publicity is good publicity." If they do do this, maybe us fans could give them a return reaction.

http://www.adultswim.com/williams/news/082106/index.html

[the picture links are only at the site]
AS.com Hacked by our grandmothers!

Chris: What about the Big O thing?
Kurt: We'll save the Big O feature for Monday September 4th.
Chris: No, I mean they looked at the code and found that Big O season 3 thing we canned at the last minute last week.
Kurt: Well who's "they"
Chris: Board folk. Click the link down at the bottom of this email.
Kurt: Oh. Well... NEWS ALERT! Message Board members steal valuable Big O flame. Blah blah blah... finagle it...
Chris: Are you kidding around, or do you think that should be a news story? Email sucks for sarcasm.
Kurt: It really just depends on what the kids are saying. I didn't take the time to try to find the posts in the thread. Who is saying what about it?
Chris: The post that found it:

"Taking a gander at the home page's source turns up one of it's undoubtably insurmountable number of secrets. I don't believe anyone has mentioned this yet. Commented out is a table element, between the Shin-Chan and Robot Chicken bits under the "Video" column. It's picture is this. The accompanying text is: "Exciting Big O news! Will we finally see season 3?" And the page it links to provides the answer."

Follow-up comments:
I believe the wtf factor of that is nothing compared to the hilarity of the answer.
I can't wait until it shows up on the homepage; that should be a lot of fun.
David Ryder 09-03-2006 02:58 AM
AS is just doing it to make fun of Hardcore Big O fans, that don't realize that Big O is (sadly) done. Oh well.
Zopwx2 09-03-2006 03:15 AM
I haven't been there for a loooooooooong time, is s3 still a well known gag, or is it an inside thing about the Wstreet people just for fun.

btw, their answer:

cap1200am 09-03-2006 11:00 AM
At least they haven't forgot about it. If it stays on their radar, maybe one day....
Shadow dorothy 09-03-2006 12:07 PM
I say screw AS and get a real anime company to make the 3rd season. Cartoon network is willing I hear to make it at a teens to adult level but AS won't let them.
Seihou 09-03-2006 01:35 PM
Amen.
Xel 09-03-2006 01:46 PM
Roll Eyes It's kind of juvenile of them to keep rubbing it in, especially when their final answer is no. Things like this only fuel the really hardcore s3 pushers more-- and conversely, it's the s3 pushers who cause AS to make more fun. It's a vicious cycle.

Of course, it is AS, and AS does love its vicious cycles (Inuyasha, anyone?).
minespatch 09-03-2006 03:29 PM
i read that last month... uh, i hate them for it, but maybe it will give people who haven't heard of the series to watch it.
The Big Finale 09-03-2006 03:32 PM
New? I'd say it's the same old joke.
David Ryder 09-04-2006 04:10 AM
quote:
AS won't let them.

Huh? Why would Cartoon Network take orders from AS? Is AS really as Influential as may Big O fans think? I'm curious.
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-04-2006 08:40 AM
Saying there's no hope is boring. Doing something is more fun.
Tsukaggin 09-04-2006 02:20 PM
AS has no control in reality. Cartoon Network grants them semi-autonomy, but in reality, if Cartoon Network WANTED AS to show a third season, AS would show a third season. They are a subdivision, nothing more. AS really has no power in the matter. It's all cartoon Network CEOs who make the final say in stuff like funding a show.
Shadow dorothy 09-04-2006 02:55 PM
I saw the most disgusting thing on AS last night. And you know what that made me think As funded this instead of Big O. I am going to boycott AS till they put Big O 3rd season on.
Tsukaggin 09-04-2006 03:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy
I saw the most disgusting thing on AS last night. And you know what that made me think As funded this instead of Big O. I am going to boycott AS till they put Big O 3rd season on.

. . . Yeah, you have fun with that. I'll be sure to call you when hell freezes over.
Big Money 09-04-2006 03:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01

Quoted for truth, folks.
Jonny Axehandle 09-04-2006 03:38 PM
THERE IS BUT ON TRUTH. IF YOU AVERT YOUR EYES FROM IT, YOU WILL ALWAYS REMAIN WITHOUT A BIG-O SEASON 3.
David Ryder 09-04-2006 03:59 PM
quote:
And you know what that made me think As funded this instead of Big O.

Which was?

I will agree, that Cartoon Network loves to BS us about not having the money, I mean come one ANOTHER season of Tom Goes to Mayor?

quote:

4 years and counting. Victory for Big O fans!
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-04-2006 04:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes

4 years and counting. Victory for Big O fans!

Pff, you think that matters? Plus what, you think it wastes our lives away or something? If anybody's doing that then it's you just sittin' here with your ol' Escaflowne pic... (phenomenal animé btw... and hilariously bad movie!)

Sides, there's no point in being an active fan of a franchise if that franchise is completely dead. If Konaka said he didn't want to make a 3rd season then you'd never see me here again.

Haha, maybe that's something you'd like to happen. <---gonna get another "Quoted For Truth" I'm sure.
Shadow dorothy 09-04-2006 05:29 PM
Damn it want I meant was a friend of mine has seen pics of season 3, and not Blue Yonders, I maen a real pic by an artist on the drawing boards some where on the web and she's e-mailing me the pic... If it's not true you can blame my friend, NOT ME. I'm only repeating what I heard.
Travis Bickle 09-04-2006 06:32 PM
Members of the Cowboy Bebop team wanted to revive the series. That doesn't mean it's going to happen. Ever.