Now, the best games you've ever played in your life!

X Prime 08-31-2006 03:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
Deus Ex is a rip off of Too Human, FYI.


That doesn't really do anything to the quality of the game itself however, which is still a pinnacle of excellence.
Schwarzwald 08-31-2006 04:04 PM
SpookyElectric 09-10-2006 02:08 AM
Knights of the Old Republic
Half-Life
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Sharpshooter005 09-10-2006 03:47 AM
quote:
Deus Ex is a rip off of Too Human, FYI.


I looked up too human and saw this

quote:
There is also an in-game Matrix-like computer network you can patch into, called "Cyberspace", to break-up the action of the game.


Which was also done in system shock...which was made by looking glass studios, then a number of their employees went on to make Deus Ex.
X Prime 09-10-2006 02:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Deus Ex is a rip off of Too Human, FYI.


I looked up too human and saw this

quote:
There is also an in-game Matrix-like computer network you can patch into, called "Cyberspace", to break-up the action of the game.


Which was also done in system shock...which was made by looking glass studios, then a number of their employees went on to make Deus Ex.


It was also in one of the SNES/Genesis Shadowruns...

TOO HUMAN RIPS OFF SHADOWRUN OH NO

ACCORDING TO OBNOXIOUS PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET TAKING INSPIRATION IS A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE THING
Generalissimo D 09-10-2006 02:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Deus Ex is a rip off of Too Human, FYI.


I looked up too human and saw this

quote:
There is also an in-game Matrix-like computer network you can patch into, called "Cyberspace", to break-up the action of the game.


Which was also done in system shock...which was made by looking glass studios, then a number of their employees went on to make Deus Ex.


It was also in one of the SNES/Genesis Shadowruns...

TOO HUMAN RIPS OFF SHADOWRUN OH NO

ACCORDING TO OBNOXIOUS PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET TAKING INSPIRATION IS A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE THING


There's a difference between inspiration and plagarism.
paul1290 09-10-2006 02:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Deus Ex is a rip off of Too Human, FYI.


I looked up too human and saw this

quote:
There is also an in-game Matrix-like computer network you can patch into, called "Cyberspace", to break-up the action of the game.


Which was also done in system shock...which was made by looking glass studios, then a number of their employees went on to make Deus Ex.


It was also in one of the SNES/Genesis Shadowruns...

TOO HUMAN RIPS OFF SHADOWRUN OH NO

ACCORDING TO OBNOXIOUS PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET TAKING INSPIRATION IS A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE THING


There's a difference between inspiration and plagarism.


The general rule is that no matter what you create, 99.99% of the time it has been done before. Only the remaining 0.01% is original.


As for the best game I've ever played, I was going to say Deus Ex but you guys mentioned it already.


In that case I say Freespace 2, the last and perhaps the greatest space-simulation game of all time.
X Prime 09-10-2006 03:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Deus Ex is a rip off of Too Human, FYI.


I looked up too human and saw this

quote:
There is also an in-game Matrix-like computer network you can patch into, called "Cyberspace", to break-up the action of the game.


Which was also done in system shock...which was made by looking glass studios, then a number of their employees went on to make Deus Ex.


It was also in one of the SNES/Genesis Shadowruns...

TOO HUMAN RIPS OFF SHADOWRUN OH NO

ACCORDING TO OBNOXIOUS PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET TAKING INSPIRATION IS A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE THING


There's a difference between inspiration and plagarism.


The general rule is that no matter what you create, 99.99% of the time it has been done before. Only the remaining 0.01% is original.


Correct.
Hollow XXVI 09-10-2006 06:46 PM
No one has mentioned Chrono Trigger, therefore I feel sad and alone.
Generalissimo D 09-10-2006 10:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nightmare
No one has mentioned Chrono Trigger, therefore I feel sad and alone.


It's just a JRPG.
Hollow XXVI 09-11-2006 03:17 AM
Lawlz, that wasn't old 3 months ago, no sah.
Sharpshooter005 09-14-2006 02:33 AM
I wanted to say deus ex but then I decided to be all contrarian and in-your-face.

So I'll just go with silent hill 2 why not (even though, yeah, the combat...well it sucks in all of them, it seemed like less of a hinderance in 2 than it did in 3 though.)