[Fan Art] Agent 271

Lexx 08-26-2006 09:52 PM
Agent 271 - Alan gabriel

here is an alan art that i made. yay!! first time drawing blood and it looks kinda off. bleh. i tried. hee hee hee
enjoy!

click the pic to full view

if you have any Alan Gabriel fanart post it here! its the alan art thread.

Alanites unite!!
Big Grin
R. Daniel Olk 01 08-27-2006 11:43 AM
You like Alan too? Haha, cool. I'm almost done with a sweet Alan wallpaper I'm making for SBO. I'll post the art here when it's finished, too ^.^

My fav is actually Dan Dastun, 'cuz I admire his kinda character. Gets things done, hoo-ah! (Also his name is Dan, Wink nah j/k that's not the reason). But I just can't resist liking Alan (and Instro) because I'm most often like an odd combination of the two...

Oh ya, and the blood looks fine! The pic is decent quality... but to make it smoother you should invest in a scanner and Adobe Illustrator.
Lexx 08-27-2006 01:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
You like Alan too? Haha, cool. I'm almost done with a sweet Alan wallpaper I'm making for SBO. I'll post the art here when it's finished, too ^.^/quote]

sweet! cant wait to see it!

[quote]Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
Oh ya, and the blood looks fine! The pic is decent quality... but to make it smoother you should invest in a scanner and Adobe Illustrator.

actully i did use a scanner. its just a really crappy one. haha
thanx for the advice! Big Grin
SEELE 08 08-27-2006 04:54 PM
Gj, I like Alan too...but than again I'm a cyborg fangirl in general. I haven't done any fanarts of him myself...I mostly do Eva fanart.
R. Daniel Olk 01 08-27-2006 05:16 PM
I think anyone who likes Alan is very odd. So far I've heard three reasons for why he is liked. Two speak for potential underlying personality traits that most people consider unsavory.

But the third reason--that an extendo-wrist is friggin' fun stuff! Is of the acceptable kind Big Grin
SEELE 08 08-27-2006 06:07 PM
I dunno man...there is always the potential for some good ol' Alex/Allen yaoi.
I just like him because cyborgs=pwn. Case in point, my avatar.
Lexx 08-27-2006 07:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SEELE 08
I dunno man...there is always the potential for some good ol' Alex/Allen yaoi.
I just like him because cyborgs=pwn. Case in point, my avatar.

haha. u gotta point there.

alex/alan yaoi = Big Grin
Xel 08-27-2006 07:51 PM
quote:
I think anyone who likes Alan is very odd. So far I've heard three reasons for why he is liked. Two speak for potential underlying personality traits that most people consider unsavory.

But the third reason--that an extendo-wrist is friggin' fun stuff! Is of the acceptable kind Big Grin

Since when is it odd to like unsavory characters, though? Big Grin I mean, I sure wouldn't chance a game of Twister with Alan or anything, but I still am really very intrigued by his character-- just from afar. X3

Though to be honest, the first thing that attracted me to Alan was his looks. You have to admit, he certainly has a specific presence about him. I was like, "who is this spidery guy in the snazzy suit and why can't I see his eyes?"
Lexx 08-27-2006 08:32 PM
i always liked the psycho clown-ish looking guys in shows. like in batman for instance. but the first time i saw him i was like whoa! this dude is freakin kool looking! its jack skellington meets the joker!
i must say though his laugh is contagious. Big Grin
SEELE 08 08-27-2006 08:36 PM
Here is the burning question: Where the hell are Alan's ears? (and come to think of it....where are Keel's ears...)
Lexx 08-27-2006 08:40 PM
thats a good question.
hmmm........
Confused
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-27-2006 09:55 PM
Duz it really matter? Oh Well It's Alan. He's looks delightfuly yummy. He has his trademarks. He has that thing about him that makes people like him. Whay should ears matter when everything else is perfect? Tongue
Shadow dorothy 08-27-2006 10:03 PM
Am I the only one who remebers that Alan is evil, and not an arrow if you get me. Good art though.
Xel 08-27-2006 10:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy
Am I the only one who remebers that Alan is evil, and not an arrow if you get me. Good art though.

You say that as if it doesn't make certain few of us like him more. Big Grin
R. Daniel Olk 01 08-27-2006 10:29 PM
Ah-ah-ah, but if you examine the underlying drive for why you like Alan so much (or at all)... that's when you're like.... "woah."

Meh.... or don't listen to me, "I'm just weird." I tend to read into everything, y'know?

Hmm, I haven't really said what I want to say here... 'cuz I fear I'd just get a thread of people giving me strange looks via smileys. Any analysis of Alan and what his character blatantly represents is doomed to dip into the awkward.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-27-2006 11:22 PM
So? It's fun to dip in the akward! 83
Xel 08-27-2006 11:57 PM
This is going to be cut into slightly rearranged chunks for convenience.

quote:
Hmm, I haven't really said what I want to say here... 'cuz I fear I'd just get a thread of people giving me strange looks via smileys. Any analysis of Alan and what his character blatantly represents is doomed to dip into the awkward.

By all means, go right ahead. A mod can always up the rating of the thread, if really necessary (which, as I edit this, may be the case Embarrassed Sweatdrop ). It wouldn't be the first time (Hot Robot Action, anyone?).

quote:
Ah-ah-ah, but if you examine the underlying drive for why you like Alan so much (or at all)... that's when you're like.... "woah."

Meh.... or don't listen to me, "I'm just weird." I tend to read into everything, y'know?

Well, since the floodgates are now open, I may as well say my own personal piece. Ahaha. I'm not sure there's any "woah" about it.

Why Alan. Why Alan... hmm.

It started with the looks. That's for certain. A man without eyes is mysterious. A man with red lips is androgynous and sensual. As a character, he's colored in incredibly basic and striking ways-- black, white, red. It's all very striking, and it's what drew me in. Harmonious, almost.

Which is funny, when you consider that Alan is... not entirely harmonious. He's got a lot of duality within him-- human vs. machine, Paradigm vs. the Union, passion vs. coldbloodedness, and so on. These attributes both coexist and don't. To elaborate on all of this and what exactly it emphasizes about his character, I would have to take the time to write a full-on character analysis, and I'm afraid I don't have the juice for that just now. You'll have to settle for my half-assed rambling. :3

But I do find Alan to be the most sexually-charged character in the series, by far. Yes, even more than Angel, for all her babealicious charms. Far more than Angel, honestly. Just look at him throughout the episodes-- he's surrounded in phallic symbols, man. XD His gun, which he gives a long lick before chasing down Dorothy with it. The drill with which he attempts to penetrate her body. The wires connected to his body, which link him to Big Duo Inferno-- wires that eventually subjugate, smother, and crush him. What's so interesting to me is the way in which he interacts with those objects: he uses them as tools, directly appreciates them at one point, and is ultimately overtaken by them. That's not what you'd expect to see of a typically "male" indicator, which I tend to perceive as a man simply using those tools to affect others and little else. Phallic symbols do, and are much less commonly done to.

It's very much a sex-as-power thing, I believe. And though frightening, I think many people have a certain drive to be attracted to and awed by that.

As I said, not someone I'd like to meet in a dark alley. Or even a lit alley. But there's just so much there that I can't resist looking a little deeper. From the safety of my own physical reality, mind. X3

And again, don't sell short the fact that he's just a very lovely and strange-looking creature to look at. He's what happens when you take something beautiful and warp it only enough to look and feel just the slightest bit wrong.

So "woah" nothing. Big Grin It is what it is. (And now who reads into everything? >.>)
Lexx 08-28-2006 12:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy

You say that as if it doesn't make certain few of us like him more. Big Grin

Big Grin yepp yepp

quote:
Originally posted by Xel
By all means, go right ahead. A mod can always up the rating of the thread, if really necessary (which, as I edit this, may be the case Embarrassed Sweatdrop ). It wouldn't be the first time (Hot Robot Action, anyone?).

Big Grin -nod nod-

quote:
Originally posted by Xel
Why Alan. Why Alan... hmm.

It started with the looks. That's for certain. A man without eyes is mysterious. A man with red lips is androgynous and sensual. As a character, he's colored in incredibly basic and striking ways-- black, white, red. It's all very striking, and it's what drew me in. Harmonious, almost.

i agree. plus red, black, nd white are my fav. color combo. haha.

quote:
Originally posted by Xel
But I do find Alan to be the most sexually-charged character in the series, by far. Yes, even more than Angel, for all her babealicious charms. Far more than Angel, honestly. Just look at him throughout the episodes-- he's surrounded in phallic symbols, man. XD His gun, which he gives a long lick before chasing down Dorothy with it. The drill with which he attempts to penetrate her body. The wires connected to his body, which link him to Big Duo Inferno-- wires that eventually subjugate, smother, and crush him. What's so interesting to me is the way in which he interacts with those objects: he uses them as tools, directly appreciates them at one point, and is ultimately overtaken by them. That's not what you'd expect to see of a typically "male" indicator, which I tend to perceive as a man simply using those tools to affect others and little else. Phallic symbols do, and are much less commonly done to.

aw yes the gun thing. that was hott. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Xel
As I said, not someone I'd like to meet in a dark alley. Or even a lit alley. But there's just so much there that I can't resist looking a little deeper. From the safety of my own physical reality, mind. X3

And again, don't sell short the fact that he's a very lovely and strange-looking creature to look at. He's what happens when you take something beautiful and warp it only enough to look and feel just the slightest bit wrong.

i agree with you. that is pretty much exactly why i love alan. hes the freakin koolest. nd he stands out the most ya know? Big Grin
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-28-2006 12:34 AM
The color palate... Striking!
The body... So Jack Skelington, which makes him awesome!
The tools and how he uses them... Tee-Hee-Hee! X3
His hair... KILLER BLONDE! What's not to like about that? Tongue
His character in general... DAMN!! 8D What a man!! Not the kind I'd trust with anything physical, but man!
He's TOTALLY FREAKING NUTS!! Shocked Crazy people are cool!
And he has yaoi and bishonen potential!

And that's basically why I like him. OuO; He incorperates nearly everything I like in my characters. The male ones at least.
Lexx 08-28-2006 12:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
The color palate... Striking!
The body... So Jack Skelington, which makes him awesome!
The tools and how he uses them... Tee-Hee-Hee! X3
His hair... KILLER BLONDE! What's not to like about that? Tongue
His character in general... DAMN!! 8D What a man!! Not the kind I'd trust with anything physical, but man!
He's TOTALLY FREAKING NUTS!! Shocked Crazy people are cool!

-nods frantically- i agree 100% Big Grin
psycho dudes are the freakin koolest!!!
i love his laugh! its so freakin contagious haha. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
And he has yaoi and bishonen potential!

And that's basically why I like him. OuO; He incorperates nearly everything I like in my characters. The male ones at least.

hellz ya!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin