[Fan Art] Agent 271

Xel 08-28-2006 01:18 AM
*facepalm, weep.*

But I mean, you know. I write fic, and so because of that particular, ahem, element about him, it makes things a lot more fun and interesting. (Not to mention easy, which is the main thing. 8D) So I'm never really at a loss for subject matter when Alan's involved.

The only thing I can't quite work out is Alan/Roger, and that's because Roger's the only person that I think Alan genuinely seems to dislike. Alex/Alan, Vera/Alan, Angel/Alan, though... even Beck/Alan, actually-- I can see 'em all. Such versatility is very convenient. Big Grin
Lexx 08-28-2006 01:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
*facepalm, weep.*

But I mean, you know. I write fic, and so because of that particular, ahem, element about him, it makes things a lot more fun and interesting. (Not to mention easy, which is the main thing. 8D) So I'm never really at a loss for subject matter when Alan's involved.

The only thing I can't quite work out is Alan/Roger, and that's because Roger's the only person that I think Alan genuinely seems to dislike. Alex/Alan, Vera/Alan, Angel/Alan, though... even Beck/Alan, actually-- I can see 'em all. Such versatility is very convenient. Big Grin

haha ya.
with the alan/roger thing you could make it so its like a love/hate sort of thing. very abusive, toture even. Big Grin
but that would make alan a lil bit out of character. but thats how i would see it.
and personally i like fics like that. Big Grin
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-28-2006 02:35 AM
Crack fics are fun as long as thier done right. If it's done right, the pairing don't mean sh*t. Alan is pretty versatile, now that I think about it. OoO He seems like the kind of guy who would go for stuff like SNM, no? X3
Xel 08-28-2006 02:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
Crack fics are fun as long as thier done right. If it's done right, the pairing don't mean sh*t. Alan is pretty versatile, now that I think about it. OoO He seems like the kind of guy who would go for stuff like SNM, no? X3


I actually really, really agree with that notion. I'm of the opinion that anything can be done in fic-- it's just a matter of whether the author truly has the patience, skill, and even the luck to pull it off.

*snicker* Not quite one for the warm fuzzies, though, that man. It's funny you should mention that; I've got this Vera/Alan thing in the works that I'm honestly too embarrassed to continue with. Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Lexx 08-28-2006 02:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
*snicker* Not quite one for the warm fuzzies, though, that man. It's funny you should mention that; I've got this Vera/Alan thing in the works that I'm honestly too embarrassed to continue with. Embarrassed Sweatdrop


haha nice. Big Grin
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-28-2006 07:31 AM
Proven: There are things that can be done with Alan in fan works that are so risque, authors may not be daring enough to finish them. Wink

Also Proven: We are a bunch of fangirls obsessing over a single character in a thread that started with a picture. Tongue

Also Proven: It's hella fun! Big Grin

I'd like to see samples of such fan fictions. Where would I go about finding them? Fanfiction dot net?
Xel 08-28-2006 01:59 PM
*nodnod* I know I've got a handful of Alan fics up there, and I've seen a couple others. There are other sources too, but... well, eheh. You know...

Also, agreed on all points. It's about time we brought some good old fashioned fangirlism back to PCF. X3 Makes the place feel young again.

P.S.: I finished it. Embarrassed Sweatdrop
R. Daniel Olk 01 08-28-2006 02:41 PM
I'm very glad about where this thread has gone... now I know I won't be reproached.

Uh, yeah this thread pretty much OBLIGATES me to finish my fanart now... maybe plan a second one.

Once I get finished with some stuff I'll post back here with the finished fanart and say what has been on my mind, and also what Alan's character represents to me. I've noticed things in your posts that seem to confirm what I'll be suggesting, too!


...... I swear I must be one of like 4 guys in the Universe who is finding this thread entertaining right now...... Anime Smile
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-28-2006 03:08 PM
YAY!! Laughing *throws confetti in the air* A male who can appreciate fangirl-ism! IT'S A MIRICALE!!

Now, I expect the promised fanart soon, okies?
Xel 08-28-2006 03:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
I'm very glad about where this thread has gone... now I know I won't be reproached.

Uh, yeah this thread pretty much OBLIGATES me to finish my fanart now... maybe plan a second one.

Once I get finished with some stuff I'll post back here with the finished fanart and say what has been on my mind, and also what Alan's character represents to me. I've noticed things in your posts that seem to confirm what I'll be suggesting, too!


...... I swear I must be one of like 4 guys in the Universe who is finding this thread entertaining right now...... Anime Smile


I'm looking forward to it. :3 It's not every day you find someone who's willing to heavily analyze a character who isn't Roger, Dorothy, or Angel.

And... don't worry, Finale's lurking around here somewhere, aren't ya, friend? 8D *nudge nudge*
Lexx 08-28-2006 06:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
I'm very glad about where this thread has gone... now I know I won't be reproached.

Uh, yeah this thread pretty much OBLIGATES me to finish my fanart now... maybe plan a second one.

Once I get finished with some stuff I'll post back here with the finished fanart and say what has been on my mind, and also what Alan's character represents to me. I've noticed things in your posts that seem to confirm what I'll be suggesting, too!


...... I swear I must be one of like 4 guys in the Universe who is finding this thread entertaining right now...... Anime Smile


fanart!!!!! YAY!!!! aw yes its quite entertaining. and i believe its about to get even better. Big Grin
Jixie 08-28-2006 10:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
The only thing I can't quite work out is Alan/Roger, and that's because Roger's the only person that I think Alan genuinely seems to dislike. Alex/Alan, Vera/Alan, Angel/Alan, though... even Beck/Alan, actually-- I can see 'em all. Such versatility is very convenient. Big Grin


Convenient indeed. I think there's a love/hate thing with Roger, and as an extention of that, Dorothy. Or maybe Dorothy is something completely different, can't decide. If we're considering the Union pre-series, can I throw Sybil in too? Beck, I can't see so much, but then I don't really care for him, so...

Really it's less a question of who would Alan do as it is who would do Alan. Tongue

As far as sadomashocism. I don't think he falls neatly into either catagory, he seems to get off on pain no matter who's giving and who's taking. But enough about that...

quote:
Originally posted by Xel
It started with the looks. That's for certain. A man without eyes is mysterious. A man with red lips is androgynous and sensual. As a character, he's colored in incredibly basic and striking ways-- black, white, red. It's all very striking, and it's what drew me in. Harmonious, almost.

(...)

And again, don't sell short the fact that he's just a very lovely and strange-looking creature to look at. He's what happens when you take something beautiful and warp it only enough to look and feel just the slightest bit wrong.


Thank you for puting that into words. There are things about Alan that are just creepy-- drill hand, inhumanly thin legs, and I really wish they'd shown what was behind the mask. ... but creepy in a way that makes you want more. You've described it very well.

~J
SEELE 08 08-29-2006 12:35 AM
quote:
Thank you for puting that into words. There are things about Alan that are just creepy-- drill hand, inhumanly thin legs, and I really wish they'd shown what was behind the mask. ... but creepy in a way that makes you want more. You've described it very well.


Maybe the mask is part of him...one of his implants. The black band where his eyes are might even be a sensory system....as it seemed to have an outlet to hook into Big Duo's systems.

Also where are his ears damnit! And where are Keel's ears! Was there some kind of meeting where the cyborgs decided ears were totally unfashionable?
R. Daniel Olk 01 08-29-2006 12:47 AM
All the cyborgs got together and agreed they were sick of getting tugged around by their mommies, so they voted to replace ears with small panels or blisters.

Well I'm glad that you peeps are expectant. I promise you won't be disappointed Big Grin However, work on another Big O project of mine (as well as taking care of some job-hunting business) ended up turning into "social hour," so now you're going to have to wait until.. hmm it's 1:43 AM now.... so, till this evening. I'm sorry for not having finished, even though there wasn't much left to do.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-29-2006 01:14 AM
Se la vie. I don't care. Just finish it up soon, okies? Tongue I'll give you a cookie.
Lexx 08-29-2006 02:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
All the cyborgs got together and agreed they were sick of getting tugged around by their mommies, so they voted to replace ears with small panels or blisters.

Well I'm glad that you peeps are expectant. I promise you won't be disappointed Big Grin However, work on another Big O project of mine (as well as taking care of some job-hunting business) ended up turning into "social hour," so now you're going to have to wait until.. hmm it's 1:43 AM now.... so, till this evening. I'm sorry for not having finished, even though there wasn't much left to do.


heh heh cant wait! Big Grin
R. Daniel Olk 01 08-29-2006 09:40 PM
"Se la vie. I don't care. Just finish it up soon, okies? I'll give you a cookie."

Hmm if it's a dog treat I'll slug it back at ya and shout "I am not a dog, you kat!" BUT if it's one of those Black-n-White deli cookies, I'd say "Yay! I'm working on commission!"



>--------------------<

I'm killing the love here, I know, but it's all Photoshop's fault. I thought it might be able to do the stripes on Alan's suit--the one element I hadn't drawn. Well now I'm just gonna draw it by hand and scan it. Ticked off, now, and tired. Don't know where the afternoon went. Actually I do: it went to napping and to wasting time on two forums! I need a "damn puppet" to make me feel better. I have access to one.... but it's about 400 miles away right now... Tongue
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-29-2006 10:02 PM
One Black-n-white deli cookie! Coming up! In fact, you'll get four.

Computer tech doesn't always work. Nothing you can do unles you're Aoi or some other computer genius. I myself, prefer to draw by hand. Color too. I can't wait to see what you've come up with!
Lexx 08-29-2006 10:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
One Black-n-white deli cookie! Coming up! In fact, you'll get four.

Computer tech doesn't always work. Nothing you can do unles you're Aoi or some other computer genius. I myself, prefer to draw by hand. Color too. I can't wait to see what you've come up with!


haha thats wat i do! Big Grin
its a lot easier.
R. Daniel Olk 01 08-30-2006 09:38 PM
Oh man, you girls are in for a real treat... his stripes: so curvaceous; his hair: so rebellious...


Funny story, I almost crashed on the exit ramp of a wet+narrow bridge trying to get to the art store to buy more tracing paper... this pic might not have come to pass for a long time... Dead and the store wasn't even open yet Tongue Roll Eyes Crying Laughing

oh well, "when life throws you tomatos..."

*gets back to working*

*shouts back over his shoulder* Now I demand TWELVE cookies and a boston-creme---as insurance!