Crank

Jonny Axehandle 08-25-2006 02:09 PM

http://www.crankfilm.com/

Okay, this has to be of the most original movie idea I've heard this year. Anyone else going to see it?
Travis Bickle 08-25-2006 11:50 PM
Yeah, it looks interesting.
Fujiko 08-26-2006 03:12 AM
It's like Speed, but with a person Shocked Tongue

But you know, this is one of the better ideas that Hollywood has come up with. But I doubt there will be any as creative as this anytime soon. Let's enjoy it while we can, eh?

This also reminds me of:

Guy on bus: If this bus goes over 55 miles per hour, it'll explode!
Bus Driver: Well...that's not so bad.

KABOOM!

Johnny Bravo [watching the movie on tv]: I love these action flicks.
ArmageddonRose 08-26-2006 05:24 AM
Yeah. Been awhile since I saw a movie on the big screen. 'Sides, it sounds like my kinda plot. Adrenaline? Speed? Explosions? *beep*? Heck, yeah. Cool
Nine Kuze 08-28-2006 04:07 PM
Um, I don't really like the emphasis of the movie.

Sorry to be the downer of this thread but usually, Jason Statham's movies usually involve a lot of things senselessly blowing up, just as someone blew up the plot beforehand.

But I have to admit, it probably is one of the most original ideas to come out of Hollywood this year, and that's pretty sad.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 08-28-2006 04:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Jason Statham's movies usually involve a lot of things senselessly blowing up, just as someone blew up the plot beforehand.

This isn't by any means a bad thing.
David Ryder 08-28-2006 04:16 PM
A story about a guy getting revenge on some guys that try to kill him is original? yeah that idea hasn't been done before.
Nine Kuze 08-28-2006 05:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Jason Statham's movies usually involve a lot of things senselessly blowing up, just as someone blew up the plot beforehand.

This isn't by any means a bad thing.

For me, it is. I can't stand movies where something blows up every five minutes. It's every irritating to me.

quote:
A story about a guy getting revenge on some guys that try to kill him is original? yeah that idea hasn't been done before.

True, but we're talkin' about THIS year. So yeah.
Peace.
Big Money 08-28-2006 06:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes

I'm fairly certain that what was being referenced was the gimmick with the Adrenaline stuff, where he has to keep blowing stuff up to not die.

Sure, I'll see this movie. But not before I see The Protector.
David Ryder 08-28-2006 06:35 PM
quote:
I'm fairly certain that what was being referenced was the gimmick with the Adrenaline stuff, where he has to keep blowing stuff up to not die.

I knew what he was referring to. That part is fairly original.
Fujiko 08-29-2006 01:06 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes

I don't think this technically qualifies as trying to kill him.
Pie_Junkie 08-29-2006 03:40 PM
Desipte that the idea has been done I still plan on seeing it.
Sharpshooter005 09-06-2006 11:55 PM
quote:

From what I've heard this movie elevates that to a level not often seen now.

Which...I have no problem with it, if something explicitly bills itself as "90 minutes of over the top stuntwork, explosions, and potentially one liners" I'm not going to bash it for delivering just that...well unless it dosen't do it well, then thats when the bashing begins