Outlaw Star Question

Schoolie 08-25-2006 12:01 PM
I've finally broken down and convinced myself to buy the Outlaw Star DVDs. Here's my question though:

What's the difference between the so-called "Perfect Collection" (http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.as...ner_id=80137270) and the newer "Anime Legends Complete Collection" (http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.as...hor=1#topoftabs)?

Thanks to anybody who knows!
Travis Bickle 08-25-2006 01:05 PM
Anime Legends is cheaper, and comes in a nice little box with all of the DVDs. I have it, and it's a great thing to have.
Raven 08-25-2006 05:06 PM
The Perfect Collection, which I have, is basically all the individual DVDs wrapped in an awesome black box. It looks better than the Anime Legends collection if you ask me.
Green_Bird 08-25-2006 07:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
The Perfect Collection, which I have, is basically all the individual DVDs wrapped in an awesome black box. It looks better than the Anime Legends collection if you ask me.

Agreed. I personaly like the black box myself aswell. Anime Legends one is generic looking.

Anyway there's nothing diffrent between the two...it's not like the CB remix DVDs or anything.
angelcakes 08-25-2006 08:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Buckle
Anime Legends is cheaper, and comes in a nice little box with all of the DVDs. I have it, and it's a great thing to have.

I agree. I just recently bought the Anime Legends boxset, and not only did it not hurt me too badly in the wallet, I like that it doesn't take up much space.

But between the two collections the only difference is price and presentation, which has been said before.

Edit:

quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Just wondering, does the Anime Legends version come with the little informative pages that the other version does? The ones inside the DVD cases I mean.

Nope, all it come with are the discs and the box itself.
Raven 08-25-2006 08:19 PM
Just wondering, does the Anime Legends version come with the little informative pages that the other version does? The ones inside the DVD cases I mean.
ArmageddonRose 08-26-2006 03:58 AM
Outlaw Star? Well, I had to post on this. I have te Anime Legends release. Just right. Great price, love the package. And no, it doesn't have those pages, Raven. I didn't mind, though. I'm a die-hard fan, so I know waaaaaaay more than I need to, anyway. lol. Pleased
Schoolie 08-26-2006 11:55 AM
Thanks everbody for the comments. I went with the Anime Legends package. It was ~$5 cheaper and hopefully will fit in my DVD shelf.

I would have liked the booklets and such they provide with the other collection. But oh well. They're nice to have, but I probably only look at them once and then that's it.

Great show. Brings back fond memories of Toonami in it's "purer" years. Ahhh . . . the good old days. But time goes on. I'm so happy we live in the DVD age, when we can collect these fondly remembered shows. (Though I'm not sure there's a lot of demand for shows like "Blossom" or "Mr. Belvedere.")
ArmageddonRose 08-27-2006 03:12 AM
Bravo! Big Grin Good choice. Like I said on my into thread, FLCL and Outlaw Star are my top two fave anime's . . . ever. Big O's in the top five, naturally, but there's just something about Outlaw Star that gets me every time . . . Aisha Drooling

EDIT: Schoolie, what's your sig from? I know I've heard that before, but I just can't think of it right now. lol. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
Thanks everbody for the comments. I went with the Anime Legends package. It was ~$5 cheaper and hopefully will fit in my DVD shelf.

I would have liked the booklets and such they provide with the other collection. But oh well. They're nice to have, but I probably only look at them once and then that's it.

Great show. Brings back fond memories of Toonami in it's "purer" years. Ahhh . . . the good old days. But time goes on. I'm so happy we live in the DVD age, when we can collect these fondly remembered shows. (Though I'm not sure there's a lot of demand for shows like "Blossom" or "Mr. Belvedere.")
Schoolie 08-27-2006 01:31 PM
My "girl's stomach" sig? It's from Samurai Champloo - the eating contest that Fuu almost wins. A great line.

Lots of good dialogue in that episode - I think they also talk about vegetarians being sissies and stuff like that.
ArmageddonRose 08-28-2006 01:19 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
My "girl's stomach" sig? It's from Samurai Champloo - the eating contest that Fuu almost wins. A great line.

Lots of good dialogue in that episode - I think they also talk about vegetarians being sissies and stuff like that.

lol! That was it! Knew I'd heard it somewhere. Thanks. Tongue
Raven 08-28-2006 01:30 AM
Congrats on your lower quality purchase. Big Grin Either way, you come out a winner. Gene Starwind and Ron MacDougall are just too pimp for words to describe.