Why Does Schwarzwald Have A Banana-Shaped Head?

OpVines 08-24-2006 02:18 AM
Can someone please explain to me why Schwarzwald has a banana shaped head? I mean, even if he's covering his hair with bandages, which would be really, really weird, it still doesn't make sense. All the other characters in the series have hair that at least look like it could be found in the modern world.

But Schwarzwald.. his head is banana shaped!

WHY!?
Hobodoken 08-24-2006 07:21 AM
There're multiple theories of the reasoning.

One that I can actually recal is that Shcwarzy's a robot, and the Archetype thing cuased his head to get kind of melted.
Mattartist 08-24-2006 08:02 AM
Schwartzwald has a banana head -- cause he has REALLY TALL HAIR, perhaps? I mean look at Johnny Bravo -- his hair's taller than his body!

Also, I don't really see how Crispy can be a robot, or android, or whatever, because really there was no at least INTERESTING clues to say he was one. I think so far the only "Human Being" character in the show we've seen be actually an android was good ol' Big Ear.

Of course this can be debated, but Schwartzwald's banana head could actually store something MORE, perhaps a monkey? Five cheeseburgers on top of one another? Or, perhaps shocking of all, he's a relative of the CONEHEADS! Heh, me love that movie... Big Grin

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get lost in my nostalgia again... ahhh... Pleased
Nine Kuze 08-24-2006 09:55 AM
Who questions Schwartzwald?

But also, I'd like to know about Michael Seebach myself, the man behind our favorite crispy, bandaged vigilante.

EDIT: Also Mattartist, what the hell are you talkin' about?
Peace.
Mr. Peabody 08-24-2006 10:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by OpVines
Can someone please explain to me why Schwarzwald has a banana shaped head?

His favorite show is Bananas in Pajamas.

Now you also know why he is [censored] crazy!
Nine Kuze 08-24-2006 10:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
quote:
Can someone please explain to me why Schwarzwald has a banana shaped head?

His favorite show is Bananas in Pajamas.

Now you also know why he is [censored] crazy!

Dear God, I somehow REMEMBER that show.
Peace.
Tsukaggin 08-24-2006 12:14 PM
Dramatic character design. Aesthetics.
Jixie 08-24-2006 12:41 PM
Why Does Schwarzwald Have A Banana-Shaped Head?

Because he's Schwarzwald.

I always figured it was just the bandages wrapped into pile on top of his head for whatever reason (see above), and his head is normal underneath.

... except for the horrific second and third degree burns, that is.

~J
Jonny Axehandle 08-24-2006 02:51 PM
Chances are it's just extra bandage tied up so it isn't constantly hanging over his face.
Zopwx2 08-24-2006 03:11 PM
His hat got fused to his head.
OpVines 08-24-2006 05:06 PM
Do you think his neck brace has any real use? I mean, when Roger went inside that room and read Schwarzwald's letter (YES, SCHWARZWALD. S-C-H-W-A-R-Z-WA-L-D, not "Schwartzwald"), Schwarzwald poured the gasoline in and lit it, and by the time the flame started and Roger jumped out the window, Schwarzwald was already on the roof of the adjacent building, showing some serious acrobatics.
The Ghost of Ember 08-24-2006 05:39 PM
quote:
Do you think his neck brace has any real use? I mean, when Roger went inside that room and read Schwarzwald's letter (YES, SCHWARZWALD. S-C-H-W-A-R-Z-WA-L-D, not "Schwartzwald"), Schwarzwald poured the gasoline in and lit it, and by the time the flame started and Roger jumped out the window, Schwarzwald was already on the roof of the adjacent building, showing some serious acrobatics.

Yeah, Schwarzwalds name gets misspelled all over the place. It doesn't help that the Japanese version lists him as "Swaltz Walt" or some such. As far as the head, it seems to have been merely part of his design, from what I can gather from the art book, he started out as a "the invisible man" wannabe, and after loosing the fedora the top of his head just kept growing with each re-sketch. That or he's a conehead.

As far as the gasoline thing, I figured that was a trap he had set up for anyone who entered his room. Pulleys and wires and stuff. Not like he somehow set fire to his room and then jumped across the roof to the next building.
Arei 08-24-2006 06:44 PM
The KKK rejected him so he decided to make his own group, just with bandaged cone shaped heads, yet no one else joined xD

Leasts that my theory xDDD Hahaha no its not, just kidding.

I always thought that maybe he is wearing something underneath the bandages (ie the cone) thats suppose to help protect his head, which could be in bad shape and without being covered it could get infected and he'd die maybe?

And I agree I'd like to learn more about his former self... somewhere I read that he had a wife and kids O_o

quote:
Do you think his neck brace has any real use?

Well its possible he might've had some damage done to his neck when he was burned >.>
Buck Buck #1 08-24-2006 07:44 PM
He's actually Pyramid Head in disguise!
minespatch 08-24-2006 07:49 PM
maybe it's just alot of bandages rolled one after the other?
Shadow dorothy 08-24-2006 07:58 PM
Maybe he has a traffic cone under there.
Gerbera345 08-24-2006 11:07 PM
A good bet would be is that Seebach is a little weird about those bandages and tied them up into a cone, he doesn't have big 'mitten' hands so he obviously is slightly neurotic about his bandages. I also would bet that the neck brace may have initially served a purpose but Schwarzvald continued to wear it even after it had quit serving it's purpose. A fair amount of time passes from the time he cooks himself to when he disappears and he still persisted in wearing that odd neck brace.
Generalissimo D 08-24-2006 11:14 PM
I've had the idea it was a jury rig from a stick to hold his back upright.
Gerbera345 08-24-2006 11:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
I've had the idea it was a jury rig from a stick to hold his back upright.

There is a chance of that, he may have had a back brace and some lingering sense of vanity made him cover it up, that could explain the weird headshape. Although other things like the eye cover are rather odd.
OpVines 08-25-2006 12:03 AM
I always thought it was a eye piece that covered his eye because it was so badly burnt. And in any case, I think we can all agree when I say Schwarzwald is one awesomely designed character.

Edit: And about the trap thing, the gas and fire were started outside of the door, and I'm pretty sure Roger might have noticed something amiss if there was a cup of gasoline attached to some wire with a lighter somewhere. And if it was a trap, then it's highly unlikely that Schwarzwald would just happened to be on the roof of the adjacent building.