Why Does Schwarzwald Have A Banana-Shaped Head?

Xel 08-25-2006 01:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jixie

Because he's Mojo Jojo.

Fixed.
OpVines 08-25-2006 04:17 AM
How much heroin do you have to shoot into your eyeballs to think this looks like a banana-shaped head?:

Xel 08-25-2006 05:46 AM
quote:
Originally posted by OpVines
How much heroin do you have to shoot into your eyeballs to think this looks like a banana-shaped head?:

'bout two grams.
The Big Finale 08-25-2006 06:33 AM
Until your eyes are as pink as his.
OpVines 08-25-2006 09:16 AM
Heroin makes your pupils shrink until they're the size of needle points, they don't make your eyes red. Marijuana makes your eyes red. Although, at least traditionally. I'm sure it wouldn't even take an atom of heroin to make your eyes red if you're sticking needles into them. So the true answer is either none or infinity.
Pygmalion 08-25-2006 09:45 AM
quote:
Edit: And about the trap thing, the gas and fire were started outside of the door, and I'm pretty sure Roger might have noticed something amiss if there was a cup of gasoline attached to some wire with a lighter somewhere. And if it was a trap, then it's highly unlikely that Schwarzwald would just happened to be on the roof of the adjacent building.

No, I don't think Crispy "just happened" to be there to watch his apartment burn. However, I suspect that he either set up a trap that Roger triggered by messing with the stuff on the desk or (with a time delay) by opening the apartment. Schwarzwald was watching, as all traditional criminals do, to see his plans come to fruition. I, too, find it unlikely that he poured the gas, lit the match, then leapt to the other building.

Pygmalion
OpVines 08-25-2006 01:34 PM
Let's be realistic. Schwarzwald is a reporter. Not an engineer. You're saying Schwarzwald designed a computerized time trap that detects either the door opening or a paper being picked up then used his non-existant knowledge of mechanics to design a system of moving gasoline right under the door (if you watch the seen, you can see that the gas spill is very precise, only possible by pouring something close to the bottom of that door) then lights the oil by either a flame or a spark.

Schwarzwald might be able to pilot the Big Duo, but why does this mean he's an super inventor? And where would he hide all of these mechanics? I don't think it's hard to believe he could have lit the trap himself then jumped onto the other roof. I mean, when Roger jumps out the window and uses that hook gun thing to attach to the roof, he climbs up and uses 1 hand and FLIPS over the ledge with ease.
ScionofDestiny 08-25-2006 02:04 PM
Don't forget that this is Paradigm City we are talking about. It is possible that Schwartzwald has or obtained Memories that would allow him to be a one-man army - which includes being an engineer.

After all, how else would he activate a Megeadeus that had been inactive and baking in the scorching hot desert for forty years? It is possible that the two situations are entirely dissimilar, but I would like to point out that Big O seemed to require regular maintenance.

The difference between the two situations was that Norman feared Big O would rust - probably because Paradigm City is very damp. There would be no chance for that in regards to Big Duo, which existed out in the desert.

On the other hand, Military planes always fall apart out in the desert after years of lacking maintenance. As such, I'm certain that Big Duo, which underwent a similiar process, must have required some maintenance.

Thus:

1. Schwartzwald has memories of an engineer - maybe soldiers prior to forty years ago (which he is cloned from) were required to undergo field maintenace training for their Bigs.

2. Schwartzwald has an accomplice.

3. Just another case of "It's just a cartoon series for gods sake!"
OpVines 08-25-2006 02:55 PM
First of all. Planes do not equal Big Duo. Big Duo is the equilviant of a plane, but it is not one. I doubt Big Duo would break down, even after 40 years. Big Duo is in a hangar, which helps block out sunlight and damage caused from the sunlight. Also, if you've forgotten, Big Duo is a Big, meaning he has a very, very dense armor. Not invulnerable like Big O's armor, but still quite impressive.

And maybe, if you hadn't noticed, Big O needs to be repaired so much because Roger's always fighting other megadeii and other giant monsters. How many times does Schwarzwald pilot Big Duo, once?

And since when does "field maintenance training" include laser-detection technology with automated machinery (Assumingly, because that would be the easiest way to go about it. Laser could connect through a straight line and the opening of the door interrupts the laser line, this triggering some machine to pour and light the oil after a certain time)? I wasn't aware that pilot = engineer.

I think if Schwarzwald developed memories we would have been told about them, as they would have been a big part of the plot.

I will comment that it's pretty hypocritical that you'll make all those arguments then end it with "It's just a cartoon!" It's not like any of us don't know that. It's not like you didn't know that. But you still argued your points anyway. Why? Just because it's fictional doesn't mean we can't try to apply physics and logic to it.
Shadow dorothy 08-25-2006 03:28 PM
Like I said tarrific cone, and the eyepeice is must likely broken goggles.
Robot7290 08-25-2006 03:49 PM
I don't think it's anything. Maybe hair (JOHNNY BRAVO FTW), but most likely just used because it looks cool.

Actually, it's probably just the bandages wrapped up for an effect, or excess bandages just finishing off up there.
Zopwx2 08-25-2006 04:05 PM
More likley its just a cartoon and Schwarzwald did pour the gas himself and we're just supposed to overlook the fact that he ends up on the other building and just roll with it. I mean schwarzwald is a notorious pyro he wouldn't pass up a chance to torch some nosey penguin.

Or maybe a wizard did it.

Now how did he rig masks to burst into flames, thats some anime physics we should get into.

Anyway it's implied big duo is in mint condition becuase it was just chilling in a hanger for 40 years undamaged.
OpVines 08-25-2006 06:31 PM
I thought that scene was purely symbollic at the time I saw it. But now that you brought it up, I'm wondering about it. Getting masks to light themselves on fire is exponentially easier than setting up a laser detection trigger and a timed automatic mechanical system. There are certain compounds that don't take to each other well. An example being oil and water. However, if you try to mix the right chemicals and compouds, the reaction can be more violent and could be enough to cause fire or an explosion.

This is something I believe Schwarzwald could rig up, as he would only need a basic knowledge of chemistry, something you can learn in middle school. Now this is something practical also. He wanted to teach the people of Paradigm City a lesson. What isn't practical is rigging up a timed trap that obviously isn't going to kill Roger and is a one-time use.
Hobodoken 08-25-2006 06:35 PM
So, you're willing to accept he can set up a triggered chemical reaction, but not a time-delay or triggered pouring of gasoline and lighting a spark?
Jixie 08-25-2006 11:11 PM
quote:
You're saying Schwarzwald designed a computerized time trap that detects either the door opening or a paper being picked up then used his non-existant knowledge of mechanics to design a system of moving gasoline right under the door (if you watch the seen, you can see that the gas spill is very precise, only possible by pouring something close to the bottom of that door) then lights the oil by either a flame or a spark.

I figured it was a trap he'd set up, but it doesn't have to be terribly complicated. Booby traps can be rather simple and still hidden well. You said that Roger would've noticed something, but I think sometimes Roger can be pretty oblivious.

quote:
Originally posted by Xel
quote:
Originally posted by Jixie

Because he's Mojo Jojo.

Fixed.

You win.

~J

PS: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~ *snark* Mooooojojojo! OMG FTW. *dies*
evanASF27 08-25-2006 11:19 PM
Well there are many theories...all 3 of them... but mine has a historical and comedic twist to it. Not only that but it's the only logical explaination.

Somewhere along the process....you don't wanna know, lol.
OpVines 08-26-2006 04:14 AM
Uh. Yeah. I guess being able to put 2 explosive chemicals together = engineer? Come on, a middle schooler could have done what Schwarzwald did with the mask, maybe not make flames shoot up in the air, but at least make the mask catch on fire.

I don't see how you compare mixing a chemical reaction together to engineering mechanical parts to pour and light the flame, on top of at least laser detection to detect when Roger comes in. There are many other ways he could have detected Roger, but all of them seem infinitely more complex than the interruption of the laser path when the door is opened or might have triggered when Roger walked past it, such as the silent alarm triggers commonly used today.

Hmm. If I knew the components needed to cause a violent reaction, I could have pulled off burning masks as well, but I guess that according to your logic, that also means I'd be able to program mechanics.

The resemblance of Inspector Zenigata to Schwarzwald is pretty uncanny. Mad props for discovering that.
Knightskye 08-26-2006 11:17 AM
Well, there are characters who where hats. I think he just has a "banana-shaped" hat and when he was bandaged, they went over the hat as well.