big o children with barcode theory

minespatch 08-23-2006 02:19 PM
i was dreaming and what i realized that the children with the barcodes in thier eyes were clones of the people that you see in the series. maybe even the characters are clones for all we know.
Nine Kuze 08-23-2006 02:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by minespatch
i was dreaming and what i realized that the children with the barcodes in thier eyes were clones of the people that you see in the series. maybe even the characters are clones for all we know.

No offense, but that's kind of a given.

That's exactly what the "tomato experiment" was. Creating clones of the senators who founded Paradigm City so those clones will grow up with the memories of events that happened prior to forty years ago.

That's why R.D. went buckwild in Act 13. To get those memories from those "tomatoes" for Alex Rosewater.
Peace.
minespatch 08-23-2006 02:29 PM
sorry for being ignorent to many of die-hard fans of the series.
R. Daniel Olk 01 08-23-2006 08:53 PM
Bashing n00bs is not my style, but Misato-san up there did get the explanation right... and it *is* kinda obvious Tongue

The real question you should be asking yourself, minespath, is whether Roger is a young clone of Norman. There's some good evidence behind it if you're interested.
Zopwx2 08-24-2006 03:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:

That's exactly what the "tomato experiment" was. Creating clones of the senators who founded Paradigm City so those clones will grow up with the memories of events that happened prior to forty years ago.

That's why R.D. went buckwild in Act 13. To get those memories from those "tomatoes" for Alex Rosewater.
Peace.

I don't think she was goign to get many memories by killing them.

Alex was a megalomaniac, and he wanted to kill all the other potential domini / people with memories who could challange his authority.
Nine Kuze 08-24-2006 03:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
quote:
quote:

Peace.

Alex was a megalomaniac, and he wanted to kill all the other potential domini / people with memories who could challange his authority.

Yeah, there was that instance with the people in Act 13. But I was also referring to some of the androids that were killed as well (for example, Roscoe Fitzgerald). I guess I probably should have made that more clear.

EDIT: Also (I forget what Act it was) but in the Hydra episode, Alex made a comment saying that if Roger's memories were too painful for him, he can always remove them for him for Alex's own benefit. That might mean something... or maybe he just wanted to straight out kill him because he was the biggest threat to Rosewater. Or something like that.

quote:
sorry for being ignorent to many of die-hard fans of the series.

quote:
Bashing n00bs is not my style, but Misato-san up there did get the explanation right... and it *is* kinda obvious

Cute. Tongue
Zopwx2 08-24-2006 03:25 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by minespatch

Peace.

Yeah, there was that instance with the people in Act 13. But I was also referring to some of the androids that were killed as well (for example, Roscoe Fitzgerald). I guess I probably should have made that more clear.

EDIT: Also (I forget what Act it was) but in the Hydra episode, Alex made a comment saying that if Roger's memories were too painful for him, he can always remove them for him for Alex's own benefit. That might mean something... or maybe he just wanted to straight out kill him because he was the biggest threat to Rosewater. Or something like that.

Alex wanted to be Dr. Awesome by himself, so he kept roger around to protect the city until he got his fau up and working. And that when he decided to take roger out.

He killed potential domini in act 13, killed and stole roscoes memories, the union killed robots to deny alex the core memory for fau, alex steals dorothy to fix fau, etc.

Basicly alex totally messed up his "fathers" work and decided he was the only one who was worthy.

Although gordon and the other dudes were trying to clone sh** into kids to ressurrect memories?
Nine Kuze 08-24-2006 03:30 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by minespatch

Peace.

Alex wanted to be Dr. Awesome by himself, so he kept roger around to protect the city until he got his fau up and working. And that when he decided to take roger out.

He killed potential domini in act 13, killed and stole roscoes memories, the union killed robots to deny alex the core memory for fau, alex steals dorothy to fix fau, etc.

Basicly alex totally messed up his "fathers" work and decided he was the only one who was worthy.

Although gordon and the other dudes were trying to clone sh** into kids to ressurrect memories?

I agree with the potential domini killings and the Union killing off other androids makes sense too.

Yeah, the tomato experiment is basically that last line, Zo-Pa.

In Act 13, Gordon told Roger (using of course, tomatoes as a metaphor) that if the continue and refine the process, eventually the copies will become the real thing. So meaning in time, the clones of the tomato experiments (like the kids that were capped off in Act 13) will eventually regain memories of what happened to the world prior to 40 years ago.

At least that's the theory that Gordon and his crew came up with. And it was working to... that is until R.D. and all.
ScionofDestiny 08-25-2006 02:12 PM
In Act 13, Gordon Rosewater said:

These tomatoes are synthetic - they aren't real. We made them with use of Memories of the sight, taste, and smell of tomatoes. Still, if we keep repeating the process, then eventually it'll become the real thing.

And we already know that Roger (among other characters) is a "tomato" because of the barcode that appears in his eyes.

The word "tomato" is an allegory for clone. The word clone itself doesn't appear once in the story of the Big O and Paradigm City. Just as the words "stage" and "actor" serve as an allegory for man-made (artificial) 'divine' predeterminism which guides Paradigm City.

I'm not sure what Gordon Rosewater means. Does he mean that clones will be the exact same people they were prior to forty years ago (aka, no Roger but one Roger), or is he exclusively referring to Memories being the real article and the clones they carry them being fakes? (aka, his memories are real, but Roger is just a synthetic Roger - not the real deal)
Zopwx2 08-25-2006 03:59 PM
So I'm not sure if the clones are exact copies, or they're just storage for memories, or part of some larger abstract goal to recreate (or just plain create) real people. Which I guess implies that they are pseudo-people...

But according to Roger it shouldn't matter that he is a clone or that no one knows wtf is going on, the past isn't going to dicate how he lives his life now.
minespatch 08-26-2006 08:59 PM
well, if they keep on mentioning the fact that there was a hollocaust in the last forty years. maybe gorden rosewater and the many scientists that worked along side him where in a bomb shelter when they created the clones?