Strange Big O Sightings -- not to be confused with Big FOOT!

Mattartist 08-23-2006 10:05 AM
Hello, ya'll! Mattartist here, with a probably very quick thread, but I had a question you guys should hear: in the opening of the second season, the one that had the jazzy "Respect" music, and said Negotiator, Android, Butler, Officer, and ? (for Angel), in the Big O cockpit viewer.
In two instances, there are, as far as I have reviewed, no place where:

-Dorothy SMASHES THROUGH A BRICK WALL! Where at all in the series does that happen?

-Norman shooting with his big gun from Act 9: Missing Cat, ONLY IN AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ANGLE -- and the animation style is clearly second season.

Just something to ask, I don't know if I can get pictures of them, but the second season videos are elsewheres on the web, probably... Big Grin

Well, until next time, be sure to put a bit extra sugar into your significant other's black coffee! BYE! Big Grin
Revan 08-23-2006 11:17 AM
Ah yes. I've noticed this too!

I've seen all the episodes etc and those scenes just don't happen (as far as I remember).
So perhaps they're just deleted scenes added to the opening sequence.

As for the opening videos you can download them from the multimedia section on this site. Cool
The Ghost of Ember 08-23-2006 11:36 AM
I believe there was also a scene in which they showed the Griffon driving besides a train, which doesn't occur in the show either. I always assumed they were just animated specifically for the intro.
Jonny Axehandle 08-23-2006 02:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mattartist
-Norman shooting with his big gun from Act 9: Missing Cat, ONLY IN AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ANGLE -- and the animation style is clearly second season.


Any chance it was from the episode with his infamous "Sons of bitches!!" line? I think that one is going to be on some time this week, so I can check.
The Ghost of Ember 08-23-2006 07:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
quote:
Originally posted by Mattartist
-Norman shooting with his big gun from Act 9: Missing Cat, ONLY IN AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ANGLE -- and the animation style is clearly second season.


Any chance it was from the episode with his infamous "Sons of bitches!!" line? I think that one is going to be on some time this week, so I can check.


I don't think he uses his Missing Cat gun in that. He goes from a prone machine gun to a military grade shotgun to dual pistols. Further he has his 'cleaning equipment' on him in the intro clip, which he never does in either Missing Cat or Twisted Memories.
Mattartist 08-24-2006 08:06 AM
Right, another one was of Roger and the Griffon! (smacks head) A third! I wonder, if these are deleted scenes, would they be on the DVDs of the show, like a deleted scenes reel or something? Big Grin Or am I just getting my hopes up?
Jonny Axehandle 08-24-2006 08:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mattartist
Right, another one was of Roger and the Griffon! (smacks head) A third! I wonder, if these are deleted scenes, would they be on the DVDs of the show, like a deleted scenes reel or something? Big Grin Or am I just getting my hopes up?


I've got the Big O II Volume 1 DVD. No deleted scenes. Frown