Yee-hoo! Hi there!

ArmageddonRose 08-22-2006 08:11 PM
Big Grin Yay! I finally found the Intro, err . . . category? Branch? Area? *shrug* What matters is I found it. My first post was in the front page . . . news, thing. That Paradigm's back? Yeah. My post there was a bit long. I tend to rant. It's part comment, part Bio by accident, but hopefully the Admin and Moderators here won't rough me up too bad. I was just, uh, overcome with emotion at knowing dear, sweet Paradigm City was back! (I actually was pretty happy) So . . . where to start? Hard to say. I love forums, but sometimes I just get fed up and take a long breather. I'll try and stick around. Just know kindness for the n00b is, well, welcome. I'm ArmageddonRose. Name's from a project I'm working on. (Personal, not school) But, really, you can call me Jon. Spelled just like that. I'm a teenager, no real shame in admitting it. 16, if anyone wants to know. Close to 17. Before you go and get some blasted mental image of me in your head, let me clarify. I am, by no means, "normal". My IQ, when last checked was waaay above average. Don't try bother asking what it was, because I really cannot remember. So, just for the record, don't go thinking I only watch the show. I understand all the references and concepts, and admire more things about it than I can count.

But, on that note, please do not regard me as some "ask-him-a-question-and-he'll-tell-the-future" smart guy. A forum did that once. I suck at math. Everything mathematical. I cannot remember any chemical compositions. To keep my interest, most movies and series I watch must possess an excess of explosions. I'll gladly boast my intelligence, but just to an extent that you know you can tell me something complicated and I won't go "huh?". I'm a Sci-Fi geek, not freakin' Stephen Hawking. Also, I have hit my head. Many times. I have known few people in my life who did not label me "freak", "creep", "weirdo", "crazy", "sick", or any other word to define disturbing abnormality, in the first day. I'm not crazy, though. Just weird. Heck, I take it as a compliment. I talk to myself alot, I laugh at over-the-top violence in graphic novels, I know more about medieval politics than modern politics, swords and fruit smoothies are two of my most favorite things on Earth . . . that sort of thing. Smart but not stuck-up, weird but not the bad kind, follow me so far? Tongue

Now, if you'd known me . . . I guess just over a year ago, you probably would have found me very dark and moody. I was in a bad high school and my mom was . . . well, still is (but I'm not there anymore) stressed about work, so the two combined put me in a pretty durn serious depression. Frown We are talking the full shtick. (Black wardrobe, missing meals, thoughts of death, and I carved a hexagram into the back of my left hand with a screwdriver.) Shocked Yeah. You can imagine how happy my Dad was with that. So, you know, the school year was drawing to a close, final tests were coming up, things were not looking good. For those of you who have been in a serious depression before, an Algebra teacher dogging you day and night, telling you you're going to fail his class, does not help. Lucky for me, Spring Break came up. Now, I live in Texas. Tiny town, upper parts. Place I was born. But my fave city on this planet? Houston, Texas. The place is like a . . . restorative fountain to me. It is as though I was designed to run off that city's energy grid. A day in Houston is more fun than an all-expense-paid Six Flags vacation to me. I sleep so deep and peacefully there, you would swear I was drugged with sedatives made for pachyderms. Guess where I wanted to spend Spring Break.

While there, me and my Dad had a good time. Saw an Astros ballgame, hung out with my Aunt and Uncle, etc. Now, long story short, my Dad talked with me while I was there. But not the generic, annoying, "sit-down-and-let's-chat" kind of talk. Just here and there, but only when I wanted to. He changed my whole outlook. Nothing lame, no tricks. Just sound advice, some motivational stuff, and promises of better days ahead. Everything changed. I went out and bought new clothes as soon as I got back. (At the time I was living in South Carolina) Greens, tan cargo pants, white dress shirts, blue Dockers . . . whole new wardrobe. I left that high school, and am currently enrolled in an online high school. I plan to learn as many martial arts as I can, I am trying to improve my art skills, I plan to learn guitar soon, and I have an original three-novel Sci-Fi/Fantasy series that I should start writing this fall/winter. So . . . in other words, I'm a happier guy now. Much happier. My bout with depression has left me with a somewhat volatile temper, but I'm learning to control that. Sweatdrop What else is there to say?

My name's Jon. I'm a sci-fi geek who will be writing a novel trilogy soon. I'm weird but not crazy. I'm happy but not overly-so. I love anime and manga. I hope to meet you all and I think we will get along just purr-fect! Pleased < Note the cat! Oh, and I have long hair. Not sure why I'm telling you that, but I thought it might help with the right mental image. Long hair. All . . . medieval warrior-like.

Chow.

EDIT: Thought about it, and it seems like I should list my top five anime's, seeing as I mentioned them before.

#1. FLCL (Furi Kuri, Fooly Cooly)
#2. Outlaw Star
#3. Burst Angel (Bakuretsu Tenshi)
#4. The Big O (Seasons 1 & 2)
#5. Hellsing OVA (Volume 1 due out this December)

EDIT 2: There was an apostrophe in "seasons"! How the heck did that get there? Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Asirt 08-22-2006 09:19 PM
Allow me to welcome you to Paradigm City Forums, ArmageddonRose! I hope your stay will be a good one indeed.

Be sure to check out the many topics available, but try to have fun here most of all. Ask any questions to the forum staff or the members, and they'll be able to help you out.

I welcome you again, and I hope you have a good time. Smile
R.Smith 08-22-2006 10:14 PM
Welcome ArmageddonRose! Big Grin I hope you have a pleasant stay here at Paradigm-City.com Pleased

Please check out the Orientation thread for a quick guide of what's here to see, and the Visual Rule Guide. And stop on by the Forum Rules to get an idea of what's ok, and what's not.

Also, if you have a question, feel free to pm me.Big Grin
David Ryder 08-22-2006 10:40 PM
Welcome aboard. Oh and Outlaw star is damn good. Glad to have another OS fan on here.
ArmageddonRose 08-22-2006 10:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Welcome aboard. Oh and Outlaw star is damn good. Glad to have another OS fan on here.

Cool Loud and clear, good buddy. "It was you who broke my mason plate."
Generalissimo D 08-22-2006 10:50 PM
TL, DR

Hi, anyway. Enjoy your stay, don't feed the trolls, leave your sanity at the door, etc.

Edit:You...go to houston?

Great...
ArmageddonRose 08-22-2006 10:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
TL, DR

Hi, anyway. Enjoy your stay, don't feed the trolls, leave your sanity at the door, etc.

Edit:You...go to houston?

Great...

I like it here already, I fed a hobo to that troll on 3rd St., I left my sanity on the hardwood floor beneath my bunk-bed when I was six, and what about Houston?? Confused
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-23-2006 05:15 AM
Will you be my freind? ^u^ Seriously. You sound like the kind of person I could have long, meaningless conversations with on random topics.

HI!! I'm Chitter-Box-Kat (real name is confidential). I'm a resident freindly psychopath, and I have never seen such a long intro before. O_O Good job! Thumbs Up I hope you have fun on the forums and find lots of threads to play on! Oh, and congrats on finding happiness! Hope it lasts forever. Wink
ArmageddonRose 08-23-2006 04:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
Will you be my freind? ^u^ Seriously. You sound like the kind of person I could have long, meaningless conversations with on random topics.

HI!! I'm Chitter-Box-Kat (real name is confidential). I'm a resident freindly psychopath, and I have never seen such a long intro before. O_O Good job! Thumbs Up I hope you have fun on the forums and find lots of threads to play on! Oh, and congrats on finding happiness! Hope it lasts forever. Wink

Mwee-hee-hee! Big Grin Heck, yes! Long, meaningless conversations? No idea what you're talking about. (Dad calls across room) "You talked for, like, five hours straight yesterday!" (Jon falls off chair) Hey! Grrr . . . fine. Maybe I do know what you're talking about. Sweatdrop Resident friendly psychopath, eh? Guess that makes us two. Honestly, I'm glad to see so many guys and girls on this forum. Few forums I've gone through seemed to just have hundreds and hundreds of guys. Shocked No weird one's, either, just anime forums. Creepy after awhile. *cough* Too much . . . *wheeze* masculinity! Dead Heh-heh-heh. Uhm . . . yeah. Well, I hope to see you around, and thanks for the perky intro! Mine was pretty long, but like I said, ranting is natural to me. Rant, rant, rant, rant, rant. Chow!
088nd 08-23-2006 11:38 PM
Nice you're here.

I'm sorry you're an Astros fan though Frown

P.S. Go Rangers.
ArmageddonRose 08-24-2006 09:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd
Nice you're here.

I'm sorry you're an Astros fan though Frown

P.S. Go Rangers.

Big Grin lol. np. I just like them because of Houston. I don't know or care who they lose or win to. Couldn't tell you a score to save my life. Thanks for the comment! Tongue