Devil May Cry (2008?)

paul1290 08-21-2006 08:11 PM
Not much news right now, but I was able to find the following on IGN and Wikipedia:

-Gaga Communications has signed a deal Capcom to make a Devil May Cry movie.
-It will be based on the first Devil May Cry game.
-They were given a budget of 40 million dollars.
-There is a possible 2008 release date.

Keep in mind this might not be 100% accurate or up to date. If you guys find a more up to date source of information on this movie then feel free to post a link.

Hopefully this will be better than those awful Resident Evil movies.
Travis Bickle 08-21-2006 08:30 PM
$40 million is a good budget for a Japanese movie. Hopefully they use it well.

Though, being a big DMC fan, I have to say that the story kind of sucks. It's the gameplay that makes the game so great.
Generalissimo D 08-21-2006 08:41 PM
Is this an American production?
seraphjei 08-21-2006 09:45 PM
The source was imdb I assume? imdb is so unreliable.
Travis Bickle 08-21-2006 11:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
The source was imdb I assume? imdb is so unreliable.

quote:
but I was able to find the following on IGN and Wikipedia
David Ryder 08-22-2006 12:15 AM
I remember hearing that it is a Japanese movie, however much like the games they are going to use American or Canadian actors or something to that extent. And like TB said, most people don't really pay attention to the story in the Devil May Cry series, although the game play isn't much better.
Travis Bickle 08-22-2006 12:27 AM
The thing about the Devil May Cry story is that it's so cheesy that you can't really take it seriously. It runs so fast, everything takes place so quickly, and the most random scripted events happen. Especially in 2.

I like how they tried to make it dark and serious (kind of sort of) in 3 and make the story important, but it really didn't work.

The gameplay, however, has yet to be unmatched, in my opinion. I got into DMC after I played God of War and I think that DMC is a million times better. The whole "switch back and forth from a giant f***ing sword to twin pistols with infinite ammo in a split second and kill everything on screen" thing has yet to be topped. Anyone who disagrees is wrong and a communist.