Your opinion on Hellsing?

paul1290 08-21-2006 07:33 PM
I've been hearing a lot about Hellsing from my friends lately so I ordered all 13 episodes from www.mediacavern.com. Unfortunately, the order is going to be a week or so late because they just told me that they they temporarily ran out and they need about a week to re-stock.

So in the meantime, just how good is the anime what do you like/dislike about it?

I'm probably also going to get the OVA later on. It would be nice if you guys could tell me where I can get the OVA for a good price.
David Ryder 08-21-2006 08:06 PM
Hellsing is a fun little show. It's worth a watch.
Travis Bickle 08-21-2006 08:15 PM
I was going to buy Dirge of Cerebrus: Final Fantasy 7 for $50 at Best Buy this past tuesday, but when I saw that the entire Hellsing series was on sale for $40, I bought that instead. It's really a good series. Not amazing or anything, but really good.
Nine Kuze 08-22-2006 12:55 PM
The Hellsing is an alright series. It drops off in the end though but overall, its not too bad by any means. It violent, gory, has some good animation, and great characters (expect for ONE villain, but you'll find that out later).

I'm waiting for the OVA since its based off the manga, and I recommend the manga, cause it kicks ass.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 08-22-2006 01:31 PM
Every episode from the introduction of the child vampire onwards were never made, nor did I watch them. And the ones with incognito especially don't exist. If you just keep telling yourself this, it makes the series even better

The mangas good and the OVA seems to be doing it alot better than the initial series.
Nine Kuze 08-22-2006 02:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpie
Every episode from the introduction of the child vampire onwards were never made, nor did I watch them. And the ones with incognito especially don't exist. If you just keep telling yourself this, it makes the series even better

The mangas good and the OVA seems to be doing it alot better than the initial series.

This is somewhat true because I don't remember a damn thing about the last couple of episodes. I remember Alucard fighting and Seras with her gun, shooting zombies, and I think London was on fire for some apprent reason. Yeah, I'll just stick to the manga and OVA.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 08-22-2006 07:03 PM
Hellsing wins simply because of how Anderson goes.

I'm not even gonna spoil it. It's that good.
Arei 08-22-2006 10:06 PM
If you watch the anime first, you'll love it. Then when you read the manga you will cry because you wasted your time watching the anime.

Its crap compared to the manga... A low-budget and lack of story (Hellsing was just barely 2 volumes when this was made and they had to remove alot of manga cliffhangers and foreshadowing because they couldnt fit it in) They also changed some elements of the story and the filler people were just... random xD

The manga is pure pwnage and the OVA is to die for (cant wait to see the 2nd one!!!) Its my favorite series *_*

The OVA is going to animate the ENTIRE Hellsing manga series (its getting close to the finale, but its still going to be like another year and a half before the manga is completed) and its prequal The Dawn (which is still coming out with chapters randomly).

I wont say anything about the story except its totally awsome and random xD All of the things Hirano combined in there are very unexpected XD
ArmageddonRose 08-22-2006 10:44 PM
Shocked Hellsing, you say? Evil Mwahahahahahaaa! Big Grin It is a series I've known about for quite awhile, but I only became a solid fan this summer. You ordered the Hellsing anime? Sweatdrop Geez, I feel sorry for you. Like Arei said, it's total crap compared to the manga. An animated adaptation where uniform colors are wrong, the story progresses slow, and the plot is changed because they were afraid people would freak out if they saw Nazi's on TV? *cough* History Channel. *cough* Discovery Channel. *cough* Military Channel. Pleased If you have any money left from that order, buy the manga. The OVA due out this December is a direct copy of the manga. Blood, the plot, everything. Get that too. My opinion on Hellsing? Love it. Love it to death. (Pun intended) My opinion on the Hellsing anime? Poo. Not Puu from Yu Yu Hakusho. Poo. Like, from a butt. Tongue
Generalissimo D 08-22-2006 10:44 PM
The manga is vastly superior, yes.

Humans have always been the ones to kill monsters.
Arei 08-22-2006 11:42 PM
They didnt include the Nazis because I think the anime was done before the 2nd volume's chapters had all been realised.

Ah yeah, when the Hellsing anime began production, volume 2 was near completion though in the very early planning stages, I beleive it was still back at the Valentine Brothers part. They had a tiny budget and only planned 12 episodes. They made all the episodes very quickly and very poorly.

SPOILERS!

The anime for the most part follows volume one of the manga, especially the first 3 episode. Yeah there are some changes and mistakes but the story is basically the same. After the Valentine bros episodes, it really deviates from the manga. They have the funeral and then skip right to the part where Integra and Maxwell meet at the art gallery. Now in the manga the Wild Geese are introduced right before this.

Also Integra and Maxwell's conversation/meeting was different in the anime... and if im remembering this right (its been over a year since ive watched the anime) they didnt have the little sit-down where Maxwell taunts Integra with the information she wants, which he says he knows that Nazis are behind these fake vampires. Totally different thing in the anime (also Doc and the Major are listening to this conversation)

Basically they decided to butcher the story so they could have an anime Frown

Well i'm glad they did, cuz we're getting an OVA because of it Tongue Being done by Satelight (which is the epitome of anime awsomeness)... Gonzo can blow up, they ruin almost all of the anime they adapt @_@