alan gabriel action figure... where to find?

minespatch 08-21-2006 07:03 PM
i would like to know if theres a alan gabriel action figure somewhere out there.
Tickle Tickle 08-21-2006 07:08 PM
There isn't.

Or if there is one, it's not offically made.
minespatch 08-21-2006 07:54 PM
ah man! why can't they make one?!

sorry for my yelling, umino.
Jixie 08-21-2006 10:45 PM
For a series made to promote a toy line, there are woefully few Big O figures available...

My brother is more into the figures/models, but from what I can tell, it's pretty much the Big O and Big Duo, which include smaller figures of Roger, Angel, and Dorothy (but strangely, no Schwarzwald). The robots are very nice but the people are so-so. There are mini-figures Of Big O, Duo, Roger, Dorothy, and Schwarzwald. These are kinda cute and also so-so (also kinda breakable, but, I mean-- I didn't break O's arm I sweeeear....). Nothing for Dastun, Rosewater, or any of the second season villians.

Unofficially, there are some pretty sweet Dorothy model kits that you used to be able to get, fan models of Big Fau, Roger, and modified official figures (see the silly Big O pics thread). All pretty much impossible to find ever. I've never seen anything for the minor or second season characters.

Fan made models are pretty popular in Japan so I supposed you could make and Alan figure, but now that I'm thinking about it... it would probably only compound the problem of an already unhealthy habit. Hmmmm.

~J
minespatch 08-21-2006 10:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jixie
For a series made to promote a toy line, there are woefully few Big O figures available...

My brother is more into the figures/models, but from what I can tell, it's pretty much the Big O and Big Duo, which include smaller figures of Roger, Angel, and Dorothy (but strangely, no Schwarzwald). The robots are very nice but the people are so-so. There are mini-figures Of Big O, Duo, Roger, Dorothy, and Schwarzwald. These are kinda cute and also so-so (also kinda breakable, but, I mean-- I didn't break O's arm I sweeeear....). Nothing for Dastun, Rosewater, or any of the second season villians.

Unofficially, there are some pretty sweet Dorothy model kits that you used to be able to get, fan models of Big Fau, Roger, and modified official figures (see the silly Big O pics thread). All pretty much impossible to find ever. I've never seen anything for the minor or second season characters.

Fan made models are pretty popular in Japan so I supposed you could make and Alan figure, but now that I'm thinking about it... it would probably only compound the problem of an already unhealthy habit. Hmmmm.

~J

thanks and oh well...
The Ghost of Ember 08-21-2006 11:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jixie(also kinda breakable, but, I mean-- I didn't break O's arm I sweeeear....)

It was you?! Man, I blamed our little bother. I guess the fifty lashes were uncalled for then. Oh well.
Shadow dorothy 08-22-2006 06:15 PM
I think you can get an Alan Gabreial plushie on a Japanese website. I'm getting a Dorothy plushie and I've seen some Roger Norman and Alex ones. So way not an Alan plushie.
minespatch 08-22-2006 06:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy
I think you can get an Alan Gabreial plushie on a Japanese website. I'm getting a Dorothy plushie and I've seen some Roger Norman and Alex ones. So way not an Alan plushie.

do you have a link?
Shadow dorothy 08-23-2006 05:40 PM
yes, for the Dorothy plushie.
http://www.setsunakou.com/ufo/bigo.html

As for Alan I'm not sure.
minespatch 08-23-2006 08:29 PM
quote:
yes, for the Dorothy plushie.
http://www.setsunakou.com/ufo/bigo.html

As for Alan I'm not sure.

well, thanks.
SEELE 08 08-23-2006 08:51 PM
Damn I want a Dorothy plushie but I'm not shelling out that much cash for one.
Shadow dorothy 08-23-2006 08:58 PM
Remeber that there hand made and stright from Japan so there gonna be out the but. My mom got it for my christmas.
Arei 08-23-2006 09:12 PM
I want that plushie Shocked

Check cons. At every single con there is usualy a booth or an area where people display custom made figures/statues and/or where they are selling them (unless they are mass-produced, they're EXPENSIVE $$$). Alot of time individual makers will make a few figures and sell them or sometimes take custom orders. I personally dont know anyone but I did see people who were selling their custom figures at A-Kon... Just keep in mind it will be super expensive, it would probably be easier/cheaper to learn how to make them yourself xD (just way more time consuming)

I'd diiiiieee to have a bigger Schwarzwald figure Shocked A 10 inch... That would make my otaku life xD... that would probably very expensive to custom order...

Ok... I just got inspired to cosplay Schwarzwald next year Shocked

I ordered Set B of the Big O Mini Figures Monday... And amazingly (even though I picked regular shipping) they came today O_o They're cute....
minespatch 08-23-2006 09:24 PM
do you think if we keep on watching the series, they'll finaly make that alan gabriel action figure?
Arei 08-23-2006 11:01 PM
Possibly. If we made enough noise and got noticed xD
minespatch 08-24-2006 12:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Arei
Possibly. If we made enough noise and got noticed xD

Pleased oh yeah...
Shadow dorothy 08-24-2006 08:00 PM
They used to have a 7'1/2" Schwarlzwald figure.
minespatch 08-24-2006 08:03 PM
quote:
They used to have a 7'1/2" Schwarlzwald figure.

oh... really? oh wait, yes, now i know.
Lexx 08-24-2006 10:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by minespatch
i would like to know if theres a alan gabriel action figure somewhere out there.

that would the koolest thing ever!!! hopefully someone will come up with something eventully. but still that would so freakin awesome!
minespatch 08-24-2006 11:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by .x.lexxi.x.
quote:
Originally posted by minespatch

that would the koolest thing ever!!! hopefully someone will come up with something eventully. but still that would so freakin awesome!

excatly, since i have a few villains action figures at home: general grievous & davvy jones. thought he would be a perfect addition to my favorite villains collection.