Rainbow Six

paul1290 08-18-2006 05:11 PM
Tango down!!! Big Grin

Just wondering, are there any Rainbow Six fans around here?

I currently have:
-Rainbow Six
-Rainbow Six: Eagle Watch (most difficult game in the series in my opinion)
-Rogue Spear (my personal favorite)
-Rogue Spear: Urban Operations
-Rogue Spear: Black Thorn
-Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (my current online game of choice)

I'm planning to get:
-Rainbow Six 3: Athena Sword
088nd 08-18-2006 05:42 PM
I had RS3 for PS2. It was so bad. I bet PC versions were better though.
Mike 08-18-2006 08:36 PM
I had the original one from like 10 years ago and it was awesome. And hard. Really hard. Damn tangos always killing hostages or swarming on me when I made too much noise. That and those two damned espionage missions made me want to sacrifice a small lamb just to be able to beat them.
Sharpshooter005 08-19-2006 02:20 AM
Rainbow Six: Loved it, but did the biohazard armor really MATTER? It offered no protection, and I'm almost certain I remember you could go through the mission in the germ lab thing without using it, and nothing would happen (in urban operations they fixed this, the remade level included light, medium, and heavy versions of it)

Rogue Spear: Also loved it, breaking the display cases in the natural history museum was waayyyy too amusing to me though.

Urban Operations: The mission in the bombed out city sucked, because the terrorists all had G3 rifles and immaculate aim. If you even looked at open space, you'd die

Raven Shield didn't run so well on my computer due to an unoptimized version of the engine it used, and probably my computer not being perfect..then I saw lockdown. And seriously what the hell, why does RAINBOW now consist of people with cornrows wearing glorified safety goggles? Thats not what this series is, or ever was supposed to be.

I initially kind of hoped R6: Vegas (the new one) would return more to the roots of the series...apparently theres going to be some quasi-HALO like system though where if you stay out of harms way your health sort of stabilizes. I get that the game was insanely frustrating, even to me and I'd play it CONSTANTLY, but in a way that was part of its charm.

quote:
those two damned espionage missions made me want to sacrifice a small lamb just to be able to beat them.

I cheated past the stealth missions. The jump from hostage rescue and bomb disposal to a forced stealth mission was horrible. The engine wasn't really built for that sort of thing even...if you weren't positioned perfectly behind something, if one centimeter of your operative was remotely visible, game over. You had silenced weapons, and guards which didn't really patrol..yet if you killed the wrong one, in complete silence, with nobody around to see him die or find the corpse...the alarm goes off and its game over.

I mean...I admittedly used cheats alot in that, sometimes for comedy purposes (I once put on god mode, and crouched behind a guy in the 'surrender' pose just to see how long it would take the squad of his fellow tangos all firing at me to take him out. It was longer than I expected, I remember my guy showed up as having bullet holes all over him, but the bullets would somehow miss or just not effect the guy sitting directly infront of them until he eventually keeled over)