Act 14: Roger the Wanderer

snakemarcato13 08-16-2006 01:01 AM
Okay, I just got done watching this episode and...well...it confuses me all to hell. Exactly what does it mean?
Jstar136 08-16-2006 01:04 AM
Yes.

Well, I'm not sure myself. I believe it was a look into Roger's anxiety over how true his memories are. In the end, he realized it doesn't matter as long as he continues to play his role. Not to mention this sets up a new character and reveals that many people know about his ability to pilot.
snakemarcato13 08-16-2006 01:11 AM
I saw it and went "WTF?!?!? Now I have to see 13 because I don't remember what's going on!" I thought it had something to do with how things used to be and then got really confused and forgot all thoughts pertaining to it, so I thought I'd ask around here.
Inigo Montoya 08-16-2006 06:24 PM
This is the one with the hallucinations, yes?

Hmm... I had many thoughts on this in the past. It could simply be conflicting ideas and emotions combined with Roger's new anxiety's over his past and origin fianlly coming together in one big psychological explosion, but that may be just me.
Zopwx2 08-16-2006 07:03 PM
On one level he was just uber-stressed and confused and passed out from blood loss in the cockpit and hallucinated/dreamed the whole episode.

And from then on any interpretation is your own. Is that world the real world? Is it a giant metaphor for roger mind? is it a parallel dimension? who knows.
Mr. Peabody 08-16-2006 07:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by snakemarcato13
Okay, I just got done watching this episode and...well...it confuses me all to hell. Exactly what does it mean?

Roger getting the chance to see New York before it became Paradigm City, along with affirming who he is would be my guess.
snakemarcato13 08-16-2006 09:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
On one level he was just uber-stressed and confused and passed out from blood loss in the cockpit and hallucinated/dreamed the whole episode.

That was another one of my thoughts, but still I was confused...I figure that maybe episode 13 might help a little, but then again, maybe not. I feel like it's been forever since Big-O was on.

Then there was the comic in the newspaper...What was that all about? The stage that we all learn about in the end was based off of a comic made for a paper in New York? I'm about as confused as SEL
Zopwx2 08-16-2006 09:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by snakemarcato13
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2

That was another one of my thoughts, but still I was confused...I figure that maybe episode 13 might help a little, but then again, maybe not. I feel like it's been forever since Big-O was on.

Then there was the comic in the newspaper...What was that all about? The stage that we all learn about in the end was based off of a comic made for a paper in New York? I'm about as confused as SEL

There are pictures of the comic somewhere, but I don't think thats the conclusion you should jump to.
paradoxx 08-17-2006 03:33 AM
It is the season 2 opener, and remember that several years had actually passed since season 1 ended. Big O is notoriously brilliant for involving the viewers interaction with the show.

Roger asks "Where are you taking me" as they pass down the endless tunnel.

Angel replies "To where you used to come from."

This interaction is the key, it is Roger realizing that he can't give up, he can't give in. And at the end of the show, he anchors himself to the port and his arrowhead anchors bulldoze through the three intruders. Season 2 has begun.
snakemarcato13 08-17-2006 10:26 AM
That does make sense in hindsight.
Don Watermeleon 08-19-2006 09:41 AM
When I saw this episode, it reminded me so much of Evangelion episode 26. And that really wasn't a good thing.

Well, most of the episode takes place in Roger's mind, just like Shinji. He's having a bad trip through most of it, and then sometime near the end, there comes the resolve so Roger can finally pilot the Eva-I mean Big O again.