ALL ANIME on AS tonight! (8/5/06)

Schoolie 08-05-2006 11:54 AM
Just a heads-up to show support for anime on Adult Swim.

Tonight's the Burger King "Have it Your Way" competition winner's schedule, and hooray that he's/she's an anime fan.

Up for tonight starting at 11:00 Eastern:

All SIX FLCL episodes (corrected!)
Two Cowboy Bebop
Two Trigun
Two Paranoia Agent
One FullMetal Alchemist
One Samurai Champloo

All we need is some Big O. Oh well . . .
Nine Kuze 08-05-2006 01:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
Just a heads-up to show support for anime on Adult Swim.

Tonight's the Burger King "Have it Your Way" competition winner's schedule, and hooray that he's/she's an anime fan.

Up for tonight starting at 11:00 Eastern:

All Five Six FLCL episodes
Two Cowboy Bebop
Two Trigun
Two Paranoia Agent
One FullMetal Alchemist
One Samurai Champloo

All we need is some Big O. Oh well . . .

Yeah, the guy who won is named "Ed" (apparently) and yes, its a damn good thing that he's an anime fan.

I almost freaked out seeing that all the episodes to FLCL will be playing tonight. So, I'll be coppin' that with the VCR. Big Grin Alas, I would have liked to have seen Ghost in the Shell and Big O myself, I can hardly complain.

And the episode's dude picked are pretty damn good. The last two (and the best of) episodes of Bebop, the episodes in Trigun with Rem, Vash and Knives as kids, and last episode, and the third FMA episode "Mother".

Yup, tonight's a good night to be an anime fan.
Peace.
David Ryder 08-05-2006 06:30 PM
ah nice. Surprised AS actually choose an anime fan to win.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-05-2006 06:32 PM
FLCL!! FLCL!! FLCL!! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!! XDDDD
Deus Redux 08-05-2006 06:58 PM
Yaay! That guy did pick some pretty sweet episodes!

I'll definately be watching Adult Swim tonight. :3
Schoolie 08-05-2006 08:25 PM
Wow. Fourteen half-hour episodes; seven hours.

What would YOU do if you could "Have it your way" and choose from AS's library?

Lemme see . . .

Big O
#1 & 2 (Roger the Negotiator; Dorothy, Dorothy)

#9 (Beck Comes Back)

Trigun
#5 - Hard Puncher (Vash finally shoots his gun in a showdown with the Nebraska Family)

#9 - Murder Machine (Wolfwood's first appearance)

#26 - Under the Sky So Blue (Vash vs. Knives; nuff said)

FLCL
#3 - Marquis de Carabus (With Ninamori, the class president and the class play)

Cowboy Bebop
#2 - Stray Dog Strut (Ein!)

#5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels (Spike vs. Vicious, round 1)

#17 - Mushroom Samba

#18 - Speak Like a Child (Spike and Jet go on a hunt for a VCR player for Faye's video package from the past - heartbreaking end!)

#22 - Cowboy Funk (Spike competes with a cowboy to stop the Teddy Bomber)

Evangelion
#24 - The Beginning and the End (vs. Kaworu, the "fifth" child)

Samurai Champloo
#18 - War of the Words (Graffiti! And Mugen learns how to read)

Dang, those 7 hours got filled up fast.

I would have loved to add another 3-5 episodes of Big O, a couple more Bebop, Trigun, Champloo; and I didn't even get to pick out any InuYasha - I know there's one or two good ones - like vs. Sesshomaru or one with Miroku's ladies man moves.

Plus, I'd like to have fit a Space Ghost Coast to Coast in there, or maybe the Sealab 2021 episode when Captain Murphy starts his own radio station/show. But anime must come first!
Sharpshooter005 08-05-2006 09:09 PM
quote:
What would YOU do if you could "Have it your way" and choose from AS's library

Pretty much this, I remember the first time they did this, thinking the alotted time was just right to air the entirety of FLCL

Now? Now it'd be all 7 episodes of 12 ounce mouse, aired repeatedly for seven straight hours, with the bumper messages being nothing but a series of taunts and jabs at the countless number of people who I'm sure would be royally pissed off by this.

Actually no no...it would initially look like space ghost was airing, then cut away mid-scene to 12 ounce mouse. Like that thing they did with 'stripes' except in reverse and magnified by a hundred.

edit: If I had a DVR it'd be nice, I'd be able to have the first two episodes then in addition to 3-6 on dvd.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-05-2006 09:16 PM
Seven hours... F*ck it, I'd marathon FLCL off the bat. Big Grin

Four hours left...

Jamming With Edward from Cowbpy Bebop. The episode of Inuyasha when we first see Rin.

Three hours left...

The first episode of Trigun. Missing Cat from Big O.

Two hours left...

Kakurenbo: Hide And Seek.

One hour left...

And I'd top it all off with the first two episodes of Samurai Champloo.

That's what I'd get together if I had seven hours.
Raven 08-06-2006 01:56 AM
With lots of FLCL on tonight, that just meant lots of less Adult Swim watching for me tonight.
Schoolie 08-07-2006 10:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
With lots of FLCL on tonight, that just meant lots of less Adult Swim watching for me tonight.

Wow. No love for the Cooly. Howcum?

(It's not my favorite show, either, but I like part of it. And it's definitely different than a lot of shows.)
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-07-2006 02:21 PM
Someone no likey FLCL? Why? It's funny and cool and really crazy. What's not to like?
Raven 08-07-2006 02:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
Someone no likey FLCL? Why? It's funny and cool and really crazy. What's not to like?

I just think it's dumb. I've tried several times to watch it, but I couldn't bring myself to enjoy that show. Same thing goes with Paranoia Agent, though the opening is sweet.