Rate a Quote

Sara Comatori 08-03-2006 03:10 PM
I saw that there was no thread like this so I decided to add one.

Here's tha way it works.

1. You rate the quote of the person above. When rating you must put a quote in the post. The quote can be form a
movie/Anime/game/manga/book/etc or one of your own quotes.
2. Please but the name or Gender its from.
3. Enjoy and give good quotes.

"Why live life jumping from little pleasures to help yourself when you can spend most of your life in sorrow working at one great pleasure that will help you forever?"
-Creator, S.A.R.A
Diverse Considerations 08-05-2006 03:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sara Comatori
"Why live life jumping from little pleasures to help yourself when you can spend most of your life in sorrow working at one great pleasure that will help you forever?"
-Creator, S.A.R.A

7, for assuming that the little pleasures in life aren't worthwhile and that anything will last forever.

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: 'Have ya paid your dues, Jack?' 'Yessir, the check is in the mail.'"

-Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China
Sara Comatori 08-05-2006 06:57 PM
Interesting, 8/10
pen1300 08-05-2006 07:05 PM
"I did this reading at the Library of Congress once. It was a great honor. Next day I was ironing, and I said, 'What is this great poet doing ironing?' The kids laughed, and said, 'Are you crazy?' and I came back down to earth."

~Lucille Clifton, well-grounded writer.
Quote from Todays "Wild Words from Wild Women" quote a day calendar.

Later,
Pen1300
Inigo Montoya 09-09-2006 09:35 AM
Interesting, intriguing, and it made me laugh. You get a 9.

"Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil."
-- Friedrich Nietzche, Beyond Good and Evil
Dominus of Requiem 09-09-2006 01:19 PM
"Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil."
nice deep meaning in that 1 i give it a 9

"those who want inmortality, and power must past the judgement trial
*shun away all of your humanity and fill your soul with shadows
only the can you rise from the backs of the dead..

--Book of the dead-- chapter 2
Frost 09-09-2006 02:50 PM
Eh, 4/10. Kinda dry and cliche. I'm curious, though, where does that quote come from? Certainly not the egyptian Book of the Dead.

"The essence of independence has been to think and act according to standards from within, not without. Inevitably anyone with an independent mind must become "one who resists or opposes authority or established conventions": a rebel. If enough people come to agree with, and follow, the Rebel, we now have a Devil. Until, of course, still more people agree. And then, finally, we have --- Greatness."
--Aleister Crowley
Nazrael 09-09-2006 02:57 PM
8/10

"If we knew what we are, we should do as Sir Arthur Jermyn did; and Arthur Jermyn soaked himself in oil and set fire to his clothing one night."

-H.P.Lovecraft
FlashBoy 10-23-2006 10:12 PM
Fasanating...10/10

"I have brought you to the seat of sweet music's thorne..."
- The Phantom, 1986 Andrew Lloyd Webber.