[Pre-Fanfiction?] What's your opinion on a fanfic about ... (I'd love to hear feedback on the idea)

Mrs. Beck 08-02-2006 01:56 PM
Ok, so, I've been debating over whether or not to write a future-Big O fanfic or not, since people are ussually so blipping against them. In any series, acctually. But since I've got a pretty darned solid character that I'd love to write some stuff to post on PCF for, I'm willing to face the judgement of fellow forum-goers. Yippee.

First of all, some of you may know about my character Raven Valentine ... well, she's in it. How, you ask? As the mother of the leading male in the fic, and Beck's wife. This is also something that some people are horribly against, aka the marriage of a character in a series and a made-up one. But the thing is, I've carefully engineered the relationship those two have, and the way that they raise and treat the main character I keep bringing up ... Jason Beck II. If you just felt the urge to throw really heavy objects at my face, I'm really not that surprised.

Now, on with my rough explanation. In case you're wondering, yes, I'm including the classic RogerxDorothy pairing. Seeing as Dorothy's an android, it's pretty much impossible for them to have children ... however, I'm debating over the idea of sticking in an adopted child for them. Depending on which gender the kid is, the plot will be altered slightly. See, I acctually have a fairly serious plot in mind - but I've gotta say, depending on whether or not Roger and Dorothy have a child, it may have to be modified a bit.

Here's a rough overview:

It takes place when Jason is 16 (So, pretty much, all the original characters are 16 years older. That's right, so sue me - but that doesn't really make them all THAT old if you think about it ... ), but I'm going to keep the firm, cold edge of Paradigm throughout the fic. Y'see, it all starts when he begins to get memories, really bizzarre ones, that include some boy he doesn't know anything about that's about his age and a mysterious megadeus. Take a guess at what begins to happen; they get so intense, that finally, he stumbles upon the gargantuan metal beast through a series of odd events one day, and finds out that he's it's dominus ...

Well, I won't reveal anymore of it at the moment, but it will include all of the mentioned characters plus a few more. As I mentioned before, I'm going to try to retain the same edge that Big O had, so this isn't going to be all soft and cutesy, though I will be sticking in some laugh lines (Well of course, look who the main character is)! And Roger will play a part as well, seeing as he IS the series' main character.

Now then, I'd LOVE to hear any suggestions, comments, critiques, or ideas!!! PLEEEEEEASE! *pleads on hands and knees*
stryker 08-02-2006 06:27 PM
Eh?? Do what I do (when I'm conscious anyway). Just do it! Pleased

Let the naysayers write their own fics or say nay or whatever.
Generalissimo D 08-02-2006 07:17 PM
Do what thou will.

Also, have you seen or heard Collateral lately?
Mrs. Beck 08-05-2006 10:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
Also, have you seen or heard Collateral lately?

No, I haven't. Frown Dang, so that means you haven't either?! I'm really starting to worry ...
Gummibear 08-18-2006 09:55 AM
It's your vision, so do what you want with it. The idea seems pretty solid and I think it's perfectally valid to include whichever new character you want in the fan-fiction. Since it is a fanfiction with Jason Beck as long as you keep it lighthearted & well paced it should read great! ^.^