Truth thoery.

Shadow dorothy 08-01-2006 08:10 PM
Ok my theory is about the two people who hate each other the most,
Alan and Dorothy.
I was thinking about the show and it came to me- Both Dorothy and Alan have a ribbon over their eyes.
Dorothy has a ribbon over her eyes in ep.1 but also in ep13(when we first she Alan) and Alans always wearing one.
The reason I bring this up is that both of them where at some piont humans, right. There was a human Dorothy and Alan turned himself into a cyborg andboth don't seem conserned with memories.
I think the ribbon means someone who sees the truth and Diverts there eyes from it like Schwalz Walt(that is how you spell his name appently) said not to. So maybe they both now the truth and decide to handle it differently.
Hobodoken 08-01-2006 08:13 PM
... ?

Alan doesn't wear a ribbon over his eyes. They're just shadowed by his spiffy fedora, or, on one occasion, his hair.

Also: Schwarzwald.
Generalissimo D 08-01-2006 08:13 PM
It wouldn't kill you to run your posts through Word. or Jarte, if you're poor like me.

Alan wears no ribbon. That's part of his face.
Shadow dorothy 08-01-2006 11:37 PM
No it's not his face or shadow, Dorothy knocks Alan over and his hat came off and his hair was not in his face.
And think about the 2 hate each other yet they do the same eye ribbon thing. If you want I'll get a little proff to show you the eye ribbon.
Dangerous 08-02-2006 05:18 AM
there are a lot of hidden allusions to History, and especially religion in this anime. I don't want to enounciate them, it is a big job. Indeed there could be a link between those ribbons and hiding the truth. ... I don't know.
Hobodoken 08-02-2006 08:55 AM
It's not a ribbon. I know about when his hat comes off, his hair is still shadowing his face then. Bangs and all that, with over-lighting.

Plus, it's part of his character design. He wears no ribbon.
Dangerous 08-02-2006 08:58 AM
Alan Gabriel launched a personal fashion; I am sure that if someone wears a suit like him, including this ribbon on his eyes, every body will wear suits like him. lol Big Grin

Just look at Prince's songs, he wears the same suit than Alan Gabriel, except his ribbon.
Hobodoken 08-02-2006 09:25 AM
There.
Is.
No.
Ribbon.
Shadow dorothy 08-02-2006 11:58 AM
Oh yeah well his bangs don't cover and overshadow in this picture.
http://www.paradigm-city.com/images/ep21/AlanGabriel3.jpg
You can't tell me thats bangs overshadow cause I have long bangs and that don't happen with me.
Mrs. Beck 08-02-2006 02:05 PM
Erm ... no, there really isn't a ribbon over Alan's eyes. And Dorothy never wears a ribbon over her eyes if I remember correctly ... o.o;

That band of pitch black over Alan's eyes is just a shadow. As for that one moment where his hat is off, it's done so that you just never know what his eyes look like. That's still just a shadow. It's part of the eerie persona about his character; he wouldn't be the same if we ever got to see his eyes. Really.
Shadow dorothy 08-02-2006 11:05 PM
Fine shadow ribbon they both cover the eyes so on to the theory I think they both she truth and don't care.
The Ghost of Ember 08-02-2006 11:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Beck
And Dorothy never wears a ribbon over her eyes if I remember correctly ... o.o;

Dorothy wears one in the very first scene of Episode One, you know "You can remove the blindfold now, Miss Soldano."

quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
There.
Is.
No.
Ribbon.

Either that's a ribbon, or somehow Alan’s upper face acts like some kind of miniature black hole, sucking up the massive amounts of light shining on him. Why are you guys so resistant to the idea? There's nothing that disputes it, and a great deal that goes against the concept that it's simply a character design. Is it so inconceivable that he uses a blindfold to cover yet another part of his face that has been altered by his cyborg nature? He's already wearing a mask to cover the other half of his face.

As far as the actual theory at stake here, I've got to say that it simply doesn't work. Dorothy never shows any indication of knowing anything more than anyone else, and Alan is a sadist who doesn't seem to give a damn about memories or the truth. He betrayed the union and it's goal to obtain memories/the truth in exchange for the Big Duo and the power to bring harm that it brought him.
Jixie 08-02-2006 11:26 PM
It's a blindfold, and yes. Alan is wearing a blindfold.

At first, it appears to be the shadow from the brim of his hat. However, there are multiple scenes where his hat is off, and there is some sort of blindfold over his eyes.

- The animators in Big O love to use dramatic shadows. I don't think we can even begin to count the scenes where someone is shown with shadows cast over their eyes. This includes Gordon and Alex, both of who lack bangs to cause shadows-- this is just dramatic lighting for effect. Not only is this common, but also very consistent. If Alan's eyes were hidden by shadows caused by bangs/dramatic lighting, there's no reason they would look so different from every other characters whose eyes are shadowed.

- We see that the black blindfold goes entirely around his head. "Eyes, shadowed by bangs" can't even begin to explain that. The screenshot from episode 21 that Shadow Dorothy linked is maybe not the best example of this, but if you watch that scene you will notice it at other times. When he's knocked over and the hat falls off, the angle and lighting is all wrong for it to be shadows... yet the black still clearly goes all the way around.

Possibly the best example is when Alex and Alan walk past Roger when they're at Ailesberry. Alan bows and takes off his hat in "broad daylight". I'll try to get my brother to get a screencap of this tomorrow. Edit: D'oh, he already posted it.

I'd like to say that even if it isn't a shadow, the blindfold still gives him an eerie, mysterious look and keeps up from ever seeing his eyes. It raises the speculation of 'what does his face actually look like?', 'what are his eyes like?', and 'how the heck does this guy see?'.

Dorothy is blindfolded in the very first episode with a white ribbon. She's blindfolded because she was kidnapped, I don't think there's any deeper meaning in it.

~J
Robot7290 08-05-2006 12:09 AM
Alan does wear a cloth or bandana thing over his eyes, but can most likely see through it. Either the cloth is semi-transparent, or his eyes are those of an android with enchanced vision or whatever...

The whole connection? I think it may be a coincedence, but it is similar. I still think it's a coincedence.
Shadow dorothy 08-06-2006 09:43 PM
Think about it. It does seem like a little strange. Shocked
Jstar136 08-16-2006 01:00 AM
About Alan knowing the truth, I don't think he knew much besides being a traitor to the Union.

He ended up being assimilated by Big Duo Inferno for not being its true Dominus, so I think that would be a mistake on his part.
Shadow dorothy 08-16-2006 03:23 PM
Not that sort of truth. I meant memories- Dorothy was given the human Dorothy's memories, Alex tells Alan that "you don't seem the type to be concerned with memories" and they both seem to have something over their eyes. So what if Alan and Dorothy both know something that happened 40 years ago but don't care, like what Shardwald said "if you revert your eyes from it you become nothing more than a puppet" and Dorothy refers to herself as a puppet in an episode while Roger tells Alan that hes being used like a puppet to help Inferno find his Domius.

See what I mean now.
Inigo Montoya 08-16-2006 06:20 PM
Perhaps the blindofld more than anything blinded Alan to his own arrogance, ultimately leading to his downfall and demise.

Or am I going far too indepth?
OpVines 08-18-2006 07:03 AM
Shadow Dorothy: S C H W A R Z W A L D.

Well, if I remember correctly, the human Dorothy died around the time of the first reset, meaning the android would have been after, meaning it's highly unlikely she would know the "truth". However, don't forget she has the ability to link with the Bigs and they have been shown to be at least partially sentient, so maybe she does know more than she lets on.

But I don't think that connection is shared with Allan Gabriel. Shadows are relatively similar to the shape they're shadows of, so no, it's not a shadow. I don't know if it is a blindfold, but I've realized that no one has mentioned that it may be his sensory organ. I mean.. he's an android. Just because the Bigs and the other androids have eyes doesn't mean Allan can't have some type of visor-vision. Yeah. Someone with 360o vision would be a lot more efficient, especially if that person is an assassin.
The Big Finale 08-18-2006 07:43 AM
Likewise correction: Alan, with one L.

I feel it necessary to point out, regardless of whether such a fact is relevant or not, that Mr. Gabriel has no ears.