A theory regarding episode 5...

Jonny Axehandle 08-01-2006 09:12 AM
In episode 5, "Bring Back My Ghost", Bonnie claims that he didn't know how he got the memories needed to pilot Osrail (the ghost)

Here's my theory: The Megaduce/Dominuce connection. Osrail rescued Bonnie, connected with him, and transfered the memories. The transfer was complete before Bonnie came to, so he was disconnected by the time he woke up and therefore didn't know what had taken place.
Dangerous 08-01-2006 09:26 AM
Good theory. Very plausible one.

I believed in the past that Bonnie knew to pilot Osrail before having his murder on the bridge. I mean a long time before. I believed he was a tomato.

And by a "miracle" there was that story in which he was implied with the police and the demonstrators. He got shot and, by "miracle" saved by Osrail, as if it was waiting for him a long time ago. And then this was a good reason for him to have his revenge.

But what a coincidence : to be thrown from the bridge and to be saved by this robot. There was no coincidence in reality, he got connected to Osrail and knew to pilot it.
Robot7290 08-05-2006 12:28 AM
In my own mind I accept that whole episode as non-Canon, just because I think (like in my earlier post), this was when the Big O was just made to make money. Think of it, the Osrail as another new Big O toy. COLLECT THEM ALL! Fight your Megadei together! Yayaya!
Zopwx2 08-05-2006 12:52 AM
I actually think this episode ties into later developments alot more than I expected for one of those formulaic first season eps.

Obviously as Jonny mentioned its the The Megadeus/Dominus connection exhibited early on.

Dagon is also another one, it wakes up looking for its dominus.
Shadow dorothy 08-06-2006 09:45 PM
Their all looking for there pilots except Big O.
Inigo Montoya 08-16-2006 06:26 PM
Good point there.

Could it perhaps be that when a megadeus finds someone it feels suited to be a dominus, there is some transference (I'm loath to use the word, but it's all I can think of) of the knowledge necessary to operate it?
Mr. Peabody 08-16-2006 06:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
In episode 5, "Bring Back My Ghost", Bonnie claims that he didn't know how he got the memories needed to pilot Osrail (the ghost)

Here's my theory: The Megaduce/Dominuce connection. Osrail rescued Bonnie, connected with him, and transfered the memories. The transfer was complete before Bonnie came to, so he was disconnected by the time he woke up and therefore didn't know what had taken place.

I have a similar theory as to how Schwarzwald was able to pilot Big Duo.

Basically, I think a Megadeus has some traces of free will. If that's possible, they make a connection with a person that stumbles upon them and seems just as rejected and abandoned as they are.