The Dark Knight: 2008

ArmageddonRose 08-28-2006 02:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale

If you only ever watched Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, I suppose that's true.

Don't really see how the original and Returns are slapstick.

Neutral You have got to be kidding me. That first batman movie? Hated the Joker. The whole thing was stupid. I know the whole Joker history, but that movie made me feel betrayed. How they made me hate my fave Batman villain is beyond me. But what slapstick? For one thing, the sets were laughably bad. I mean freaking terrible. The factory/plant where the soon-to-be Joker fell into the vat, the bell-tower thing at the end? So ugly. Gotham looked dumb as heck. No city looks that way. Don't try and tell me that's the point, either. It made no sense to have all this high-tech stuff and then have all the buildings look straight out of the Dark Ages. It made the original TV series seem totally believable in comparison. Also, I remember Joker shooting down the Batwing with one shot from some ridiculously large gun. It looked like a handgun with a four-foot Silencer on it. I might be a swordsman, but that gun could not have possibly done that. Like I said, stupid. Watch it again sometime. Terrible.

Then again, I can pretty much forgive you not thinking THAT movie slapstick, when you . . . argh! How can you . . . ? Gah! Batman Returns? How is Batman Returns, slapstick!!!??? What movie are YOU thinking of!!?? It was one of the worst movies I have ever SEEN! The Penguin was so awful. Do you even REMEMBER his plan?? He was going to strap ROCKETS TO PENGUINS and march them downtown, where they would launch the missiles FROM THEIR BACKS and destroy GOTHAM. What part of that is NOT god-awful slapstick!!?? Argh!! I hate that movie. Hate it so much. How are they . . . ? Ugh. Can't believe you said that. And, again, Gotham was ridiculous. Terrible sets. Horrible sets. Geez. Sweatdrop
The Big Finale 08-28-2006 02:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by ArmageddonRose
Like I said, stupid. Watch it again sometime. Terrible.

Just as a note, rewatching a movie I would, without hesistation, acknowledge as one of my absolute favorites of all time isn't going to make me hate it. Especially when most of the stuff you pointed out as bad [ESPECIALLY Joker's anti-aircraft pistol] are the parts I love the most.

Also, Penguin's plot wasn't really slapstick, I don't believe. Slapstick is more like clowns, the Three Stooges, or Bugs Bunny.

I still respect your opinion, though.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-28-2006 02:29 AM
I'm with ArmageddonRose on the movies. They were stupid with bad sets. And I prefered the cartoons, personaly. They were just...better than the movies.
ArmageddonRose 08-28-2006 07:44 AM
Sweatdrop Heh, heh . . . yeah. I just wanted to apologize to The Big Finale for spazzing out over Batman Returns earlier. I hate the movie, but there was no need to act rude. He even played it cool and said he respected my opinion, too. So, you know, sorry. I'm normally cool on most things, I like to think, but it seems that movie hit a nerve. lol. Peace? Big Grin
The Big Finale 08-28-2006 07:56 AM
As long as you can acknowledge this:

Joker: Bob, gun.
[Bob hands Joker gun]
[Joker shoots Bob]

as funny, or at least agree that Joker looked cool, I don't think I have any problems.

...I don't have any problems even if you can't on either count, but I simply will not pass up an opportunity to quote that scene.

By the way, just "Finale" is cool
Nine Kuze 09-09-2006 06:43 PM
quote:
The Toronto Sun talked to Heath Ledger, who mentioned The Joker in The Dark Knight:

Come January, he starts playing the Joker, in Christopher Nolan's next Batman film The Dark Knight.

"It's definitely going to stump people. I think it'll be more along the lines of how the Joker was meant to be in the comics, darker and more sinister."

The Toronto Star also got a quote from Ledger about the role:

"I wouldn't have thought of me, either. But it's obviously not going to be what Jack Nicholson did. It's going to be more nuanced and dark and more along the lines of a Clockwork Orange kind of feel. Which is, I think, what the comic book was after: less about his laugh and more about his eyes."

Warner Bros. is eyeing a June, 2008 release for the Batman Begins follow-up.

Caught this from the ComingSoon.net site and thought I'd share it with the rest of ya. Well, at least he says he isn't looking to go the same route as Nicholson did but go in a more of Malcolm McDowell direction.

And seriously, how can you not love that?
Peace.
Nine Kuze 01-26-2007 01:32 AM
*I'm bringin' it back*

Good news on the casting front about The Dark Knight.

quote:
Originally from Comingsoon.net via Variety
Holmes, who is making her return to acting after maternity leave, has dropped out of The Dark Knight, Warner Bros.' Christopher Nolan-directed sequel to Batman Begins.

Peace.
Sharpshooter005 01-27-2007 06:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
*I'm bringin' it back*

Good news on the casting front about The Dark Knight.

quote:
Originally from Comingsoon.net via Variety
Holmes, who is making her return to acting after maternity leave, has dropped out of The Dark Knight, Warner Bros.' Christopher Nolan-directed sequel to Batman Begins.

Peace.

Hey, with holmes gone maybe they can re-write the jokers backstory so that he's a hackneyed science fiction writer who comes up with a global moneymaking scam.
Nine Kuze 02-21-2007 11:21 AM
Just some small news that I read on USA Today a couple of days ago, Aaron Eckhart has signed on to be Harvey Dent (Two-Face) in The Dark Knight.
Peace.
The Baker St. Irregular 04-25-2007 06:18 PM
They've been filming here in Chicago lately. (My mom saw them shoot a scene where some people zip-lined between the old post office and the building across the street.) I'm wondering if Nine can cast a magic spell to find out when they'll be shooting more so I can go and watch them.
Inigo Montoya 04-25-2007 06:28 PM
Chicago works for the feel one gets with Batman, generally. So is it just Harvey Dent, or does Two-Face show up in the movie? I mean, Batman movies have a reputation for whoring two or more named Bat villains.
War.
Nine Kuze 04-26-2007 01:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Baker St. Irregular
They've been filming here in Chicago lately. (My mom saw them shoot a scene where some people zip-lined between the old post office and the building across the street.) I'm wondering if Nine can cast a magic spell to find out when they'll be shooting more so I can go and watch them.

You can check the Daily Hustler, hon. I've got some links there that talk about the shooting schedule and the areas of Chicago that they are shooting at too.
Peace.
The Baker St. Irregular 04-26-2007 12:09 PM
Well, all I could dig up was a site saying they'll be back in June. No specific times or places yet...

I really want to see it when they're shooting, so I would be able to take pictures to show you guys here at PCF.
seraphjei 04-27-2007 07:21 PM

Heath Ledger as the joker? You decide. The picture is a make-up test, in case you're wondering.
Hobodoken 04-27-2007 07:23 PM
Ewww, so, are they using the new, One Year Later version of the Joker, with the mouth things?
Mike 04-27-2007 08:47 PM
Wow. He kind of looks like a 900-years-younger Jack Nicholson. But Jack could still kick he's ass, cause he's still got the ax from The Shining.
Generalissimo D 04-28-2007 12:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei

Heath Ledger as the joker? You decide. The picture is a make-up test, in case you're wondering.

Fake.

Look at his hands.
Big Money 04-28-2007 12:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Call Me D. Just D. The D.
Fake.

Look at his hands.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare... to die.
Fujiko 04-29-2007 03:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
Originally posted by Call Me D. Just D. The D.
Fake.

Look at his hands.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare... to die.

The SAME exact thing popped into my head before I saw your post.

Christopher Guest in Joker makeup!
Jonny Axehandle 04-29-2007 03:53 PM
Great, Brokebat Mountain. Just great.