The Dark Knight: 2008

Mike 08-19-2006 11:27 PM
Isn't that Rhas Al-Ghul's daughter? I can't see her being a love interest, being that he killed her dad and all.

Selina Kyle was always the best love interest for Batman. The whole friend/enemy thing was more interesting than the ole damsel in distress. But that crappy Catwoman movie went and screwed that up.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-20-2006 01:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Isn't that Rhas Al-Ghul's daughter? I can't see her being a love interest, being that he killed her dad and all.

Selina Kyle was always the best love interest for Batman. The whole friend/enemy thing was more interesting than the ole damsel in distress. But that crappy Catwoman movie went and screwed that up.

Here, here! *raises a glass* That movie sucked major ass. I consider the Patience Phillips Catwoman to be a totally different Catwoman thing that the Selena Kyle Catwoman. (That makes sense right? Neutral ) How does someone take one of the coolest chicks from the Batman world and...mutilate her image like that? Frown

On another note, I really don't care for Penguin. He doesn't do much for me. Now Joker, there's a character that must be handled carefully. Not to playful. Not to dark. A sort of evil harlequin. Speaking of, is there any word on Harley? 'Cause I don't know when she showed up exactly.

But what I realy wanna see is Catwoman. And I want to see her done right. No leather body suites like in the Catwoman/Penguin fiasco. Dead No tramp/slut look like in The-Movie-That-Dare-Use-Her-Name. Evil I want Catwoman and nothing but the Catwmoan. =^vv^=

So yeah, I'm looking forward to the sequel(s). X3
Gummibear 08-20-2006 07:31 PM
I'd love to see Catwoman as well. But unfortunately I heard rumors that Warner Brothers was waiting till that who "Catwoman" fiasco was all forgotten (I more than anyone wish they hadn't done that movie)!

No doubt that Selina Kyle/Catwoman is the perfect mate for Bruce Wayne/Batman. I'm hoping they start to introduce her into the series. But I hope they pick the right actress to play her. Because the chemistry between her and Bruce has to be just right for it to work.
The Big Finale 08-20-2006 08:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
No leather body suites like in the Catwoman/Penguin fiasco. Dead

What's the problem with Batman Returns? Not offended, just curious.

Here's hoping Scarecrow makes a few more appearences - he's one of my favorite Bat-villians.
Tsukaggin 08-20-2006 10:01 PM
I felt that, though Batman Begins was a spectacular movie, one of my favorites, and certainly the best in the franchise, Scarecrow was played in just about every way he shouldn't have been. He was nothing like the Scarecrow. After the first movie, I doubt he'll be making a come back. He was pretty screwed. I hope it stays that way.

I personally am looking froward to the next one however. I doubt we'll see Penguin or Catwoman though. I think two main antagonists is enough for one movie. Chances are Harvey Dent will become Two-face before the credits role. Even if it's just as a set up for the third film.

_Tsukaggin
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-20-2006 10:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
quote:
No leather body suites like in the Catwoman/Penguin fiasco. Dead

What's the problem with Batman Returns? Not offended, just curious.

Here's hoping Scarecrow makes a few more appearences - he's one of my favorite Bat-villians.

Meh, the stitched-up look didn't work in my eyes. I just didn't like it. Oh Well

Thanks for reminding me! Scarecrow scared me a bit when I saw the movie in IMAX. I'm so used to the cartoony Scarecrow, to see him as a scary-ass mental case like that kinda threw me off a little. X_x
Fujiko 08-21-2006 12:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

I doubt it would be. To me Katie Holmes doesn't have that spunk to play Talia. Besides, I have doubts that Rhas Al-Ghul's really dead, seeing as he always had that thing with the weird fountain-of-youth type of story. It seemed so odd that he would just accept his death. But then again, I could be wrong.

I'd love to see if Harley was introduced along with the Joker. Although strange, their relationship always intrigued me.

Catwoman, however, I'd want to see until another installment. But she'd have to be awesome, and have excellent chemistry with Bruce.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-21-2006 12:47 AM
I'm with Fujiko. The whole Harley Quinn+Joker thing always struck me as strangely interesting. Maybe it's becasue Joker is the last person you'd expect to be loved. And he gets a good lokking red-head with attitude who sticks to him like glue. Neutral WTH?
Fujiko 08-21-2006 01:14 AM
quote:
I'm with Fujiko. The whole Harley Quinn+Joker thing always struck me as strangely interesting. Maybe it's becasue Joker is the last person you'd expect to be loved. And he gets a good lokking red-head with attitude who sticks to him like glue. Neutral WTH?

Harley likes the abuse. It's practically a sado-masochistic relationship. And I always thought Harley was a blonde. Confused
The Big Finale 08-21-2006 01:19 AM
Harley IS a blonde.

[Finale = huge Ms. Quinn fan]
Zopwx2 08-21-2006 01:50 AM
Ryan Phillippe as Harvey Dent rumors make me cry.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-21-2006 04:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
Harley IS a blonde.

[Finale = huge Ms. Quinn fan]

Oh... uh... hmm... `o` Oh yeah! She was a blondie! Must of been thinking of someone else, though it couldn't have been Poison Ivy... *shudders* I hate that b*tch. Hmm... `o`
Nine Kuze 08-21-2006 03:15 PM
- I love Batman Returns, it's my favorite one.

- Please. Ra's Al Ghul is still alive. What, you thought that train crash in the end killed him? Dude NEVER dies, he's that sweet. Or than the Joker and the Phantasm, he's my favorite Batman villain.

- I'm hearing that Katie Holmes is going to be in the sequel, which pisses me off.

- I'd like to see Selina Kyle come into the fray. Not exactly Catwoman yet, but Selina Kyle would be cool to see. Same with Harley Quinn.

- Ryan Phillipe as Harvey Dent? That's not too bad, but there are surely better candidates for the role.
Peace.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-21-2006 05:50 PM
Well, it would make sense to introduce Harley at least. We know Joker's gonna be in the sequel, somebody get his girlfreind!
Hienrich Ele 08-21-2006 06:29 PM
I do not know about the comics, for I have not read "Mad Love", but in the animated series, she met Joker when he went to Arkham, analyzed him, and fell in love with him.

That episode, called "Mad Love" as well, was awesome.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-21-2006 07:52 PM
I remember seeing that episode on TV many years ago. Harley went into a costume shop and stole a harlequin outfit and makeup.
pen1300 08-25-2006 03:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
- I'm hearing that Katie Holmes is going to be in the sequel, which pisses me off.

I heard she was dropped not too long after the run of the first movie. Basically, the rumor mill said "Holmes no." And I thought it was rather confirmed...

quote:
- I'd like to see Selina Kyle come into the fray. Not exactly Catwoman yet, but Selina Kyle would be cool to see. Same with Harley Quinn.

She's (Kyle) is my FAVE character. It'd be fun if she just showed up and it was not even that long. Maybe even her meeting Wayne as Kyle...kind like that other movie "Batman Returns" I think. That's my fave out of the four. Harley Quinn: That would be fun. Is she going to be in this movie? I'm only glancing in here and I missed if she was. Maybe later they'll bring her in because she's SOOOO interesting.

quote:
- Ryan Phillipe as Harvey Dent? That's not too bad, but there are surely better candidates for the role.
Peace.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Another of my fave actors. I think he could do it. Cruel Intentions, baby. That and Gosford Park. He was nasty if I remember right. Nonetheless, I find him to be a GOOD actor. There are better choices out there, but he can do it, just like Heath Ledger.

Any word on how they're going to do the "Creation of the Joker"? I mean, there's I think two versions out there of how he came to be "The Joker."

Later,
Pen1300
Gummibear 08-25-2006 04:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI

I heard she was dropped not too long after the run of the first movie. Basically, the rumor mill said "Holmes no." And I thought it was rather confirmed...

I think she's just coming in for continuity's sake. I'm hoping they don't put her in as a love interest for Bruce Wayne / Batman. I'm thinking she'll probably be involved with the Harvey Dent storyline in some way. I've heard speculation about what her relationship with Harvey will be, but nothing official yet. I'm sure they will be involved in some way (makes sense).

I'm hoping they'll introduce Selina Kyle, but I don't know if it'll be in this film (we might have to wait until the third installment) but hopefully she'll make a cameo. I'd LOVE for them to do the storyline where she's Carmine Falcone's ilegitamate child. That would fit in rather nicely. I think Nolan can pull it off.
ArmageddonRose 08-28-2006 01:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Fujiko
For those who haven't figured it out, this is a thread for the next Batman movie coming out in 2008. Smile

It appears that The Joker will definitely be a part of the plot, and that Heath Ledger will play this most awesome villain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060801/en_movies_eo/19646

I honestly don't know how to respond to this, except that if he can do it and do it well, he will make me incredibly happy.

So . . . freaking . . . awesome. I agree. I've never seen him act, but if he does good, I'll love it. I was almost hoping they would get the guy who played Scarecrow back again to play Joker. lol. It would stand out, I know, but I love his acting so much. Red Eye rocked. He has the best creepy smile, EVER. I'm just happy the next movie will be like Batman Begins. It has been the only Batman movie I actually WANT to watch again. The others tried that stupid formula of mixing serious action movie stuff with the slapstick from the original series. Stupid. Sweatdrop
The Big Finale 08-28-2006 01:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by ArmageddonRose
The others tried that stupid formula of mixing serious action movie stuff with the slapstick from the original series. Stupid. Sweatdrop

If you only ever watched Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, I suppose that's true.

Don't really see how the original and Returns are slapstick.