How human did Dorothy become?

Robot7290 07-29-2006 02:17 AM
At the end of the play that is the Big O, Dorothy chooses to become human, as seen by when she kicks back to life without a memory circuit, which under no circumstances should be possible. Now, she has become human, but during the final fight between Big O and Big Fau, Dorothy manually activates the Big O Final Form wepaon by plugging the "back needles" somewhere in her mechanic forehead/brain (it was not plugged in to her disk reader, just was accesed by that open port). So, although she is an android, she has a human mind? That is what I am puzzled by.
lostmustard 07-29-2006 12:47 PM
You know, it's my belief that Dorothy didn't become human. Never once in the last episode does anyone say 'Hey, Dorothy is human now.'

Of course, the question to be asked is 'How did she jump to life and save Roger then? Hmmm?'

Well, I read Chobits before I saw Big O, and Chii (a persocom, which is essentially the same thing as an android) functioned without her memory disk. To me, Dorothy did the exact same thing: functioned with her memory circuit.

Besides, if Dorothy had indeed become human, wouldn't she have needed some of the oxygen from that tank for herself?
Shadow dorothy 07-29-2006 12:50 PM
I have to agree with Lostmustard on this, Dorothy didn't look human or have the neccasary triats, but I will say she did seem to gain a human understanding.
David Ryder 07-29-2006 02:25 PM
Dorothy never became human. She's still a machine. Although this is season 2 where talking about and it had so many animation problems it isn't even funny, and let us not forget the plot holes you could drive a fleet of trucks threw.
Big Jauln 07-29-2006 07:19 PM
If you thnk about it, Dorothy maybe Waynerwright's dead with cybernetic implants to save her.