Tekken: Dark Resurrection

Schwarzwald 07-27-2006 10:07 PM
I've been looking for a new game to buy. Been going through that old Hulk game for the xbox, Blade Dancer and VP for the PSP, and that 2 hour long Super Mario Bros. for the DS.

But this Tekken looks great! And looks like it has alot to offer, especially with that ghost mode, which is suppost to emulate a player's fighting style.

I'm wondering how you people like it, and would also really like some feed on the controls.

All of my games don't really have any truely fast placed intensity, but I'd worry about playing with my PSP on a faster game like Tekken. The buttons and D-pad don't really feel very padded. My Square button feels a little funky and I can see some silver rod thing under it(Though my father who also owns a PSP doesn't notice any difference). My right sholder button stickes into the side sometimes. And I most definately have the strength to twist the system in half. I'm really worried about breaking my PSP 0_o.
David Ryder 07-27-2006 10:14 PM
I haven't played a Tekken game in years. Does it offer more than just the standard beat other fighter move to the next? I mean a mode similar to Soul calibur's weapon master or CoS mode?
Schwarzwald 07-27-2006 10:21 PM
I doubt there are weapons, there are lots of customizable options(you play to earn money, and buy items with it), and the game starts with over 30 characters. From what I know, the game modes are standard of most fighting games. I wouldn't expect any weapon master mode like soul caliber. The only really unique thing I know of is the ghost thing. There is multiplayer but it only does ad-hoc.
Travis Bickle 07-27-2006 10:52 PM
It looks exactly like Tekken 5, which was fun to play for the first week but then eventually got old. I mean, the Mishima family can only die so many times until everything's all worn out. And somehow, every 3D fighter has advanced to having multi-tiered environments, and all Tekken did was put in walls and phone booths and take them out again.
David Ryder 07-27-2006 10:53 PM
quote:
there are lots of customizable options(you play to earn money, and buy items with it)

Aye, that's what I meant. Well if it's got a mode liek that, it does seem to offer a good bit of replay.
Schwarzwald 07-30-2006 07:48 PM
I don't know. I'd guess you just earn money through arcade and training and all that. Haven't read anything about a mission mode.
Raven 07-31-2006 12:30 AM
Tekken: Dark Resurrection is just the arcade update of Tekken 5. After Tekken 5 was released, there were quite a few complaints about the imbalance of the characters. Well, to make a long story short, the game was balanced through 2 patches, the second being Dark Resurrection. Besides balance, Dark Resurrection also offers three new playable characters not included in Tekken 5: Dragunov, Lili, and fan favorite Armor King who makes his return. Think of this as similar to the Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution release.
Schwarzwald 08-01-2006 08:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
quote:
there are lots of customizable options(you play to earn money, and buy items with it)

Aye, that's what I meant. Well if it's got a mode liek that, it does seem to offer a good bit of replay.

I just got the game, and it does have something like Soul Caliber 2's weapon master mode. You go from dojo to dojo with a single character, needing to increase in rank to number 1 at each dojo. I haven't gotten to the final dojo yet, but I think I'm half way there with some crazy Panda Bear.