TMNT CG Movie

Wingnut 07-27-2006 09:30 AM
The realease date is set as march 30th of 2007 and there is a trailer out now. There also seems to be no subtitle to this film, simply being called TMNT. This would seem to indicate that this is a stand alone movie that does not tie into any other movie or TV series timeline, that and the fact that this is a teaser trailer means that no plot elements are revieled beyond what is present in all TMNT productions. (They live in NYC, the cops are suspicious of them, and they practice their ninja skills useing the buildings as a training ground.)
So go watch the trailer and use this thread to talk about it.
Mike 07-27-2006 09:50 AM
That looks extremely awesome. They seem more like Teenage Mutant Ninja Toads the way they were jumping around.
Wazpy 07-27-2006 10:55 AM
*hopes this movie is based on the classic cartoon and not the original comics.*
Jonny Axehandle 07-27-2006 11:08 AM
Oh man, that logo is the best movie logo I have ever seen.
Fujiko 07-27-2006 01:01 PM
I saw the trailer a couple of days ago. I got all giddy and excited. I still am. They look great (even if people say they look like toads/frogs), and it's cool b/c now they are able to do the things that they couldn't do before that they're supposed to do.
Nine Kuze 07-27-2006 05:33 PM
Here's a link with more on the TMNT movie (and a bonus on a film called "300").
Peace.
Generalissimo D 07-27-2006 05:41 PM
Yes. Yes. Yes.
Inigo Montoya 07-27-2006 06:32 PM
YES.

[CRASH] "I'm okay!"

I pray they have something like that in the movie itself. And I hope it's more based off the first movie than the classic cartoon. The classic cartoon is a little too campy, I think, for today's audiences. It'd be like making a Batman sequel to Batman Begins, but do it in the classic Batman TV show style.
Pie_Junkie 07-27-2006 07:06 PM
Sweet, '07's gonna rock so hardcore.
NVWC2006 07-29-2006 11:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Venome Lord
YES.

[CRASH] "I'm okay!"

I pray they have something like that in the movie itself. And I hope it's more based off the first movie than the classic cartoon. The classic cartoon is a little too campy, I think, for today's audiences. It'd be like making a Batman sequel to Batman Begins, but do it in the classic Batman TV show style.

The I'm Okay made me really laugh out loud.

Mikey was always my favorite turtle..

Really, I don't care how they base it, cartoon or old movies. I hardly remember either. But, I believe that those in charge will have seen what people liked or disliked from the recent cartoon, and adjust as neccesary.

Already, I see something different; the turtles are slimmer, not as large and muscular. could they be younger, or is it a redesign?
Wingnut 01-23-2007 01:41 PM
*Casts aproperate resurection spell on thread* I command you to live!
For I have a new trailer to bring to you people.
Click here to view the new trailer that reveals a few new plot points and who the primary enemy is going to be.
seraphjei 01-24-2007 02:13 AM
It's a shame Mako died. He was supposed to voice Master Splinter if i'm not mistaken.
Krang 01-25-2007 10:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
It's a shame Mako died. He was supposed to voice Master Splinter if i'm not mistaken.

Actually, his voice work was completed before that happened, so his voice will still be used for Splinter in the movie.
Nine Kuze 01-26-2007 01:30 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed before up here but I think that Shredder might not be in the film, or at most not have thta much of a presence as he usually has when hes involved with the TMNT.

Here's an article with the director, writer and producer talking about the film.
Peace.
Wingnut 01-26-2007 02:53 PM
True. That is one thing they told us from the begining IIRC. Neither of our admin's namesakes will be in this movie.
Nine Kuze 01-26-2007 04:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Neither of our admin's namesakes will be in this movie.

Which is quite the bad form.

Also, and I'm rockin' the spoilers on this one, here's the jist of the plot if anybody is interested:
quote:
spoiler (highlight to read):
In the new "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" movie, simply titled TMNT, peculiar incidences are happening in New York City, but that's not the only strange thing taking place. The Turtles are at odds after Leonardo leaves for a mission in South America and while he is gone, the brothers change and they begin to do things that go against what Splinter has taught them. The family is starting to fall apart and it's up to Leonardo and Splinter to bring them back together.

The first scene that we saw was of Splinter narrating the movie.

"'A family is a bond that cannot be broken by war, by strife, by force or neglect. More importantly, you are brothers and brothers you shall remain despite time, argument and even distance'"

Peace.
Fujiko 03-26-2007 04:55 AM
Okay, so, I got to see this yesterday afternoon. It made the child in me giggle with joy, although, sad to say, I wish I could have seen more of Donnie and especially Mikey. The plot was pretty straightforward, and it seemed like the movie ended much too quickly, but it was mainly a kid movie, so I forgave it. However, there was a small hint of a possible second film, and possibly the return of Shredder. Only time will tell though.

And for those of you wondering: no, Sarah Michelle Gellar did not kill this movie.
Sharpshooter005 03-29-2007 01:53 AM
Okay now that this and transformers are coming out, can the whole "lets remember childrens media from the 1980s" thing end, and take robot chicken back with it to hell?
Hollow XXVI 03-31-2007 04:19 AM
Poor Sharpie.

I'm kind of glad Krang and Shredder weren't there, only because the cartoon sucks with Shredder BEING Krang..or whatever that was last I saw...

Krang worked in the old cartoon because said old cartoon was really over the top and funny.

..I still thought Super Shredder was cool in the second movie though. >.>
Wingnut 03-31-2007 08:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fujiko
Okay, so, I got to see this yesterday afternoon. It made the child in me giggle with joy, although, sad to say, I wish I could have seen more of Donnie and especially Mikey. The plot was pretty straightforward, and it seemed like the movie ended much too quickly, but it was mainly a kid movie, so I forgave it. However, there was a small hint of a possible second film, and possibly the return of Shredder. Only time will tell though.

And for those of you wondering: no, Sarah Michelle Gellar did not kill this movie.

Indeed. In fact you could barely tell it was her.

I just saw it today and I definately enjoyed it. Also, Mako's voice was there and he was listed as Splinter in the credits.
Also, it ended up being Lawerence Fishburne doing the opening narration for the movie.

Fans of the Turtles in any form should go and see this film.