Ouran High School Host Club

Green_Bird 07-26-2006 10:38 PM
Yeah after watching the first few episodes off of Youtube I'm hooked. I normally don't go for shojo series, only some apeal to me. This ones one of them. I would have picked up the manga sooner if I knew what it was about.

Anyway, here's the plot summary from ANN:

quote:
Haruhi is a poor tomboyish student at a school for the wealthy, which she was only able to attend because of a scholarship. Looking for a place to study, she enters a music room, only to find that it's being used by the Ouran Host Club. The guys of the host club intentionally play up their attributes to please the customers, which even they realize is silly, but it does work like a charm. Haruhi thinks it's all ridiculous, but before she can leave, she accidentally breaks a vase. She can't pay for it, so she's told that she'll have to stay and do odd jobs. She does this until they realize that she would be more valuable as a real member of the club. Not realizing she's female due to her appearance, they fix her up and give her a male uniform. She makes such a handsome boy, they decide to have her keep up the charade even after they find out she's a girl. Although she thinks the guys are crazy, they seem to be good people, and not having much choice, she plays along.

It has enough crack to keep even the non-shojo fan satisfied. Not to mention the usual Easter eggs that BONES usual puts in their anime. So it won't disappoint.
angelcakes 08-17-2006 06:28 PM
I just recently looked this series up on Youtube and I have to agree with you Green_Bird, I'm hooked ^__^ It reminds me of Clamp School Detectives in a sense. Tamaki-kun is like Nokoru-kun all grown up Big Grin

quote:
It has enough crack to keep even the non-shojo fan satisfied

"Obviously you two are homo side characters!"

Yep. Good stuff.
seraphjei 03-10-2007 10:02 PM
God, I love this show. I only started watching recently, but it's hypnotically entertaining. I'm hoping the anime can expand from its original 26 episode set-up. Plus i'll have to check out the manga soon as well.
Chitter-Box-Kat 03-10-2007 11:46 PM
I have watched all the episodes available on Youtube as they were being posted. I'm not much of a shoujo fan myself, but damn, if it wasn't funny as hell. XD

I love how Haruhi is this tomboy who kinda looks better with the short hair. . . Well, in my opinion. Daddy probably wouldn't agree, and Daddy scares me a bit sometimes. Embarrassed Sweatdrop But Mommy is the one you really have to watch. And Hunny is the KEEWETEST little shouta teenager I have wever seen! (Come to think of it, he's the first. O_o) And he's got Mori to play off of, and the two compliment each other wonderfully. And then, my favorites, Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachin. I mean COME ON! Twincest anyone?

But yeah, the series is realy funny and cool. The Host Club members have a lot of amazing little adventures. And the ending is pretty exciting. Big Grin

OH HO HO HO HO HO! Enjoy your shoujo, and please, feel free to ask me any questions that may arise. OOH! And I almost forgot about Nekozawa! He is a big shocker.
Green_Bird 03-11-2007 06:54 AM
And since my thread has been revived....I'll post the news that apparently the anime has been licensed but no one knows by who. The only thing they do know it isn't Bandai or Viz because they were asked about the anime at recent panels.
Valdoom 03-12-2007 04:13 PM
I noticed this post and decided to watch Ouran High School Host club. At the moment I could be qualified as an addict. I seriouly watched 8 hours of it in one day. Can anyone suggest a clinic for anime addicts? (just kidding)
Sharpshooter005 03-12-2007 08:49 PM
quote:
Twincest anyone?

This is why I loathe the internet so much sometimes.
Valdoom 03-13-2007 07:45 PM
Well I finished it, something I always dread when I watch an anime who's greatness is beyond my vocabulary. I always want it to go on longer. If only... Crying The final climax was brilliant. The characters were great, the hidden easter eggs were quite creative. I almost felt I was dishonoring such a great masterpeace by being in the same room as it.

I just wonder when it will come out it english.