In your opinion...

lostmustard 07-25-2006 07:48 PM
Okay, so I'm working on a fanfic that takes place 2 years after the end of season two. We'll call this an 'alternate universe' fic because of a few tiny tiny changes I made (don't worry, I'm not changing any charaters...ah....characteristics). I don't want to talk about the plot here, because I have an irrational fear of people telling me that my ideas suck.

Anyway, this fic will certainly be Roger x Dorothy because, let's face it, Roger x Dorothy is just wonderful-adorable. However, I would like to bring Angel into my fic at some point. How I use her will entirely depend on how my question is answered.

So, enough with the drawn out opening, here's the question.

Do you think that there was any chance of Angel and Roger becoming an actual couple even with Dorothy around? If you could, please cite instances from the anime that prove that they could or could not.

Any help is appreciated!!
Generalissimo D 07-25-2006 07:59 PM
Hi ho, hi ho, to the nightingale this goes.
lostmustard 07-25-2006 08:07 PM
Whoops! You're right! I'm sorry! Could a mod please move this?

[Edit: No problem. --Krang]
Nine Kuze 07-26-2006 06:52 PM
Okay first off two things;

quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
Hi ho, hi ho, to the nightingale this goes.

I love when he does this. And besides, where did you first put this thread and why do so many people do this?

quote:
Originally posted by lostmustard
I don't want to talk about the plot here, because I have an irrational fear of people telling me that my ideas suck.

Ah good. You learned that fear is a healthy thing.

I'm playin' but seriously to answer your question; in my own opinon, no Roger and Angel couldn't have been together as a couple. There was certainly an attraction between the two and I guess you can go one further and say that Angel fell in love with Roger. But Roger, although no matter how he felt about her, couldn't return her feelings because someone else already locked in that spot.

And we all know who that is.

Also, basically its a fan-fic so you can string the characters and their relationships anyway you see fit. And if able to make the love triangle work with Roger, Dorothy, and Angel, I say go for it and I'd like to see it. Smile
Peace.
Mrs. Beck 08-02-2006 01:29 PM
Now now, don't be afraid to ask for opinions on your ideas! ... Ok, so here, that's a rational fear ... but that's not the point ... *cough*

Anywho, eh-uhm ... I personally do not agree with the idea of a RogerxAngel relationship working out, but as Nine XXVI has already stated, it's FANFICTION! You can do whatever you want as long as you can back it up at least enough to make it somewhat beleivable. I think you should go with a love triangle between those three, but hey, it's all up to you. You're the author, eh?

Good luck with it, and fly with the idea! Let your imagination take to flight! That's the key to fanfiction, ai?
stryker 08-02-2006 06:32 PM
I may be a small voice in this subject, but I think it's possible for Roger and Angel to work, but it depends on how it's handled, and it also depends on what sort of truths underlie Dorothy's nature and existence.

If you can answer those two issues, then your question will be answered in turn. Pleased