What's up with the right eye?

paul1290 07-24-2006 07:12 AM
Some things I noticed:
-In Act 12, Big-O's right eye is damaged in the fight with Big-Duo.
-in Act 14, a couple people at the Speakeasy bar had a shadow over their right eye.
-When we see Big-Duo being repaired by Alex Rosewater's people, it's right eye is mising.
-Big duo inferno has a large left eye but a small right eye.

Also:
-Norman can only see through his right eye.
-We can see Schwarzwalds right eye but his left eye is covered up by a lens.
-In Act 26 Roger has a flashback that shows him with a shadow over his left eye, but his right eye can be seen clearly.
-Also in Act 26 the skin over Big Ear's right eye came off.

Does being able to see clearly with your right eye mean that you have seen the truth or something?

It probably doesn't mean anything, but it's still an interesting thought.
Chitter-Box-Kat 07-24-2006 07:48 AM
First off, you have an eye for the little details. Secondly, I'm surprised I pick up on somthing like this. It seems like spmething I'd notice... And thirdly, it probably doesn't mean anything. Maybe the people who were doing the show were going for a dramatic feel and chincing out on eye details at the same time? I don't know. Oh Well
Shadow dorothy 07-24-2006 12:15 PM
The use of the eyes means nothing at all.
Big O got damaged, half of Duo's head was destory in the first fight.
Norman's an exconvict(watch ep.1), Schwarzwald is carzy and that all I have for a rant.
Robot7290 07-24-2006 12:56 PM
Yeah, I would have NEVER picked up on those. Nice find! I don't think it's anything other than coincedence, because if it wasn't coincedence I really don't see what one eye over another eye would have to do with anything the Big O was trying to convey to us. But again, nice find.
Mr. Peabody 07-24-2006 06:46 PM
I wouldn't read to much into it.

The majority of humanity is right-handed, so subconsciously comic book artists and animators draw facial injuries on the right side.
Paradigm Dog 07-27-2006 01:54 AM
It might mean nothing, but BIG-O has been known for its detailed symbolism. Posts back when this show was getting its second wind have addressed this before and there were some interesting theories relating to real world beliefs about eyes, but I can't recall them at the moment.
Big Jauln 07-27-2006 05:37 PM
It's just probably just some coincedences.
Diverse Considerations 07-27-2006 08:48 PM
Latin for right is dexter, Latin for left is sinister. This is where our word sinister comes from, in ancient Rome and on through medieval times, it was bad mojo to be left-handed. You were pretty much branded as evil. So left handed people spent a lot of time learning to write right handed.

You can draw some pretty interesting good vs. evil lines, especially with Schwarzwald and Big Duo if you take this into account. I'm not sure how it works out with everyone else, but it is interesting nonetheless.

Also, something else I noticed with eyes. In act 14, as Roger is losing the fight against the three foreign megadei, R. Dorothy falls more and more into the shadows. Eventually, the shadow covers her eyes all the way. I've always thought this to mean that Roger is losing his grounding, since in the end it is R. Dorothy who pulls him back into the fight.

I'd be interested to hear anyone else's opinions. Smile
Shadow dorothy 07-27-2006 09:18 PM
I though that her eyes went dark cause the light in the cockpit blowup. Kinda creepy that the lighting made her eyes look like Alan's.