I can't believe I haven't played this game until now! (Deus Ex)

paul1290 07-23-2006 08:36 PM
For a long time I've been hearing about this game called Deus Ex. I wanted to get Deus Ex but never got around to it. Last week I finally gotten around to playing this so called "greatest PC game of all time".

All I have to say is THIS GAME IS AWSOME!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I feel like an idiot not having played this game until recently. I'm having more fun with this game than I did with Half-Life 2 or Doom 3. Deus Ex is like compilation of everything that was ever good in a video game. It's like a first person shooter, role playing game, stealth action game, and adventure game put into a single game that does extremely well in all areas.

If you haven't played Deus Ex yet then I suggest you do so as soon as possible. You can get if for less that $5 these days so there is really no reason not to get it.
Schwarzwald 07-24-2006 12:45 AM
Heh saddly I've only played Deus Ex 2: Invisible war. But I really enjoyed that one!

And now that I look back...I think I spend more time on that game than I did in the single player of Half Life 2 and had a bit more fun. I really enjoyed it! Also experimenting with the AI, like getting one of the first city guard drones to attack a mob that I provoked. ^^; Working on going through all of the story possibilities and time paradoxes.
Volt 07-25-2006 03:23 PM
Deus Ex is seriously the best game ever made. It's not even an opinion. The characters, the story, the music, the weapons, and especially the atmosphere all kick ass. I went through the game about three times just so I could completely upgrade my sniepr rifle and never got tired of it. Anyone who doesnt buy this game should be shot, and like Paul said, it's around $5 when you can find it (try eBay).
Deus Ex 2 was decent. I actually had a lot of fun with it, maybe because I got it before the original. The story was decent, and the atmosphere was always really keen, but the ammo system was screwed up the butt. Otherwise cool.