OtaKon 2006

Mage 07-23-2006 03:13 PM
Well it's official I'm going to finally make it to a anime con! I'm spending two weeks pay traveling up from Florida to go to Otakon in Baltimore August 4th-6th, with the Drexel Anime and Gaming Organization.
I was wondering if anyone else is planning on going there this year. I'll get a camera to post pictures from the con afterwards, since it's been a while since I posted pics from my crazy adventures.
SEELE 08 07-23-2006 04:00 PM
I'm not going to Otakan, though several online freinds of mine are for the following reasons.

1. no cash
2. no way to get there
3. This crazy online stalker gal is giving a presentation on Neon Genesis that is sure to be chock-full of misinformation about the series. If I ever met her we'd probably get into a fight.
Dude Love 07-23-2006 08:59 PM
A lot of friends of mine are going, though I am not.

In fact, one of my friends (and a group of people he knows but I don't) is going to be performing something at some point. I think it has to do with FMA...
Tickle Tickle 07-23-2006 10:14 PM
I might go. It's not offical yet, I may only good for one day.
Mage 07-25-2006 05:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
I might go. It's not offical yet, I may only good for one day.

Let me know if your going it would be fun to meet someone new from Paradigm
Diverse Considerations 07-25-2006 10:23 PM
I'm thinking day trip. I have no idea yet, though. I've never been to one of these before, so I want to check one out before I decide to invest a whole weekend to one of these things.

And if a number of us do end up going, us PCFers should all get lunch together or something.
Mage 07-26-2006 06:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Diverse Considerations
I'm thinking day trip. I have no idea yet, though. I've never been to one of these before, so I want to check one out before I decide to invest a whole weekend to one of these things.

And if a number of us do end up going, us PCFers should all get lunch together or something.

The lunch thing would be fun.

But just so you know if you go to Otakon, the registration fee for the convetntion is sixty dollars weither your going for the whole weekend or just a day. They don't want to deal with the confusion of day passes.
Diverse Considerations 07-26-2006 10:21 AM
60 for one day, bad. 60 for three days, good. Let's all share a hotel room! lol

I jest, but in all seriousness, I used to live in Owings Mills which is at the northern terminus of the Baltimore Metro, which has a stop a few blocks away from the convention center. A quick search shows that it is much less pricey up there, and probably still has vacancies...in case anyone going still doesn't have lodging planned.

But as for me, we'll see.
Tickle Tickle 07-26-2006 12:54 PM
60 bucks? Yeah, I'll pass. I'm not gonna spend 60 bucks to go for one day.