Team Fortress 2 is going to be amazing.

Mike 07-22-2006 08:27 PM
Big Money 07-22-2006 08:35 PM
Oh yes.
Sephiroth 07-22-2006 08:39 PM
My God. Words cannot describe how awesome that is. I love Team Fortress, and this only makes me love it more.
Travis Bickle 07-22-2006 10:12 PM
Yeah, I saw the video on STEAM. Portal is going to be better, though.
Mike 07-22-2006 10:14 PM
Portal looks really cool. It also looks like it's going to lead to infuriating rage.
Travis Bickle 07-23-2006 01:34 AM
The cool thing is, though, that Valve is supopsedly working with TeamGarry and giving them the needed Source code so that, by the time Episode Two is released, a version of Garry's Mod that features some PORTAL features and Team Fortress 2 models and things would be released at essentially the same time. This is awesome, because Garry's Mod is the best thing to ever be released for the PC. EVER.
Big Money 07-23-2006 07:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
This is awesome, because Garry's Mod is the best thing to ever be released for the PC. EVER.

Damn straight.
Mike 07-23-2006 07:34 PM
Ugh.
I was playing Episode One before, and it STILL crashes. After like 10 minutes, the game will freeze and the sound will stutter and the only way to get out of it is to shut down and reboot. It pisses me off, especially since regular Half Life 2 and CS do this, too. Goddamned Steam.
Raven 07-24-2006 03:05 PM
Wow, the original concept for Team Fortress 2 looked a whole hell of a lot better than this one. I used to be a Team Fortress addict about 3 years ago, but this knew game doesn’t look like it will rekindle my love for the game.
088nd 07-24-2006 08:54 PM
Besides the new look, this doesn't tell you sh** about the game.
Mastershake 08-30-2006 02:13 AM
I remember playing the first team fortress(as it was one of the first online FPS's I played), and loving every second of it. TF2 looks even more amazing, and I love the new art style heh, cartoony/severed bodies is always good times Big Grin .
Sharpshooter005 09-02-2006 04:27 AM
Initially I thought "why does it look this way". Then I saw this new...pseudo ingame trailer (its all staged but its in engine and whatnot), anyway theres a scene where they show the spy, it goes to first person and apparently the knife is now a damn straight razor (maybe a butterfly knife) and the animation for it is this sort of..one handed flick to open it, at which point he backstabs a sniper and the camera just sits there for a minute with the spy half in the shadows looking awesome because the player model now has a cigarette in the mouth.

Thats when I decided I seriously need to fix my computer for this, as the new style just went from doubtful to awesome...also just judging by that video..is it me or does the spy now look like they have INVISIBILITY instead of the uniform swapping. Invisible spy with a straight razor slicing throats is maybe the most glorious concept I can think of.

quote:
PORTAL

Apparently the dialogue for that mysterious announcer voice in Portal is being written by the guy who used to run oldmanmurray