Bigs and Personalities

Robot7290 07-22-2006 02:41 AM
I was paying attention to the apearance of the Bigs, and noticed something.

Look at Big Fau. Pointed boots. A big collar. Everything decked out in the colors (or color scheme) depicting elegance. Elaborate wristcuffs. A tutu of sorts. A HEADRESS. Making a connection, Alex is pompous, extravagant, a braggart, showy, all of the qualities that seem to match his Big.

Then there's Roger. Black. Ground down. Unshowy. His shoes, they look like stamping pads, just designed for what it's supposed to do. The headress is small, thin, just covering his head (more like hair). The skirt is small as well. The arms and armguards are simple. One big black plate with gigantic rivets. Matches Roger's personality, and also his build.

Schwarztvald's is a bit harder to connect. Something I did notice is that, unlike Roger and Alex who wear suits which match the color of thier megadeuses, he does not wear any kind of red. Something I do notice is that red is the color of warding, of "stay away" in nature. Naturally, it represents fear. The connection is hard, but another thing I noticed, is that, like Schwarztvald, Big Duo goes through a change. Big Duo was brought back to life, while Schwarztvald kinda underwent a chnage, so to speak, of thought. More power hungry (as stated in episode 2 [or 3, I've forgotten]) he was before the change, then he truly realized what memories were.

Although the Big Duo/Schwarztvald connection is a little hard to make, he wasn't part of the final battle anyways. He was split from his megadeus and it was eventually obliterated.
ScionofDestiny 07-27-2006 08:03 AM
Schwartzwald's memories were (almost certainly) assimilated by Big Duo (as he is his true Dominus) and Big Duo used them to pass judgement on Allen. What remains of Schwartzwald in the last episode is just a 'phantom' of his old self - his memories, hopes, dreams, aspirations of one day finding the truth.
Diverse Considerations 07-27-2006 12:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Robot7290
Something I do notice is that red is the color of warding, of "stay away" in nature. Naturally, it represents fear.

Red is also the color of fire. And that makes perfect sense.
Big Jauln 07-27-2006 05:11 PM
I remember in one thread they talked about this. The connection they made with Schwartzwald and Big Duo is the clothes were in Act 12 Big Duo was in bandages like Schwartzwald and He also has a red shirt like Big Duo's red paint.
Robot7290 07-27-2006 05:56 PM
Didn't notice the red shirt, but you're right. Nice find.