AS grabs Trinity Blood; no GunxSword??

Paradigm Dog 07-15-2006 06:52 PM
The rumor has been confirmed by Animenewsnetwork. Adult Swim is going to run Trinity Blood (Gonzo's take on Trigun meets Hellsing) on September 9th with Bleach.

However, am I the only one suprised that it appears GunxSword will not be picked up by AS? It has a lot of hype surrounding it and seems like AS' type. Hmm...maybe g4TV will get their act together and run it on TV...eh, maybe not...
Mr. Fortnight 07-15-2006 11:24 PM
I so want to see Trinity Blood. One thing though, I am also glad G4 doesn't show Anime anymore. Alot of what they have shown were hack-jobs that would have flew on AS uncut or with far less editing.

The Fall is looking good for AS. Hopefully some former G4 shows could show up on there as well. I for one could use another dose of Last Exile, Silent Mobius and Gad Guard.

Oh... and R.O.D the TV.
David Ryder 07-16-2006 01:29 AM
Yeah I want to see Trinity Blood as well, however, I to am surprised they didn't get Gun x Sword, I'm buying the DVD's but it's a a safe show to show uncut on AS, and it's quite marketable.
Green_Bird 07-16-2006 01:09 PM
I have a feeling if they do pick up GunXSword, it will be like s-CRY-ed and end up on demand (if they're still doing that) first and then move up to the normal block if a lot of people watch it while it's on the on demand block.

Why must they play shows that I want to see, when we don't even have cable?
StevieV019 07-25-2006 08:16 AM
I heard Gun x Sword was horrible...based upon some reviews I read. It appears to be a blatant ripoff of Bebop and Trigun...which for the masses may work, but its certainly not unique...It seemed kind of artificial to me, and too "canned"...

Trinity Blood, meanwhile, looks very intriguing...Im looking forward to that coming to AS very much...
David Ryder 07-25-2006 09:45 AM
quote:
It appears to be a blatant ripoff of Bebop and Trigun

Which is an utter pack of lies. I never listen to biased reviews, oh say Anime News Network. It's does have some elements of Bebop and Trigun, but it is non the less a very fun show.
Green_Bird 07-25-2006 12:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
I heard Gun x Sword was horrible...based upon some reviews I read. It appears to be a blatant ripoff of Bebop and Trigun...which for the masses may work, but its certainly not unique...It seemed kind of artificial to me, and too "canned"...

I've seen a few episodes and i have to say it used ELEMENTS from Trigun and CB, along with a little s-CRY-ed mixed in due to the fact that Goro Taniguchi worked on both. But it's definitely not a rip off. Not to mention how is a mecha-type western in space a rip off of those shows anyway?
Schoolie 07-27-2006 07:40 PM
It's been a while since we've had a good "gun" anime out there. Lotsa mecha, fantasy, and such on AS (and I love 'em). But I'd like to have another show like Trigun or Cowboy Bebop. The closest in my mind was Samurai Champloo - which was a samurai anime but with the best spin possible.
Nine Kuze 09-11-2006 10:26 AM
Yeah, anybody else catch the first episode of Trinity Blood this Saturday?

quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
It appears to be a blatant ripoff of Bebop and Trigun

Um, I can see what Stevie's saying because Vash the Stampede is in this show. Not only is it the same VA from Trigun, but the character even looks and smilies like Vash. It's like after Trigun ended, Vash just grew out his hair and went platinum blonde with it for this show.

Anyway, the animation is pretty good and the first episode was alright. I wasn't all that interested until Abel (I think he's name is) said he was "a vampire that feeds off other vampires."

So, now I'm in.
Peace.
David Ryder 09-11-2006 10:52 AM
quote:
Um, I can see what Stevie's saying because Vash the Stampede is in this show.

Uhh, what? The main character in Gun x Sword is named Van. And yes it does have similarities to both Bebop and Trigun. I have the first two dvd's and it hardly a rip off of either. Also the voice actor is different, Johnny Yong Bosch was Vash, and David Vincent did Van.

As for Trinity Blood, it was decent. Nothing more, nothing less.
Nine Kuze 09-11-2006 10:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
quote:

Uhh, what? The main character in Gun x Sword is named Van. And yes it does have similarities to both Bebop and Trigun. I have the first two dvd's and it hardly a rip off of either. Also the voice actor is different, Johnny Yong Bosch was Vash, and David Vincent did Van.

No, no man. I was referring to Trinity Blood. Not GunxSword.
Peace.
David Ryder 09-11-2006 10:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
quote:

Peace.

Ah my bad. Yeah is do see where your coming from on that. Then again I was kinda not paying attention when it was on. Dead
Nine Kuze 09-11-2006 11:01 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
quote:

Peace.

Ah my bad. Yeah is do see where your coming from on that. Then again I was kinda not paying attention when it was on. Dead

I wasn't really either. Until he said he "was a vampire that feeds on other vampires". How fresh is that?

Also, I'm not seeing the Cowboy Bebop in this yet but I do sense a lot of Hellsing. Although, I not really feeling how their trying to pull off their Vactican with the kid as the Pope and the older sister as the advisor. Hellsing pulled it off much better and I'm hoping for more vampires in the future although, the vampire hijackin' the plane was a nice touch.
Peace.
Hollow XXVI 09-12-2006 01:28 AM
Trinity seems to have large hats, creepy smirking and a total ripoff of Castlevania's Alucard. (well, the SotN version) That's all I know.
Sharpshooter005 09-12-2006 04:02 AM
This show is pretty much every cliche I can think of crammed into the first episode alone (and remember, theres 25 left to go).

Also. Hats, hats, HATS

Finally, can someone explain this to me...
spoiler (highlight to read):
The vampires are what, aliens? Because thats sort of what I took that whole sequence of the giant saucer shaped flying machines which...apparently dropped samurai footsoldiers as suggesting
David Ryder 09-12-2006 07:42 AM
Yeah that UFO that dropped Vampires dressed as Knights was weird, and yeah, it's a cliche' show. I hope the other 26 episodes are a little better.
minespatch 09-12-2006 05:33 PM
what i read in icv2 magazine is that after the first three episodes it's a good series.

i was actually surprised that adult swim didn't pick up gun sword. by reaying that review in anime insider i really had high hopes for it to be in adult swim.

p.s. i was only really hoping to see van, since he reminds me of spike speegal in a way.
Schoolie 09-13-2006 08:18 PM
Okay show so far. I see the similarities with Trigun - goofy hero on the surface with some major mad-skills when it comes to fighting and a myserious past.

Sort of like Trigun meshing with Wolf's Rain setting. (Sorry, I haven't seen Hellsing yet.)
Sir Nise 09-13-2006 09:34 PM
i think it's about vampires or something. i only watched like a minute of it. it looks mediocre.
Paradigm Dog 09-16-2006 12:23 AM
I don't think the vampires are aliens...they're just more technologically advanced like some illuminati group.

Trinity Blood supposedly takes off after episode 3 I've heard on other boards. The series is very much a blatent mix of elements from Hellsing and Trigun; however, it does have its own aesthetic and elements that are very appealing. The setting is great, the politics are intriguing, and the portrayal of vampires seems more fresh than other like series. So far, it feels like it'll be a fun watch in the vein of darker anime from the 90s, though the animation will only be mid-level since it's post 2000. The character Tres is awesome, but so far it sounds like the English VA won't come close to the Japanese performance, which will hurt the character's appeal. Abel's VA and others sound right, though.

All things considered, overall, this might be the best anime on TV right now.

PS...I do wonder if Adult Swim will pick up GunXSword in the future. Perhaps it depends on if other heavy hitters come out of Japan before Adult Swim makes their next picks.