AS grabs Trinity Blood; no GunxSword??

Paradigm Dog 10-08-2006 01:20 PM
"Ghost lady a ripoff of Rose from FMA?" I'm not seeing that at all, unless it's from the Shambala movie (which I haven't seen yet). Sister Kate is a hologram transported from a floating battleship from what I gather...She might even be an AI, though the herbal tea thing wouldn't make sense then. Personally, Sister Kate is the best female character in the series in my opinion when she's doing her regular job.

Never mind all that. This episode was terrible!!! Talk about a waste of a half-hour. Everything just seems so scatter-brained, inane, or forced. I think it was a rush job. Too bad. It could have been a decent series. Maybe if it gets back up to the level of the episode 1 flashback with the knights, has less Esther, more Gunslinger action, and less Abel comedy, it can redeem itself some. I get the feeling the manga is tons better, and more gritty, from what I've seen of the cover artwork.

As for FMA, I agree with most of the sentiments. That series did not need to be 50-some episodes long. If it was condensed, it would have been a lot stronger. Nevertheless, because it did have some great arcs, great fights, and the unique story really came together brilliantly, I have to give FMA props. It was hard to watch at times, but a great series overall. If nothing else, BONES' solid to outstanding moving artwork in the series gave it a big boost. BONES is really good at getting natural movement in anime...probably consistantly better than anyone else in the biz at this point. Trinity Blood is nothing like it so far.

GunXSword: I just finished episode 12 and the series is finally starting to get it together. I don't know if it can sustain this, though. However, this is a case of a series not having a good interim story--it's main plot is the only thing that makes it work. Episode 12, like that earlier Golden Cradle island episode, shows off what this series could have been, however. It had the right elements in place, just sloppy execution overall it seems. And the action in the first 2 episodes was really a teaser. This series has been few and far between in good battles, which would have helped balance out its weaknesses in execution. I hope ep. 13 doesn't disappoint after the build-up. I have to say, I am becoming a fan of Ray, cause he just goes in there and tries to get the job done. lol.
David Ryder 10-08-2006 03:46 PM
quote:
Ghost lady a ripoff of Rose from FMA?

Yeah, I'm not seeing that either, and I suspect it's just FMA fan ramblings. Although I will admit that Trinity Blood thus far has done nothing original, and honestly I don't expect it too.

Yeah, the Manga and Novel are tons better from what I hear. The series didn't turn out so hot since the creator died and had zero control over his work.
Raven 10-08-2006 04:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
quote:

Yeah, I'm not seeing that either, and I suspect it's just FMA fanboy ramblings.

I am pretty sure he is talking about Esther there... He said the same thing about Esther earlier in the thread.
Nine Kuze 10-09-2006 03:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I'm not seeing that either, and I suspect it's just FMA fanboy ramblings.

I am pretty sure he is talking about Esther there... He said the same thing about Esther earlier in the thread.

Thank you, Raven.

And I watched the episode over again. I guess it was an episode to introduce more characters and to show that Ester might be developing a lil' somethin' as far as feelings go for ol' boy Abel.

But ya, ditto on the bad episode part. Too bad I started the series and I have to watch the whole thing now. Wow.
Peace.
Ano Hito 10-09-2006 02:17 PM
f*** I can't stand Greg Ayer's kid voices. How the hell did he beat out other people in auditions?

And why is the Pope a kid anyway? Why is a woman a cardinal? Why would the Catholic church suffer a witch or vampire to live? Why do Japanese people understand absolutely nothing about christianity?

Saturday's episode was boring as hell.
Nine Kuze 10-09-2006 02:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ano Hito
f*** I can't stand Greg Ayer's kid voices. How the hell did he beat out other people in auditions?

And why is the Pope a kid anyway? Why is a woman a cardinal? Why would the Catholic church suffer a witch or vampire to live? Why do Japanese people understand absolutely nothing about christianity?

Saturday's episode was boring as hell.

Who's Greg Ayer doing the VA for again? Also, good questions because that kind of makes no sense either. Why is the Pope a kid and why is he such a bitch? Why is the woman (I think his sister) a cardinal and why is she such an annoying ripoff of Cate Blanchett?

I'm not really answering any questions but just going even deeper. Alucard must be spinning in his grave... literally.
Peace.
Valdoom 10-09-2006 03:19 PM
Is it just me or do they introduce a whole new set of characters every episode, most of which only last for an episode as is.
Nine Kuze 10-09-2006 03:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Valdoom
Is it just me or do they introduce a whole new set of characters every episode, most of which only last for an episode as is.

No, that's not you. That is exactly what there are doing, and its asinine.

Also, I was wondering when they were going to play the Abel/Esther "love?" thing. The ending theme makes sense in that regard, too bad its the only thing that remotely does in this series so far.
Peace.
David Ryder 10-09-2006 03:53 PM
quote:
he ending theme makes sense in that regard, too bad its the only thing that remotely does in this series so far.

You know a show is bad when the ending theme is the only thing that makes sense. And yes, I see no point in intoducing ten new characters each episode.

Gun x Sword would have been the smarter choice to pick up.
Scourge 10-11-2006 09:31 PM
I was kinda turned off at first by the costume designs. Abel's super mode looks ridiculous. Most of the characters in this series I've seen dozens of times.

I was alright with the female cardinal, the church is weighting the idea of having female priestsnow so in the future, why not, I guess. Though the fact that every other female is a nun kinda messes up that excuse... so nvm

Though the straw that broke the camel's back was that ridiculous excuse for a pope. Do they honestly expect me to believe that there was no better candidate for Pope than a snivling excuse for a human being?

If there is a love story between Abel and Esther I will officially stop watching this show. Catholics priests and nuns in a romantic relationship? Never!

(Is one concerned catholic)
Raven 10-15-2006 12:17 AM
Wow, that was the first episode without Abel or Esther and that was the first episode I actually enjoyed. I wish the main character could be as cool as Sword Dancer was. That Vega looking guy needed some work on the personality side of things, but he was definitely a badass. Decapitating that vampire was the highlight of the series so far. Though it does seem odd to me that every nun on this show is young, pretty, and completely dumb.
Ano Hito 10-15-2006 02:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge

Though the straw that broke the camel's back was that ridiculous excuse for a pope. Do they honestly expect me to believe that there was no better candidate for Pope than a snivling excuse for a human being?

The only explanation I can come up with is that supposedly sometime in the future the papacy becomes a monarchy in that the title of "Pope", like "king" is handed down through heridity.
David Ryder 10-15-2006 05:18 PM
The last episode was actually, decent. Although a Diamond in the rough isn't enough to change my opinion. The show still stinks.
Scourge 10-15-2006 09:05 PM
Yeah, I wanted to know more about the Sword Dancer more than the main characters, he seemed rather interesting but I have a feeling he'll just float off into obscurity.

Also why are all the nuns young, attractive, and innocent to the point of idiocy. I've never met a nun like that, I'm used to the Blues Brothers' nun, a deliever of pain.
Nine Kuze 10-16-2006 10:14 AM
Um, I seem to be the only one that didn't like this episode. Although the direction was better here then the rest of the episodes combined, something about it still didn't fit with me.

The Vega look-like (good call, Raven. I thought I was the only one thinking the same thing) was cool but a little one dimensional. But I wished they brought him in sooner.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Though it does seem odd to me that every nun on this show is young, pretty, and completely dumb.

Oh you caught that too? Also its annoying that they are all basically the same, just different hair and eye color. Seriously, aside from Esther, I can't tell them apart.
Peace.
Paradigm Dog 10-17-2006 05:49 PM
...This series should have been about Gunslinger and Sword Dancer.

The episode didn't seem to have to do with anything, but the Sword Dancer character was pretty cool and the vampire mob was interesting. The writing was a little better, but nothing to write home about. They led me on into thinking Gunslinger would get some action, but no such luck.

Yeah, I'm sick of all the weak women characters, too. It's uncalled for. They all seem the same and it's just wrong. I think Kate stands out as the best; Esther is just as bad as the rest.

FUNNY NOTE: The episode was called 'Sword Dancer'...Episode 3 of Hellsing was called 'Sword Dancer'!!! lol.
David Ryder 10-17-2006 09:45 PM
quote:
The episode was called 'Sword Dancer'...Episode 3 of Hellsing was called 'Sword Dancer'!!!

A coincidence? I think not. Knowing this show, I'm pretty sure theres more to it.
Nine Kuze 10-18-2006 01:02 AM
quote:
quote:
The episode was called 'Sword Dancer'...Episode 3 of Hellsing was called 'Sword Dancer'!!!

A coincidence? I think not. Knowing this show, I'm pretty sure theres more to it.

Get your lawsuit on, Hellsing. That is if you haven't already because there's really a lot of material for you to work with on this case.

quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
...This series should have been about Gunslinger and Sword Dancer.

Although the series still would be sorry, it would have been a tad bit more interesting. Man, you'd think a character that was a vampire who fed on other vampires wouldn't be so damn campy. Also, I agree with P-Dog on the quality of this episode. The writing was indeed better and there actually was a plot except for the girl, who was a waste of time and a VA.
Peace.
Raven 10-22-2006 12:49 AM
And yet another new character who is way cooler than Abel... I am starting to like this growing trend. The episode was a bit interesting and disturbing with it's experimentations on children and hints of child rape.

I wonder where they were shipping those kids to...
Nine Kuze 10-22-2006 12:50 AM
*Damn you, double post. Damn you*
*Beat me to the punch, Raven*

Anyway, if anyone here was smart enough not to watch the latest episode tonight, I'll hook you up with that.

If you're wondering what theme Trinity Blood ripped off this week, the answer is Peter Pan. Yes seriously, Peter Pan. Anyway, Abel made a comeback and him and a prisoner (Leon) went to an island to arrest a scientist and kill genetically created vampries that he created.

Now, you're probably askin' "But Nine, you said that it rips off Peter Pan?"And trust me, it does. See, on this island is nothing but kids who hate adults who never want to grow up and the episode is called "Never Land".

Wait, there's more. The main two kids are named (take a damn wild guess) Peter and Wendy. At this point, I was laughing and Peter and Wendy are one of the genetic vampires that were created. So yes, ripoffs of the Wendy and Peter Pan characters that are also vampires. There were also fairies. Yeah, read that again. Vampire fairies that were powered to fly by something called the "Tinkerball System".

So yeah, if you didn't watch this episode then all the power to you. Also, my favorite laughable scene was when Wendy gave Abel his sugar with his coffee and drugged him with a truth serum. Then, Wendy climbed on Abel's lap, facing him and asked him a bunch of questions. The sexual position by Wendy on Abel just made me think of the whole Vactican and pedohile thing so yeah, good job tonight Trinity Blood.

Damn good job. Also Leon should have killed Wendy first then, Peter. Of course, no one ever kills the kids in this show.
Peace.