AS grabs Trinity Blood; no GunxSword??

Sharpshooter005 09-24-2006 03:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
After what, 3 or 4 episodes one would like think soemthing interesting would have happened. And like wise, I'm still not digging this show.

Don't worry, from what I've seen then you already know the plot to this show. You've seen it in its entirety three or four different times already in various things.

I've actually just distilled this entire series down to some sort of weird "keep a running count of how much stuff they rip off" game.
David Ryder 09-24-2006 03:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
After what, 3 or 4 episodes one would like think soemthing interesting would have happened. And like wise, I'm still not digging this show.

Don't worry, from what I've seen then you already know the plot to this show. You've seen it in its entirety three or four different times already in various things.

I've actually just distilled this entire series down to some sort of weird "keep a running count of how much stuff they rip off" game.

yeah, I have this felling it's something almong the lines of "They burnded down my church, time for revenge!" type deal. That and they have seemingly used several ideas from Trigun, and Hellsing, while forgetting the concept originality.
Paradigm Dog 09-25-2006 10:14 AM
Needless to say, I was...underwhelmed by Episode 3. Then again, most, if not all, of the new anime on CN really isn't moving very effectively plot-wise.

The rumor is Trinity Blood picks up from Ep. 4 onward. Here's hoping.

Sister Ester's big eyes kind of bother me when there's a lot of more realisitic looking characters around her. I noticed that this series isn't as interesting without Tres "Gunslinger" Equies in there to bring a different dynamic. The political presentation isn't too bad so far. As you say, there are a fair number of cues from past anime, but the more "romantic/gothic" visual aestehtic is still setting itself apart from the others thankfully. I'll just try and enjoy it for what it is, and maybe it'll turn out better than expected.

an UPDATE on GunXSword (I won't spoil anything): I got the 3rd DVD and watched the 1st episode off it. I can now say that this series, despite its classic journey setup, is very, very unique--eclectic would be a better word, almost. The problem is, almost every episode has a different vibe (some are really goofy and put you off), and the best episodes are usually those few that deal with the main plot in full. The series doesn't have a lot of focus now and is slow and drifting. It has a lot of potential, but it's not being used right now. Outside the pacing, one of the biggest letdowns is the lack of solid action.

EDIT#2 (10/1) Trinity Blood Episode 4 was not the step forward I had hoped and had been told it would be. The limited animation is starting to get to me. lol. Beyond that, all the drama seems rushed and almost inane. Plus, Ester might end up being an annoying character and steal too much spotlight time. Right now, "Gunslinger" is perhaps the only redeeming element of this show--I love that character. A few of the historical references to the UN and such are intriguing, as well, I suppose. It's a shame, because as uninspired as a lot of the material is, this series could have been pretty solid and fun if it was executed with more class and balance. I still think it might have a few good episodes hidden in it somewhere, but it doesn't have me enthusiastic anymore.

For GunxSword, I've seen it through episode 10, and it's suffering from a bumbling script with too much comedy and a lot of bad side-stories/side-characters. It'll probably pick up toward the end, but I'm about ready to give up on the series.
Raven 10-02-2006 01:05 AM
Wow, this show just seems like rushed garbage at this point. The whole plot with the count was squeezed together way to quickly and it all came out like one big mess in the end. I don’t think I even need to mentioned how boring and clichéd the plot twists are…

I also had a good laugh at that one guys speech near the end of the episode. I didn’t quite understand why he went through all that trouble to complete his plan and then went right ahead and screwed himself over. To me, most of these character actions don’t seem very well written at all. I’ll have to give it a few more episodes to see if it fixes up these holes.
David Ryder 10-02-2006 06:54 AM
Yuck, this show just isn't getting any better. The characters are dull and very boring., animation is ok, and the Music is lacking. I do however, think the show would be much better if the Manga creator hadn't died, and had actual control over his work.

I also got Gun x Sword Vol. 3, and PD is correct. I do think GxS is a fun show but it has got to lay of the weird formula it has going, I.e one comedy episode and then one dealing with the main plot. The main plot is fairly well done, but the show can't make up it's mind where it wants to go.
Nine Kuze 10-02-2006 09:00 AM
Like Raven and Gaddes said, the show right now is basically a huge rushjob with no REAL direction right now. And I'm starting to see all the damn cliches everyone is cryin' about but that's not the worse thing about the show at the moment. And the garbage statement was on point as well.

Also, is that girl (Sister Esther) the same one in the ending credits? Seems like there's going to be a rleationship for her with Abel down the road maybe? Although this makes me wonder about the other two girls and why they basically disappeared. Just bad direction really is what's killing it for me. Also, what the hell is the plot here? I know there seems to be a war between the Vactian and the vampires but they don't seem to be going into it at all and are getting sidetracked so damn much.

*shrugs*
Peace.
David Ryder 10-02-2006 09:18 AM
quote:
a war between the Vactian

If they think they can ride that horse for 26 episodes, and hope to keep people interested, then they need to think again.

I was hoping that TB would turn out ok, but so far, it's hard as hell to understand just what is going on.
Raven 10-02-2006 06:05 PM
I really hope Sister Esther isn’t a main character… She’s such a dull, overly done main character. She’s just another one of those heroines that bitches the whole time about truth and justice but can’t do a thing to back up her words. Now that the count is gone though, what real involvement could she have?

As for Abel, his super form was just silly. He got owned early on in the episode, but then easily beat that guy later on. The creators seem to totally ignore the fact that he somehow got hurt from a few punches near the beginning when they showed him just shaking off that impalement. If he was that badass, why did he need the robot to cut him free of a few ropes?
Nine Kuze 10-02-2006 07:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
I really hope Sister Esther isn’t a main character… She’s such a dull, overly done main character. She’s just another one of those heroines that bitches the whole time about truth and justice but can’t do a thing to back up her words. Now that the count is gone though, what real involvement could she have?

As for Abel, his super form was just silly. He got owned early on in the episode, but then easily beat that guy later on. The creators seem to totally ignore the fact that he somehow got hurt from a few punches near the beginning when they showed him just shaking off that impalement. If he was that badass, why did he need the robot to cut him free of a few ropes?

That's true about Esther and I could have sworn that I've seen her before on another anime. Although Rose from FMA was a much better character (BURN?!). He really is ruining the whole "vampire that feeds on other vampires" thing for me. And I keep thinking to what (I think it was Ano) said that Alucard would tear him apart. You know that one scene from American History X (you know what I'm talkin' about)? Yeah, it would be like that in a fight between the two. Alucard ftw.

Abel's super form is as stupid as it looks. And it does look rather damn stupid. I understand the "be a simpleton one minute and then be a super warrior the next" like how Vash did his thing in Trigun but Abel's actions (like Raven posted) don't make that much sense.

I like the robot guy and although the show's direction is complete crap like a Michael Bay movie, I'll keep watching and hope this anime goes somewhere in a decent direction.
Peace.
David Ryder 10-03-2006 03:43 AM
quote:
"be a simpleton one minute and then be a super warrior the next"

Indeed. However atleast, Trigun did it right. Trinity Blood, it's like they watched other anime shows and then threw a dart at a dart board with random ideas attached to it, to see what would "work" in the next episode.

And yes Sister Ester is dull as hell.
minespatch 10-03-2006 01:35 PM
i know i love this series, but why do i have this feeling that he was watching Hellsing during his spare time?
Sharpshooter005 10-03-2006 04:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by minespatch
why do i have this feeling that he was watching Hellsing during his spare time?

Because this show pretty much has absolutely no original concepts in it from what I've seen.

It's like ordering one of those sampler appetizers at a restaurant. Is it bad? You've had worse. But any of the elements you really, really like are in very short supply.
Raven 10-08-2006 12:12 AM
I find myself talking to a friend over the net and we add in our own Mystery Science Theater 3000 comments during every episode of this. I can think of no other reason than that to continue watching Trinity Blood.
David Ryder 10-08-2006 12:15 AM
Another dull episode, but that seems to be the norm with Trinity Blood. It's also funny since Funimation was hyping this up as the next FMA.
Raven 10-08-2006 12:18 AM
quote:
Another dull episode, but that seems to be the norm with Trinity Blood. It's also funny since Funimation was hyping this up as the next FMA.

Well if anything, the main characters are just as annoying in both shows so they at least lived up to the hype in some sense. I did manage to watch through FMA once though which probably won't be the case here...
David Ryder 10-08-2006 12:20 AM
quote:
quote:

Well if anything, the main characters are just as annoying in both shows so they at least lived up to the hype in some sense. I did manage to watch through FMA once though which probably won't be the case here...

Indeed. Like wise, atleast I made it threw FMA, although that's gonna be doubtful for Trinity Blood.
Nine Kuze 10-08-2006 12:22 AM
Their hyping this as the next FMA? Goddamn.

Also, what the hell was going on in this episode? I was paying like half attention but still, it just seems like its all over the place.
Peace.
David Ryder 10-08-2006 12:25 AM
quote:
Their hyping this as the next FMA?

Yep, although Funimation does this with everything they release on AS.

And yeah, I wasn't paying attention either. Fighting Fatalis in MHF is more interesting than Trinity Blood.
Raven 10-08-2006 12:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Also, what the hell was going on in this episode? I was paying like half attention but still, it just seems like its all over the place.
Peace.

I honestly couldn't tell you. I think they were giving introductions to a few more clichéd characters, but I wasn’t paying that close of attention to it. I still didn’t understand the ghost lady myself.
Nine Kuze 10-08-2006 12:28 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Peace.

I honestly couldn't tell you. I think they were giving introductions to a few more clichéd characters, but I wasn’t paying that close of attention to it. I still didn’t understand the ghost lady myself.

Yeah, that was just bad. The whole ghost lady thing and Esther is starting to piss me off. Such a ripoff of Rose from FMA.
Peace.