AS grabs Trinity Blood; no GunxSword??

Valdoom 09-16-2006 09:06 AM
Trinity Blood, I don't know...I kind of like it so far. As for it being a cheap knockoff, It's kinda hard these days to come up with something "completely" original.
Nine Kuze 09-16-2006 04:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
All things considered, overall, this might be the best anime on TV right now.

PS...I do wonder if Adult Swim will pick up GunXSword in the future. Perhaps it depends on if other heavy hitters come out of Japan before Adult Swim makes their next picks.

Do you mean best newest anime on right now? Because that statement would be less absurd than the original one.

I'd also like to see GunxSword since I've heard some good things about it and the main character, Van I think ol' boy's name is, seems pretty interesting.
Peace.
Paradigm Dog 09-16-2006 04:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
All things considered, overall, this might be the best anime on TV right now.

PS...I do wonder if Adult Swim will pick up GunXSword in the future. Perhaps it depends on if other heavy hitters come out of Japan before Adult Swim makes their next picks.

Do you mean best newest anime on right now? Because that statement would be less absurd than the original one.

I'd also like to see GunxSword since I've heard some good things about it and the main character, Van I think ol' boy's name is, seems pretty interesting.
Peace.

Absurd? Chill. What other anime do we have right now that is still showing new episodes to the US:

Eureka 7
Naruto
BoBoBo
Bleach
Trinity Blood
Inu Yasha

Hmm...I don't see any out of that list that are vastly superior. Eureka 7 and Naruto could be argued, but Trinity Blood is perhaps the best i nthe overall sense.
David Ryder 09-16-2006 05:01 PM
I will agree with PD on the Eureka 7 Seven is indeed the best anime on T.V at the moment. However Trinity Blood is showing some promise, so it could turn out decently.

As for Gun x Sword, if all else fails, buy the DVD's.
Nine Kuze 09-16-2006 05:26 PM
Wait, maybe I'm not getting this right but with the statement "the best anime on right now", you could include Ghost in the Shell and FMA for example. I myself don't want to go that far, but like ol' boy Gaddes said, Trinity Blood does show some nice promise in the future. Hell, I've just seen one episode and that was alright.

quote:
Absurd? Chill. What other anime do we have right now that is still showing new episodes to the US:

Okay, then based off of this statement, I going to assume that you mean that Trinity Blood is the best "newest" anime on the air right now and that I was correct in assuming that was you meant in the first place.

Besides, I'm still hung up on the part that Abel said he was "a vampire that feeds on other vampires."
Peace.
Paradigm Dog 09-16-2006 06:57 PM
It's cool. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Just so I set the record straight and prevent any further misunderstanding, I only meant this:

GITS and FMA are very good, but they've both finished their runs on TV in the US, so I consider them old, and thus they aren't even on the radar anymore for me. The anime on TV I'm talking about is the anime still showing new episodes on TV, whether they be ongoing or just starting.

*Eureka 7 is not decisively the best show on for me, personally, because while it's excellent in its drama and uniqueness overall, its story is all over the place and the action isn't in there often enough to balance out the show's development. However, one thing is for sure about this show: Eureka 7 is the best in animation quality--Studio BONES seems to have that nailed down these days.

**Trinity Blood has a lot of promise, as you said. And while it's not the most unique by any means, and its animation could use some work, it feels like it might have a good balance of action and story, and it has a stylish darkness to it that you don't often get in anime these days. For these reasons, I'm slowly leaning toward it being my favorite on TV at the moment.

***The only reason I said Naruto could be a contender, is because Studio Pierrot puts together some good action scenes, the story--though not amazing--is interesting enough, there's some good character drama, and it has a lot of unique creativity in it. It's just a series you can have a lot of fun with to some degree on different levels because of its clever, balanced mixture of seriousness and comedy.

That said, while these are my favorite three on TV right now, they're not even close to my personal favorite anime list. I'm just working with what we've got on TV (IE: what has new episodes for TV). Each one has their weaknesses and strengths.

Two side notes:

Abel being a vampire that feeds on other vampires is a nice twist, I thought. I hate it when its always "humans, be afraid of vampires." Now the vampires have a monster chasing them. heh.

GunxSword--I've gotten the first 2 DVDs, and it's not even close to living up to its potential. It's pretty unique and there have been maybe 2 or so awesome episodes, but it meanders too often and doesn't always take itself seriously enough. Sadly, the animation isn't much better than Trinity Blood. The English dub is very average, unfortunately, and doesn't do hardly any of the charcters justice--ESPECIALLY Van. The English VA is too flat. I mean, Van's supposed to be flat, but he has an underlying rage in him that gives him a dynamic flatness. The English VA just doesn't give those subtlties that make the character unique. Still, Gunxsword would be worth seeing on TV.
Nine Kuze 09-18-2006 11:53 AM
No problem, Paradigm Dog. I see where you're coming from.

I liked last night's episode and I was going to tape it during the second run but then I ended up waking up to Bleach's theme song (which is pretty good I think) so I forgot that.

Anyway, I liked the little girl (I forget her name) and her connection with Abel and also the last scene with them and the robotic hunter nice. I think this might get better and what are all these cliches that I keep hearing folks complain about?
Peace.
David Ryder 09-18-2006 05:35 PM
I watched last nights episode, I don't know, I'm still not to impressed with Trinity Blade, maybe the next episode will be better.
Ano Hito 09-18-2006 07:37 PM
I can't help but think that Alucard would eat Abel for breakfast.
minespatch 09-18-2006 09:17 PM
i don't know what you guys are talking about, but i like "trinity blood". if you don't like my opinion, don't quote me.
Nine Kuze 09-19-2006 05:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ano Hito
I can't help but think that Alucard would eat Abel for breakfast.

Oh, you don't have to think that. Because he would. Definetly.
Peace.
Valdoom 09-19-2006 07:08 PM
hmm...Alucard...Dracula?
Alucard?
Dracula?
you seeing it?
I'm confused on the story I think it's ok as of far, but I startin to think not.
Nine Kuze 09-19-2006 07:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Valdoom
hmm...Alucard...Dracula?
Alucard?
Dracula?
you seeing it?
I'm confused on the story I think it's ok as of far, but I startin to think not.

Yes. Its pretty much a well known fact that Alucard could (and probably) is in fact Dracula. Hell, in one of the episodes Alucard himself said that his name was an anagram. So yeah. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by minespatch
i don't know what you guys are talking about, but i like "trinity blood". if you don't like my opinion, don't quote me.

We won't.

EDIT: I like the supporting girls in the anime so far. Like the girl in the pilot episode (Jessica) and the mutant from the last episode (her name escapes me). Also, I still think Abel is Vash.
Peace.
minespatch 09-19-2006 11:09 PM
i just like the series since they arn't attacking the vatican like hellsing is. though, i have the volumes of the manga for hellsing. reason why? i try to ignore the fact Kouta Hirano is attacking the christian organization and just enjoy the adventure bits.
Ano Hito 09-20-2006 02:37 PM
meh, I see it as a political grudge match between the Anglican and Roman Catholic church, and less about the religion.
Nine Kuze 09-20-2006 03:59 PM
In the pilot episode, it looked like it was going in the same direction as Hellsing and I was hoping for an all-out assult against the Vactican (shout out to Anderson). But then again, I don't care about religion myself much and I think Ano Hito is right about the grudge between politics. Although, so far that hasn't been shown all that much at the moment.
Peace.
Raven 09-24-2006 02:31 AM
So far, that Marquis is the only sweet thing about this show. I really have nothing else to add…
David Ryder 09-24-2006 02:47 AM
After what, 3 or 4 episodes one would like think something interesting would have happened. And like wise, I'm still not digging this show.
Valdoom 09-24-2006 10:55 AM
It's an addition to AS's "Acton Saturdays" but, I still don't thinks it's anywhere near as good as the show it replaced(Ghost in the Shell) or any of the other shows that could have that spot. I would also just like to say that in my experience I only watched the first 5 episodes of Big O because they were on. After Big O got farther in I loved it.
Gummibear 09-24-2006 02:53 PM
I caught it last night for the first time. Haha, I could have sworn that was the pilot episode, even though it isn't. I'm kind of diggin' what I saw, though. Smile