Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z

Diverse Considerations 07-13-2006 11:58 PM
I just have a bad feeling it'll never capture the same magic as the "Beat-Alls" episode.

Utonium: Don't worry about it Blossom, they're just a rock group.
Blossom: What?
Utonium: You know, they're a group and then Fuzzy does that thing with the rock at the end.

Or something like that...
evanASF27 07-14-2006 12:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
quote:
Originally posted by Diverse Considerations
Why do their transformations look like strip club dances?! Confused

It's the Japanese.

You remember Sailor Moon, right? Same thing, only with only three girls, and they fight a monkey instead of... whatever the hell they fought in Sailor Moon.

But weren't the sailor scouts slightly older than these 'new' Powerpuffs?
Asirt 07-14-2006 12:44 AM
quote:
But weren't the sailor scouts slightly older than these 'new' Powerpuffs?

Check Umino's post for the answer. I was close, though. Tongue

In case you're wondering, the Z Girls are 13 years old.
Tickle Tickle 07-15-2006 06:19 PM
I'm surprised to see so many people dislike it. I've seen some of the first episode, it's okay. Not terrible, but not outstanding ethier. It's pretty cute, I like the designs. The main turnoff is the whole "OMFG LOLICON" feeling to it. (Mainly during those godawful henshin scenes)

quote:
I believe they were about 16 to 17 years old depending on the person. Course, it's been a while since I've last seen Sailor Moon, but I do recall that. Umino would answer that question better than I can.

You bet I can! Wink

The Sailor Senshi (minus the Outers, and any other later Senshi) are 14 at the beginning of the series. At the end of the series, they're all about 16-17.
Asirt 11-11-2006 09:30 AM
PPGZ IS NOW CANCELED!!

According to a source who wishes not to be mentioned, People from all over the world have been looking forward to the cancellation of the new animated series that was airing in Japan. Apparently fans of the show say it's "way too girly" and "doesn't have enough action to even compare to the original". TV Tokyo made the announcement Saturday morning.

And if the news can't get any better, it does! According to the source, Toei Animation and Cartoon Network secretly made a "Plan B" in case PPGZ didn't work out. A spin-off series aired today, featuring the most popular villains in the PPG universe. Watch this space for further details.

---------------------

Sorry, guys, but I had to make a prank on you people in honor of the newest episode. It matches the theme; boys playing tricks on people, being embarrassed by it, nasty humor, etc. The good thing was, I knew some of you would believe me the minute I mentioned the words "PPGZ" and "canceled" in the same sentence. Think of it this way: the series may not see a second season, so it's not the end of the world or anything. Expect this thread to change back to its normal state soon. Tongue

----------------------

quote:
Godawful henshin scenes.

Frown You gotta admit, though; that henshin music sure is catchy. Wink
David Ryder 11-11-2006 11:44 AM
Haha. While i'm not fond of the original, it's good to know that it's going to be canceled. Here's hoping the spin off tanks as well.
Asirt 11-11-2006 12:05 PM
Turner Broadcasting has now reserved PPGZ domains.

quote:
Registrant: Make this info private
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
One CNN Center
13N
Atlanta, GA 30303
US

Domain Names: POWERPUFFGIRLSZ.TV / PPGZ.COM / PPGZ.NET /
PPGZ.TV

Administrative Contact :
Name Manager, Domain
tmgroup@turner.com
TBS Legal Department
One CNN Center
13N
Atlanta, GA 30348
US
Phone: 404-827-3470
Fax: 404-827-1995

Technical Contact :
Server Operations, TBS
hostmaster@tbsnames.turner.com
One CNN Center
Atlanta, GA 30348
US
Phone: 404 827 5000
Fax: 404 827 1593

Record expires on 15-Jan-2007
Record created on 15-Jan-2004
Database last updated on 11-Oct-2006

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

TWDNS-01.NS.AOL.COM 149.174.213.151
TWDNS-02.NS.AOL.COM 152.163.239.216
TWDNS-03.NS.AOL.COM 205.188.146.88
TWDNS-04.NS.AOL.COM 64.12.147.120

Show underlying registry data for this record

Current Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
IP Address: 1.1.1.1 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
IP Location: -(-)
Record Type: Domain Name
Server Type: Indeterminate
Lock Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
DMOZ no listings
Y! Directory: see listings
Secure: No
E-commerce: No
Traffic Ranking: Not available

This means that the anime is now licensed. Note that the CN broadcast was expected since day one. However, this is new news for those wondering how the English dub will be handled.

This article also confirms this.

quote:
This direct interaction with local TV stations has also resulted in a new approach. Toei has created an anime version of the popular American Cartoon Network series, "Powerpuff Girls Z," giving it a distinctly Japanese look. "And They're Off! Powerpuff Girls Z" is currently being aired on the TV Tokyo network and is scheduled to be shown worldwide on Cartoon Network in the near future.

Japan's cultivated technology and know-how are resulting in a new type of "chemical reaction" when brought together with foreign talent and products. Said GDH President Shinichiro Ishikawa: "I want to create something we've never seen before in Japanese anime."

According to forum member Starks from "To The Z!", The voice actors who voices the character "Buttercup" and "Bubbles" in the original, may NOT be voiced in this new version when it hits the states.

EDIT - This bit of news is indeed true, but not for the RRBZ.

-----------------

The reviews are in! People are really spreading the love for the RRBZ, as expected!

quote:
Overall judgment so far, because I don't think I need subtitles to know how crappy this show is. It's fine to make the boys as big as assholes as they are, but man! COME ON! have them take a swing at the girls' face or something! God damn shoujou series!! ARR!!

quote:
No fighting makes me angry!
God! The name of the show is Rowdyruff Boys Z!! Why the hell King Mojo got the fighting scene???
Beside, the robot he used was the same he used in the PPGZ pilot, and the girls did almost the same move, but with less action (the pilot fight was much better).
I can say I'm totally disappointed with this episode. Sure it was really funny, but it hardly showed the RRBZ's potential, they just looked like a bunch of brats....and worse...the girls are taller!! What the hell?!

quote:
This action lacks the action based battle of the original PPG vs RRB. IT SUCKS!

This is true. A lot of people have been pretty disappointed with this episode because it did not live up to the original episode. However, one person pointed this out:

quote:
I think the reason this episode won't receive good press is because people don't look into something. The boys were quite genius in this episode, and I highly doubt anyone else picked up on it. They caused more destruction in Tokyo City than any other villain before them, they didn't have to physically do anything themselves, and they didn't even get attacked by the Powerpuff Girls Z.

Before you judge them, you need to seriously examine what at this point I believe is their real motive. They manipulated Mojo and the Powerpuff Girls Z to accomplish several things, not the least of which are:

1) Getting Mojo to seriously massacre the city on a large scale
2) Cause Mojo to get the crap beat out of him by both the citizens and the Powerpuff Girls Z
3) Get away from the Powerpuff Girls Z untouched
4) Escape from Mojo without lifting a finger against him

Really if it was me in the place of the PPGZ, I'd be seriously worried about the RRBs in the future, considering their obvious manipulative skills. Particularly considering that they appear to be much younger than the girls.
David Ryder 11-11-2006 03:32 PM
quote:
It's Nasty and Manly! Rowdyruff Boys Z

Hahaha, that's an awesome and very engrish title, I love it!
Scourge 11-11-2006 09:41 PM
Hmm nasty and manly... hardcore guy on guy action?
Nine Kuze 11-12-2006 02:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
Hmm nasty and manly... hardcore guy on guy action?

Oh my...

So, they ditched the chicks for the bruhs huh? I don't know, its an interesting gesture to give the RRBZ their own spinoff but I don't see it being that successful without the original concept of the PPGZ.

And besides, they aren't going to have an all-out battle between the two? I fell cheated. They hustled the hustla.
Peace.
Asirt 11-12-2006 10:02 AM
I'm posting this again because some people still seem to think there's a spin-off.

quote:
Originally posted by Asirt
Sorry, guys, but I had to make a prank on you people in honor of the newest episode. It matches the theme; boys playing tricks on people, being embarrassed by it, nasty humor, etc. The good thing was, I knew some of you would believe me the minute I mentioned the words "PPGZ" and "canceled" in the same sentence. Think of it this way: the series may not see a second season, so it's not the end of the world or anything. Expect this thread to change back to its normal state soon Tongue

In other words, it's episode 20, not a new series. Tongue

As I said before, the series may end at episode 26. It depends highly on the success in Japan. Although sources say 52 half hour episodes, there is still some confusion on the amount of episodes expected.

quote:
And besides, they aren't going to have an all-out battle between the two? I fell cheated. They hustled the hustla.

Not this time, no, although the girls were not able to defeat them either way.
minespatch 11-13-2006 11:53 PM
from what i have seen, professor utoniums' son looks like a ripoff from astro boy.
this is what i call "ba$7erisation" of good cartoon show and fill it in with hack anime shoujo writing.
Asirt 11-14-2006 11:37 AM
Getting closer to the final episode this December, Sukaponta, the PPG "Guru", has recently learned that CN will air PPGZ sometime in 2007. Now you're probably wondering, "What does that have to do with the US?". Well, it's most likely that the series will air in the middle of 2007. Perhaps this will mean a simultaneous broadcast?

Speaking of 2007, Toonami's 10th anniversary is on March 17, 2007. Just wanted to throw that in there.

----------------

It's official. PPGZ will end its first season on December 23rd.
minespatch 11-15-2006 12:20 AM
to add to my post, the dog seems to be a rip-off of megaman's dog companion.
David Ryder 11-15-2006 09:56 AM
quote:
fill it in with hack anime shoujo writing.

Yeah that's been the general complaint leveled against the show it seems. Also I hope the new spin off or whatever it's going to be canned as well, if it does, I'm so going to laugh.
Asirt 11-15-2006 10:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
Also I hope the new spin off or whatever it's going to be canned as well, if it does, I'm so going to laugh.

quote:
Originally posted by Asirt
Sorry, guys, but I had to make a prank on you people in honor of the newest episode. It matches the theme; boys playing tricks on people, being embarrassed by it, nasty humor, etc. The good thing was, I knew some of you would believe me the minute I mentioned the words "PPGZ" and "canceled" in the same sentence. Think of it this way: the series may not see a second season, so it's not the end of the world or anything. Expect this thread to change back to its normal state soon. Tongue

This is the second time I've had to repeat myself. Do I have to shout it out? THERE'S NO SPINOFF! ASIRT TRICKED YOU! AND YES, PPGZ IS NOT CANCELED! Tongue
David Ryder 11-15-2006 10:40 AM
hehe right o. I don't really read all of the posts alot of the time. Tongue
Asirt 11-15-2006 10:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
hehe right o. I don't really read all of the posts alot of the time. Tongue

Heh. Don't worry too much about it. I just wanted to make sure everyone understood that I was messing with the people who thought the RRB got a spin-off. Laughing

You people forgot another reason. The anime lacks the NONSTOP FRENETIC ANIMATED ACTION that made the original great. It's like I said in the first post: PPGZ is all right, but not the greatest since sliced bread, and the original beats the anime in many different ways.
Asirt 12-26-2006 01:33 PM
"We are proud to be working with our partners on Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z. This is an exciting Japanese creation based on one of our most important network-defining shows, The Powerpuff Girls. Creator Craig McCracken has always had a deep respect for Japanese animation. This anime influence is evident in the original series. Craig is now enjoying watching the new Girls guarding Tokyo City. I am personally enjoying discovering new villains and watching where the girls go next! I hope you enjoy these episodes as much as I do."

Jim Samples - Executive Vice President and General Manager, Cartoon Network
Asirt 12-27-2006 08:38 PM
Got a small music collection on your MP3 player? Want to add a little "spice" to that music playlist? TAICHI MASTER and Asirt's got you covered. Wink

DVD Menu Music # 1: Transformation - 0.84MB
DVD Menu Music # 2: Unknown Piece - 0.82MB