GitS: SAC - Solid State Society

Nine Kuze 11-08-2006 08:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ano Hito
Hopefully Togusa will get a first name in this one, though it's unlikely.

Um, good point.

That raises a question; aside from Motoko and Aramaki, how come no one else has a full name? Unless its like a codename gimmick or something since they are a special-opts anti-terrorism faction that officially doesn't exist.

But yeah, full names would be nice.
Peace.
Raven 11-08-2006 10:14 PM
After watching through the first season again, I was just reminded why I loved this series so much in the first place. I honestly can't wait for SSS to debute on Adult Swim since I am not in the habit of downloading animes. Too bad I probably won't get to see Aoi who is my favorite character. Plenty more of Ishikawa and Saito will keep me happy though. Thumbs Up
Wingnut 11-21-2006 11:15 AM
Okay, any New Yorkers here? If so and you are itching to see SSS, then get thine rear end to the NY Comic Con.
This is why.
The Baker St. Irregular 11-21-2006 11:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Okay, any New Yorkers here? If so and you are itching to see SSS, then get thine rear end to the NY Comic Con.
This is why.

Yay. That's, like, on the other side of the country. Much good that does me. Crying
Zopwx2 11-22-2006 12:21 AM
dammit when will I get to see this shizz.
Nine Kuze 06-13-2007 12:09 PM
The movie aired on SciFi this last Monday, like Paradigm Dog's thread hinted at a while back. I was surprised as hell and I tapped. And I'm glad since the movie was damn good.

Its the same VA from both seasons of Stand Alone Complex by the way, the Tachikomas are back and the some of characters changed a bit, like Batou's hair for one (that kind of annoyed me).

They already showed it, so the spoilers will be kind of vague here and such: Two years after 2nd GIG, Motoko left Section 9, Togusa is the head of the public security unit now, Saito left for Africa and Batou seems... kind of lost and at odds with Togusa. A Class-A hacker known as "The Puppeteer" is going about some scheme that involves kidnapping children from their parents, brainwashing them and giving them new lives with the growing number of senior citizens. All on the backdrop of a revolutionary dying as well.

spoiler (highlight to read):
It turns out The Puppeter was actually Kusanagi's subconscience that grew sentient and took on the form of that bureaucrat in the process. It said that it gained an awareness of life since Motoko has been linked with so many others subconscience in the past before (this kind of sounds like what happened in the first movie). Then, and this is my favorite part, the bureaucrat's face morphed into all the people close to Motoko that she has encountered in the past; from Batou to Togusa to Aoi ("The Laughing Man") to Kazundo Gouda to Aramaki and then to Hideo Kuze last before slowly morphing into Motoko herself, thus revealing its identity.

I loved that sequence. Just seeing all those characters morph into one another is amazing in itself. To me, it kind of sounds like Motoko's subconscience actually completed what Kuze was aiming for in 2nd GIG. To create a new type of structure and being with the use of net that will become a new society. Except instead of refugees, it went and used children and senior citizens. I'm probably looking to much into but the way the subconscience morphed into Kuze last before morphing slowly into Motoko was kind of my clue. Just speculation really, but it makes sense to me. Go go lovers and all.

So yeah, the movie was standard Stand Alone Complex good. The music was damn good and so was the animation. Damn good in my book, any other thoughts to those who saw it?
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 06-13-2007 05:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
dammit when will I get to see this shizz.

You must have accidentally watched bleach instead.

As I said in the other thread. Dead to me.
Raven 07-01-2007 12:49 AM
Got my grubby paws on the special edition DVD a few days ago thanks to the anime cornerstore. I can definitely say I wasn’t disappointed either. The metal case is cool, plus the extras disk and the soundtrack made it a worthwhile purchase for me. Too bad I completely forgot to check out Sci-Fi when it was on, but I finally got to see the movie. For myself. I felt it did start out a bit slow but I was into it by then end. Not enough of Saito, but he still owned with what little time he was given.
Sharpshooter005 07-01-2007 12:59 AM
quote:
Too bad I completely forgot to check out Sci-Fi when it was on

Oh yeah. Anyone who saw this...was there anything they edited in the t.v. version? They only seem to go for language or full frontal, I can tell since the edits are wildly noticable.

Then again pretty much everything else they've shown is just..who cares if its slightly edited (why the hell am I watching tokken. How bored am I)

I only ask since they suck at editing language, and I didn't notice any sudden gaps in dialogue when watching this so I'm assuming they didn't.

edit: Also as I said, whoevers making these pre and post commercial bumpers needs to f***ing die. I'm honestly the last person to ever cry "ZOMG RACISM", but the voiceover for the bumpers may as well be "ME RIKEY FRIED LICE", its that bad..and mainly because its just so f***ing jarringly unamusing. Any real or precieved racist aspects secondary, it just is not funny.
The Baker St. Irregular 07-03-2007 11:39 PM
Got my special edition DVD today and watched it with me mum.

Allow me to summarize my feelings about SSS with the following picture.

Sweet Jesus.
Sharpshooter005 07-04-2007 08:12 PM
quote:

Also thanks to whoever orchestrates this for doing it long AFTER I'm not 8 miles from manhattan anymore, yeah, show the only animu I'd give a damn about when theres that buffer.

(I will find you and do things to the brakes on your car. I'm only 3 hours away someday I will return to cleanse north jersey)