GitS: SAC - Solid State Society

Nine Kuze 08-18-2006 07:35 AM
As soon as I clicked the link and saw Motoko's face on the banner, I was already hooked.

Thanks for the link, Mistress and that looks amazing. Also, which is also cool, Batou and Togusa got haircuts! About time for Togusa I'd say.
Peace.
The Baker St. Irregular 08-23-2006 10:40 PM
Bandai takes the initiative to protect its investment in Solid State Society by sending out a firm warning to fansub groups that it will take legal action against anyone who dares make subs of it!

Not that any of the lovely people here would do a thing like that. Pleased

Hey, I was going to wait until it came out onto DVD, anyway. Something like Ghost deserves and automatically earns my money!
Zopwx2 09-05-2006 02:13 AM
Oh man I saw it on a torrent site w/o subs and I was tempeted even though I'd have no idea whats going on...
Nine Kuze 09-08-2006 07:29 PM
If anybody is interested, I found the ending theme for Solid State Society on YouTube. Check it out, its pretty good.

EDIT: Also found the opening theme.

EDIT: One more thing, seriously. Another trailer for Solid State Society.
Peace.
The Baker St. Irregular 09-08-2006 08:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
If anybody is interested, I found the ending theme for Solid State Society on YouTube. Check it out, its pretty good.

EDIT: Also found the opening theme.

EDIT: One more thing, seriously. Another trailer for Solid State Society.
Peace.

Splendid! Big Grin I shall include your post in the Updates section of this thread.
Zopwx2 09-08-2006 11:56 PM
Tee hee the other night youtube had the first 5 minutes + a scene with the major and batou in it.

I watched em both......
The Baker St. Irregular 09-21-2006 02:41 PM
Valdoom 09-21-2006 03:24 PM
is this the third series? If so when does it come to America?
(in English)
Nine Kuze 09-21-2006 03:33 PM
quote:
So, this tactical squad of elites, using the most sophisticated technology available, will be driving 30 year old sports cars? How will that work out... oh well

quote:
Well, perhaps if Togusa drove one, it might make sense, considering his gun. But the others, always nagging Togusa about using an old gun, are now going to drive old cars? Ehhh...

Perhaps if they make sure not to refer to the cars as that particular model, they can pretend that they're futuristic or something.

I agree with what this kids are saying.

I still think Batou should have been in charge of Section 9 after Motoko left but I'll be interested to see how ol' boy Togusa handles things.

Also, I'm still listening to the opening theme of SSS, called "Player". Damn its good.

quote:
is this the third series?

Its not a series, its a film after the events of 2nd GIG.
Peace.
minespatch 09-28-2006 08:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ano Hito
Shouldn't Batou be next in line for the spot as leader of Section 9?

i would have thought so, but it might be those bad memories from the war. if you remember that one episode of stand alone complex.
Nine Kuze 09-28-2006 08:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by minespatch
quote:

i would have thought so, but it might be those bad memories from the war. if you remember that one episode of stand alone complex.

You mean that episode called "Jungle Cruise" from the first season? After all they went through with the Laughing Man, the Individual Eleven, and Kazundo Gouda why would that little episode matter if Batou got the head job or not?

Also, I've been watching the Japanese sub of 2nd GIG and found it very odd and rather annoying that the Individual Eleven was called the Particular Eleven. Just doesn't have the same effect as "individual".
Peace.
The Baker St. Irregular 09-29-2006 07:12 AM
quote:
quote:
quote:

You mean that episode called "Jungle Cruise" from the first season? After all they went through with the Laughing Man, the Individual Eleven, and Kazundo Gouda why would that little episode matter if Batou got the head job or not?

Don't tell me I'm the only one here who's glad for Togusa!

*runs away crying into her bedroom and slams the door behind her*

quote:
Also, I've been watching the Japanese sub of 2nd GIG and found it very odd and rather annoying that the Individual Eleven was called the Particular Eleven. Just doesn't have the same effect as "individual".
Peace.

Japanese sub? Confused You mean the subtitles were in Japanese? You can read Japanese?! Anime Smile Sorry, I'm being a jerk. I know that the Bandai DVDs don't have subtitles that call them "particular". If they did, I would have sent them a severed goat's head in the mail. Pleased
Nine Kuze 09-29-2006 11:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wait, my Mistress! It's not like that really! I can change! Really. Just... just give me one more chance.

Also, I don't have a problem with Togusa being the leader of Section 9. I just thought that Batou would be the natural runner-up to the Major if she ever left her position. Kind of like, for example in X-Men, when Cyclops left, Storm became the leader of the X-Men. If ol' boy Cyc left, normally wouldn't think of Wolverine or Gambit being leader would you? Although, from a fan' stand point that would be kind of cool.

quote:
Originally posted by My Mistress
quote:
Originally posted by That Darn Nine...
Peace.

Japanese sub? Confused You mean the subtitles were in Japanese? You can read Japanese?! Anime Smile Sorry, I'm being a jerk. I know that the Bandai DVDs don't have subtitles that call them "particular". If they did, I would have sent them a severed goat's head in the mail. Pleased

Sorry, my bad. I meant to say I've been watching the early episode of 2nd GIG but they are in the original Japanese format with English subtitles. And the goat head thing is sick, straight from The Godfather which I love. And, you can never be a jerk.

quote:
Originally posted by Zo-Pa
Tee hee the other night youtube had the first 5 minutes + a scene with the major and batou in it.

I watched em both......

Here's a link to what Zo-Pa was talkin' about in case anybody is interested.
Peace.
minespatch 09-29-2006 06:39 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hey, togusa is one of my favorite characters too, but i was just making a guess to why batou didn't become leader.
Hobodoken 09-29-2006 07:56 PM
That's possible, or perhaps Batou didn't want to take the job since he thought that he couldn't live up to the standard the Major had set.

*shrug*
The Baker St. Irregular 11-07-2006 04:17 PM
According to this new interview with Shotaro Suga, Solid State Society scriptwriter, Batou (naturally) runs off to try and find the Major after she leaves Section 9. Aww! Anime Smile
Nine Kuze 11-07-2006 05:44 PM
That was a damn cool article, Mistress.

- This makes me like Kenji Kamiyama even more as a director.
- I really like the 'rebirth of Motoko Kusanagi' plot device that they are running with here. That's cool that there are trying to reinvent her character.
- Hideo Kuze, ftw.
- I like how they are trying to flush out and make Togusa more developed (he kind of downgraded in 2nd GIG as compared to the first season)

I need to watch this movie now and I found the links of it on YouTube, even though there are no English subtitles. But, what the hell?
Peace.
minespatch 11-07-2006 06:54 PM
quote:
According to this new interview with Shotaro Suga, Solid State Society scriptwriter, Batou (naturally) runs off to try and find the Major after she leaves Section 9. Aww! Anime Smile

i thought major died...
Nine Kuze 11-07-2006 07:00 PM
quote:
quote:

i thought major died...

What the... Why and what gave you that indication?
Peace.
Ano Hito 11-08-2006 08:09 PM
Hopefully Togusa will get a first name in this one, though it's unlikely.