Evas vs Bigs vs Gundams

Big Jauln 07-03-2006 12:57 PM
When we have polls where Bigs fight robots it is usually either vs themselves or the Evas, so I put another equation in. So now, what would probably happen, and who would win.
Wingnut 07-03-2006 12:59 PM
Depends on the Gundam(s) involved. You're going to have to be more specific on that one.
Big Jauln 07-03-2006 01:03 PM
Well I can't really remember all the models, but let's just say it's the ones from the Seed series.
Mike 07-03-2006 01:09 PM
the SEED mobile suits, especially the later ones, seem pretty capable of unleashing armageddon by themselves. So even though a Gundam is like 1/2 or so the size of a Big or Eva, it would put up a good fight.
Wingnut 07-03-2006 04:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
the SEED mobile suits, especially the later ones, seem pretty capable of unleashing armageddon by themselves. So even though a Gundam is like 1/2 or so the size of a Big or Eva, it would put up a good fight.

Yeah, a Destroy Gundam would be a major PITA for Roger and all of Paradigm City, that's for sure. Also some of the Gundams in SEED are fast engough and their pilots skilled enough that Rogerr might not even be able to hit them even with his best shot.
major pain 07-05-2006 10:02 AM
I'm going to have to go with the Gundams, just because of there speed but Evas could win depending on is in control.
The Ghost of Ember 07-05-2006 11:19 AM
I can't add much to this as I've never seen Evangelion, and my experience with Gundam is limited to Wing and bits and pieces of the other series. However, the fact of the matter is that, with the occasional exception, the Gundams are primarily armed with Energy-Based weapons.

I don't know if other people came up with this same conclusion, but the Bigs seem designed from the ground up to shrug off energy attacks. From Big Duo's first eyebeam barely scratching Big O, to the culmination of Big O launching an energy attack that wiped out half the city yet left Big Fau relatively unscathed considering he was in the direct path of the attack. Not to mention how Big Fau's Energy weapons barely touched Big O when it melted Bonapart. Yeah, Gundams might be faster than the Bigs, but if nine tenths of their attacks aren't going to do much damage, the Bigs might have a fighting chance.
Travis Bickle 07-05-2006 11:29 AM
The Big and the Gundam would fight, while the EVA unit sits there and contemplates why it exists and how it's sad and depressed.

And chromebuster > SHINING FINGER!
David Ryder 07-05-2006 12:01 PM
God ANOTHER v.s thread....sigh. Most likely the Gundams. I saw some reference to Big's not being hurt by beam weapons. Why? Big O has zero phycics. Gundam beam weapons are basically super heated plasma, so yeah a Gundam beam weapon is way more effect than say a Big's. And Eva's don't really count, Giant Humans in armor aren't robots.

Time to exit this thread, I'm starting to sound like a fanboy or something.
Mr. Fortnight 07-05-2006 08:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
The Big and the Gundam would fight, while the EVA unit sits there and contemplates why it exists and how it's sad and depressed.

And chromebuster > SHINING FINGER!

Okay, first off it's Sekiha-tenkyoken > Chromebuster > Shining Finger.

Second off, most, if not all G Gundam Gundams would crush any Megadeus shy of Big Venus. As for the Evas, well if they're not getting all pseudo-religous and god-like, they too would melt under the power of most Gundam Fighters.

I have to say this, G Gundam has the most powerful Giant Robots in the Super-Robot genre. Bar NONE.
Wingnut 07-06-2006 12:02 AM
Or we could wind up with some wierd combination like this.
Or this:
Nine Kuze 07-07-2006 04:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Or we could wind up with some wierd combination like this.
Or this:

Nice, Wingnut. I saw that same photo through a link that BethMcBeth gave me a while back. And that second one just creeps the hell out of me.

I don't like it but I'm going to have to go with the Gundams as well. Although compared to Big O and Evangelion, I'm not that big on Gundam (I've seen Wing and a few others) but from what I've seen, the Gundams have the complete package of offensive ability and it seems to have the unrealistic sense of movement as well (When I say that, I mean in the sense that when you watch Big O, you can get a pretty good feel about its bulk and mass by viewing the way it moves. The Evangelions completely ignore that topic but it also seems like Gundam is the same way as well. But most of the time, they're in space you I guess you can give it the benefit of the doubt there.).

quote:

Nice, but the Big and Gundam should double team the Eva first, kill it and get it out of the way and then get on with the real main event. Seriously, I don't see an Eva doing that well against a Big, let alone a Big and a Gundam. Plus, you can factor in the pilots and well, Shinji Ikari is no Roger Smith or Amuro Ray if you get my drift.
Peace.
BehemothPanzer 07-07-2006 09:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Allenby Beardsley

Second off, most, if not all G Gundam Gundams would crush any Megadeus shy of Big Venus. As for the Evas, well if they're not getting all pseudo-religous and god-like, they too would melt under the power of most Gundam Fighters.

I have to say this, G Gundam has the most powerful Giant Robots in the Super-Robot genre. Bar NONE.

Devil Gundam vs. the World!

Devil Gundam could absorb Dorothy and I don't know if Venus could do it's thing when a giant colony comes at it.
Big Jauln 07-27-2006 05:29 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys.
Wingnut 07-27-2006 07:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BehemothPanzer
quote:
Originally posted by Allenby Beardsley

Devil Gundam vs. the World!

Devil Gundam could absorb Dorothy and I don't know if Venus could do it's thing when a giant colony comes at it.

They already did that as you likely well know and adding the Bigs either for or aginst it would likely not have any influence on the outcome of the battle.
Generalissimo D 07-27-2006 08:12 PM
I'm sorry but its like this.

Bigs > Evas > Gundams < Bigs

Big O could tear through all those pussy constructs like so much tissue paper.

And being sentient to a degree, they won't be fooled by things like the DG.