[Fan Art] Big O: Its SHOWTIME!

Mattartist 08-26-2006 11:12 AM
Aww, shucks folks, I'm speechless! Embarrassed Sweatdrop

By the way, I guess I can share another bit of "spoiler", JUST BEFORE REVEALING THE FIRST ACT! Muhahahahaaaaaha!

Ha...

Haha ha...

--- Confused

ha. Big Grin

-Roger and R. Dan (the android human hybrid) are walking down a dark alleyway after the Griffion (the black car) was stolen by a mysterious entity in a blue cloak. R. Dan sees something move in the dark, and instantly chases after it in curiosity.
"Daniel! Wait! Dorothy'll KILL me if I lose sight of you!" Roger shouted, and ran after him.
Too late, R. Daniel disapears into the dark. Roger feels like a lead ball just dropped into his stomach.
"DANIEL! DANIEL!" he shouts, yet for a reason unknown to him, he cannot move!
"The darkness -- it still has a hold of me?!" Roger feels his blood boiling.
With difficulty, he lifts one foot, ready to head into the dark, and just as it is fully raised ---

Boom.

R. Dan comes running back out of the dark, and rams Roger straight in the kidneys, knocking him backward and both fall onto the ground.
Roger's eyes blink to see R. Dan ontop of him, with something in his arms.
"R. Daniel, you do realize you get your -- (cough) -- weight issues from your mother...?" Roger said rasply.
"Oh, sorry, Mr. Roger!" Dan immediately jumped back and landed on his feet.
"By the way, what've you got -- " Roger began, but purring stopped his tongue.
Dan smiled sweetly to the thing in his arms, and looked deeply at Roger.
"Can we KEEP 'EM?!" He exclaimed, and showed Roger the object of his desire -- a black cat...
Roger gazed at it for a second, perhaps wondering if it was the same cat that --
"No..." Roger said.
"NO?!" Dan exclaimed, his eyes welling with tears already.
"NO! I mean -- " Roger sighed.
"Yes..."
"YES!" Dan shouted.
"YYEEESSS! Now PLEASE stop YELLING, DANIEL!" Roger yelled, and it seemed to echo across the alleyway for some miles.
"Goody, thanks Mr. Roger!" Dan rushed in and hugged Roger tightly around the chest.
"ACK!" Roger yelped.
"Oops, sorry. Forgot!" He loosened his grip, and gave a softer hug, a human hug.
Roger gazed into the sky for an answer.
"I just hope this one doesn't like my hourglasses so much..."

Big Grin

Welp, that's it for now! Prepare, for soon I release Act One of Showtime SOON! Not really SOON SOON, but just Soon... you know...
Big Grin

So, until next time, don't eat tomatos -- rather give them all to Gordon Rosewater! He loves 'em... yeah... Frown I'm running outta good ones... Pleased Oh well...
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-26-2006 12:37 PM
That was super KAWAII!! Big Grin But you did make one teensy little mistake. Pero had grey fur. Tongue
R. Daniel Olk 01 08-26-2006 03:52 PM
Bwaha! Fun. Mattartist I can't hope to keep up with you!

I'm so buuuusy. Hey remember that animation I showed? Well it's just a small part of a Big site intro! W00t! (I should be done with it this weekend) I've gone a week without sleep learning Flash and Adobe Illustrator and refining my knowledge of Photoshop. It's very frustrating but also very very rewarding. Big Grin

And hey Richelieu is MY BIG hes MINE! (throws a teddy bear at Mattartist) I get do draw him--no other! ;P Nah, j/k. I was touched by your portrait-quickie. But hey if you want me to finish him because you'd like to use him, I can put it on my to-do list Big Grin

I have like 12 other unique Megadeus concepts, and I'm confident none of them are unimaginative re-hashings of existing Megadei. But one thing at a time for me! Big Grin

I disagree with the idea of the Frankenstein-Big BYA001 wanted me to draw, though. But... no time to debate... T.T

Time only to ani-mate!
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-26-2006 07:17 PM
Yaaay! 8D
R. Daniel Olk 01 08-29-2006 12:33 PM
O.O ... once again ask... where is Mattartist! She... (well Mattartist sounds like a she....) is taking so long to reappear I'm beginning to think I CAN keep up with her! Big Grin

Mattartist, Mattartist.... (lifts up a rock) Mattartist? (Opens up an envelope and peeks inside) Mattartist?
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-29-2006 01:18 PM
Mattartist is a dude.

Huh...you're right. He's dissapeared. I'll help you look for him. *puts up posters all over Paradigm* Maybe he's somewhere else. Or maybe he got kidnapped! Wee might have to pool some cash in case we need Roger...

(looks under her bed with a flashlight) Mattartist? You there? (gets attacked by killer dust bunnies) AAHHH!! GET THEM OFF ME!! (looks in he cats mouth) Mattartrist? Did you get eaten? (passes out due to bad cat breath) *twitch twitch* Dead

*revives* He's gotta be somewhere.
Shadow dorothy 08-29-2006 05:37 PM
He's proably drawing Dorothy with Rogers love child.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-29-2006 06:20 PM
Oh yeah... Well, nothing we can do there. We'll just have to wait.
Dominus of Requiem 09-01-2006 07:52 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want to see roger and dorothy´s love child
PLEASE DONT MAKE ME BEG!!!!!!
Chitter-Box-Kat 09-01-2006 08:15 PM
Zabuza? BEG? I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be glad fanworks were delayed! Big Grin It's still freaking annoying... WHERE THE HELL IS HE? Confused
pen1300 09-03-2006 09:26 PM
Hey guys,

There seems to be an awful lot of side chatter in this thread. This is a thread to comment on the fan art, not where the artist is (and a lot of this discussion is spam [see rule #3]). In due time, the artist will return. Until then, please take the discussion to the PMs, IM, e-mail, ect.

If the discussion continues, I'm going to have to lock the thread until the artist is ready to post.

If you haven't taken a look at "Da Rules" please do.

[Edit: Yes, I did remove some posts.]

Thanks!
Pen1300
Mattartist 09-04-2006 10:32 AM
Shocked

whoa...

YOU GUYS REALLY DO CARE! (sobs)

Man, have I been OUT of it lately! Frown Sorry for -- well, being kidnapped, eaten by a ferocious-smelling kitty cat, being attacked by killer dust bunnies -- (looks again at thread to finish) Oh yeah, and I saw Roger... thanks for pooling that money for me... Big Grin

Actually, all my teachers are homework Nazis... ON THE FIRST TWO DAYS OF SCHOOL! For Jiminy Cricket's sake... Cool

Also, me sorry for getting you guys yelled at -- sorry pen1300 as well...
We okay? Pleased Okay... Smile

I guess you guys read my mind here -- here's FINALLY R. Daniel Wainwright! Read the words on the picture -- it be fun fun!

(looks down at posts again) Wait... (a long and awkward pause...)

YOU THINK I'M A WOMAN!?!?
What the 495032fnfsoirogjemaucnowewnwoijecwfwinofvenvrevooqm?

Pleased Me guy. (stern faced, but cannot resist laughing his head off)

Dude -- that's the first time I've been mistaken as a lady... BWAHAH! Big Grin

Googleflip! Big Grin
Chitter-Box-Kat 09-04-2006 10:42 AM
AWW! What a cutie! X3 And he gets to have a cute wittle kitten... (I can't help being like this folks, I LOVE KIDS. Embarrassed Sweatdrop ) He is adorable and brunette! A combo of red and brown... What? Wait... Can brunette be black and red too?? Confused
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-04-2006 11:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
AWW! What a cutie! X3 And he gets to have a cute wittle kitten... (I can't help being like this folks, I LOVE KIDS. Embarrassed Sweatdrop ) He is adorable and brunette! A combo of red and brown... What? Wait... Can brunette be black and red too?? Confused

Yup, called "auburn."

Hmm.... I swear I've seen that kid before... but where... Confused

I'm probably thinking Hogarth from The Iron Giant... but I can see this kid has the three-point bangs that Dorothy does, so... he's obviously not a straight rip...
Shadow dorothy 09-04-2006 02:51 PM
Where's my pic Martist? Crying
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-04-2006 03:59 PM
Shadow-D, don't be a n00b. Mattartist just posted the pic! That's the kid right there, the one with the goofy eyes Big Grin

Even though it seems the real n00b is I, for not seeing the blue Mars-sign next to Mattartist's name! Baby (Sry, Mattartist!)
Mattartist 09-05-2006 05:17 AM
Bwahaha! Jeez, it's okay, R. Dan. Big Grin

Although I have NO idea what a n00b is... Confused

Anyway about R. Daniel Wainwright:

I wanted to incorperate a new character with, dare I say it, cute and goofy antics. I just felt it would change the more morose feelings between Roger and Dorothy, and would also act as another aspect of the Roger "family", however non-nuclear the family may be. Also, I thought Dan looked more like Ernie from Sesame Street than Hogarth, but hey, art is something interpreted into infinite possibilities! That's why it's awesome! Big Grin

Again, I put emphasis on "family", because one of the biggest changes within Roger in Showtime are the emotions he expresses to Norman -- and especially Dorothy.

For example:

In one scene, Roger has a restless mind, and goes down into the kitchen. He sees Norman cutting the skins off of the potatos, a bucket is stationed between two chairs, one Norman is sitting in.

"Oh, Master Roger! I didn't hear you get up!" Norman jolted up when he saw Roger in the doorway.
"What're you doing?" Roger asked simply.
"Oh... well, I was -- trying to rest my troubled mind... I simply could not get to sleep, so I tried doing a bit of chores, but -- it seems this hasn't been helping..." Norman looked into the bucket.
Roger smiled.
"Room enough for one more?"
Norman perked up.
"Certainly, sir. Have a seat." Norman smiled. Pleased
Roger sat down, and grabbed a potato and a knife.
It was a while before Roger stopped, and asked:
"Norman, I'm not sure if I called your attention to this, but -- "
Norman stopped as well.
"Sir, have I done something wrong?" Frown
Roger looked peculiarly at Norman.
"I was going to ask you. Why did you tell me that Dorothy's birthday was on Heaven's Day last year?" Roger smiled slyly. Cool
Norman's eye widened. Shocked
"Sir... I -- " Norman looked at the floor rather nervously. Frown
"What is it, Norman?" Roger asked, concerned for his condition.
"Nothing." Norman then smiled, Smile and after started to laugh quite heartily.
"What?" Roger asked, though he had an idea.
"It's just surprising, sir, that you'd remember something like that, and simply asking me about my folly several months later!" Big Grin
Roger's smile decended. Frown
"It was more my folly than yours..." Roger continued to peel his potato.
"Sir?" Norman asked, wondering if he had heard his master correctly.

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW, FOLKS AND FOLKETTES!

This was simply an example of the openess Roger expresses to Norman, Dorothy, and soon, to Daniel. I guess they call it "pouring out your soul". Hope you liked it!

OH! One more thing you should know. I don't know how many of you read Lady Tessler's (or Tesser, or something... Frown ) OUTSTANDING alternate universe stories of Roger and Dorothy and the Big O in her stories where Dorothy and Roger are in fact married, but her work too has greatly influenced my ideas surrounding Showtime on the whole.

Anyway, in one of the stories, the little pale white girl from Act 16: Day Of the Advent is given to Roger by her dying father (I hope this is okay, since I believe this is a direct rip from your story -- I won't put it in if you don't wish it -- Frown ) She, therefore, becomes a playmate for Daniel, which also may involve a fun act devoted entirely to the two of them in an adventure not that away from the feel of the Rugrats stories -- a whimsical adventure of sorts. Big Grin

Yeah, me a sucker for whimsy.

Well, that's all now, so until next time, remember to always love Big O! Cause he needs da love, folks! Big Grin
Chitter-Box-Kat 09-05-2006 05:30 AM
I LOVE YOU'R STYLE!! Big Grin

I've read her Lady Tesser's stories, and I like the idea. A little child should have a playmate thier own age. Yup yup. Pleased (And I don't hink she'd mind all that much, though you could PM her to make sure. Wink )

I sort of remembered the scene you quoted from on eof the later episodes. I recognized it because of the potatoes. Happy Don't look at me like that. Happy Hahaha!

I am really loving where this is going Mattartrist. Keep it up! Thumbs Up
Mattartist 09-10-2006 01:05 PM
Big Grin Okay, me not say another word than these:

WELCOME, FANS OF BIG O! IT'S SHOWTIME!

ReSet.... Act One: Rekindling The Flame

What do you do when you wake up in the middle of the night…
Do you stare blankly at the walls of your housing, and then quickly fall back to sleep?
Or…
Do you stay awake, eyelids stretched, for fear that should you return to your dreams, that they would hold you indefinitely…

Do you sit there, pondering the reality of your dreams as you gaze at illusions before you?
Or…
Do you simply say it’s not your job to seek the answers to the riddle of your existence?

We are in the same boat, Roger Smith.
When you feel ready to seek the answers, I will be waiting…

-Signed, Schwartzwald

In the distance a car’s motor could be heard through the misty cloud’s hiss, emitting from a street grate. Inside his head popped words he felt were familiar as he looked out the windshield:
My name is Roger Smith.
He looked to see two people – women – who were intently looking at him as he slowly drove by. One had hair of dark hazel –
I perform a much-needed job here, in this city of amnesia.
The other had golden blonde.

Complete darkness… so dark and thick a person could choke. Lifting his eyelids alone required his full strength, but he refused to give up. The pain was something he had not felt before – a searing, unbearable band of pain that flowed from ear to ear. But at long last, he opened his eyes.

Blaring light… so bright and hot a person’s eyes could melt. But his eyes began to adjust to the light, and stared into it. Rings were cut to go around the source of the light – a stage light. Roger didn’t know what to think of it, but just to stare at it in wonder.
“I didn’t know you were one to gaze at it. You must enjoy that kind of pain…” a snickering voice echoed to Roger’s ears.
It was a deep voice, with a lilt and tone of one who has seen much, yet felt all to be in vain. To be blunt, it was a voice that Roger knew well.

“Schwartzwald…” it hurt him to speak.
“Ah! So you remember. Well, I suppose it’s to suit her needs… After all, a show’s no good without its star, is it?” A tall pointed head blocked the glare from the light.
Roger’s eyes adjusted, and saw the German reporter was smiling widely, his grin making odd crackling noise.
“What are you doing here…you’re supposed to be dead…” Roger said very much in a dazed state.
After a brief pause of confusion, the German’s trademark cackle echoed again.
“You… you died in the wastelands…” Roger’s voice cracked as he tried to speak.

Again, all of this was terribly painful for Roger to do. It seemed to come from this place – it wasn’t normal. Roger leaned his back forward, trying to divert the pain into power, to adrenaline himself like a car racing up a steep hill. Schwartzwald laughed, though not at Roger’s struggling.

“And whoever told you that piece of information?” Schwartzwald asked, still stifling his snickering.
“Angel… you probably don’t know her…”
Schwartzwald stared at Roger’s direction until the Negotiator noticed his gaze. His gaze was indiscernible; whether Schwartzwald was concerned, or simply mad, Roger couldn’t tell.
“You shouldn’t believe everything you hear, Negotiator.” Schwartzwald did not have a cackle in his voice – seriousness usually came with conflict.

Roger stood up, but much to dismay. His legs felt like jelly, and his arms waved from side to side to balance himself, but slowly and surely he stood firmly.

“You drunk?” Schwartzwald questioned, and then the pause led into another set of howls from the reporter.
“You seem to be more impaired than me, Schwartzwald. You shouldn’t talk…” Roger snickered himself, and looked carefully around.
They seemed to be in a long, pristinely white hallway, lighted from the ceiling by little holes with tiny stage lights within. The hall seemed to curve like on the sides of a circle from both ways. Schwartzwald noticed Roger’s curiosity – and pounced on it.
“Do you happen to know where we are?” Schwartzwald came quite close, staring straight into Roger’s still cloudy eyes.
Roger returned the stare, only with a bit of hostility.
“I don’t know – but I’m going to…” Roger cleared his throat, and chose to walk to the left of him.
“Roger…” Schwartzwald spoke, only now his voice seemed to echo down the hall.

This frightened Roger for an instant – it reminded him of the voice he heard from his nightmares during the serial killings of several people a while back. The killer spoke in Schwartzwald’s voice at one point – reliving it sent chills down his spine.

“You don’t want to do that.” Again, the echo seemed to slide down the hallway, passing through Roger like a freezing wind across bare skin.
Roger turned sharply to the reporter.
“Why shouldn’t I want to do this?” he asked deep in tone.
The bandages turned slowly, Black Forest’s eyes could be seen poised at Roger’s position, watching him like a hawk.
“I cannot tell you.”
Roger paused; his angular eyebrows darted downward.
“It would be too risky to tell you know – besides, it would really ruin my fun!” Schwartzwald then hooted again.
Roger’s lips thinned – Schwartzwald’s laughing fits were becoming annoying.
“Fun being described as murdering thousands merely to express a false truth?” Roger snapped, almost like a taunt – something Roger did scarcely as it was not professional.
“Oh, now the personality of the Negotiator is set aside, and here comes the brave and cocky Dominus of Megadeus!” Schwartzwald threw his arms forward, matching Roger’s taunt with mocking, and then followed it with yet another howl.
Roger’s patience was becoming very difficult to control. A vein in Roger’s temples even began to throb.
“Schwartzwald…”

The reporter stopped laughing, and again the piercing gaze hit Roger.
“I can see beyond your proud exterior are questions – dire questions needing answers…” Schwartzwald started to advance to Roger, and something within Roger compelled him to remain rooted to his spot.
“Where are we? What exactly happened to me…?”
Schwartzwald stopped so close to Roger that the Negotiator could smell the anticipation growing on the reporter’s visible portions of his real face.
“Simple. The director yelled cut.”
A wild smile cracked across Schwartzwald's face... Big Grin

Act One To Be CONTINUED! Cool Remember to tip your android maid every now and again! Good night and good luck! Happy
R. Daniel Olk 01 09-10-2006 03:38 PM
That was fun! But I'm here for les artes... for purdy pictures... where's the purdy picture?