Nightwatch [Nochnoy Dozor]

Patsai 06-29-2006 03:54 PM
Has anyone seen this movie? It just came out on DVD a couple weeks ago, and working at a video rental store, was curious enough to watch it. It's an epic horror trilogy from Russia (although it's more along the lines of Horror/Action), and I was pretty amazed at how well constructed the movie actually was. Even the English subtitles for the movie went above and beyond to create an artistic feel to the movie. I fell in love with it, and I can't wait for the other two to come out.
Buck Buck #1 07-15-2006 12:44 AM
I've heard about it, but I haven't seen it yet. It looks really cool, Ive heard that the subtitles were really well done.
Patsai 07-16-2006 08:42 PM
I watched it through a second time, and I kind of realized the subtitling for the movie is indeed the one reason to go out and watch this movie, but beyond that the movie doesn't really touch on anything we haven't seen already. You might compare it to, say, Star Wars: Episode I and II.
seraphjei 07-23-2006 12:40 AM
Nightwatch was one hell of a movie. Style wise this movie has a new twist and brings something new to the table. This is one of Russia's highest grossing films so I knew that there was no possible way the movie could suck. But this movie blew my expectations out of the water. The movie kicked my ass multiple times and left a message deep within the cranium which was "Still watching hollywood movies huh? You just don't learn." Daywatch, the sequal to Nightwatch, doesn't have the same impact as the original but I like both all the same. Overall the movie is another living memorial that hollywood is no longer the almighty caeser of movies.