Some crazy coincidences...

Mattartist 06-28-2006 01:41 PM
Hello, Mattartist here! In the ever increasing gap of about 4 years ago when the magic of Big O was still alive in the new episodes, I have -- partially moved on with other shows, one namely IGPX (Immortal Grand Prix), a show on CN's Toonami block at 10:30.

There's a character in the show named Cunningham, voiced by Steven Blum (Roger's alias!), and he's a lead pilot of one of the teams in the show (competitive robot racing/battling). In the new season of the show, currently on now, he shouts:

"Okay guys, its SHOWTIME!"

Well, lets say I haven't moved on JUST yet! GO BIG O! Big Grin

So, if you find any other weird coincidences with Big O or voice actors pulling something outta the hat, post it! Big Grin

Bu-bye now! Cool
Mike 06-28-2006 04:37 PM
Well Steven Blum does a voiceover in basically everything that involves a voiceover. He's in a good 2/3 of the PC games I have.
Nine Kuze 06-28-2006 05:07 PM
In this new anime I've been watching on and off, called Texhnolyze, there's this old character who gets killed (its a very impressive kill as well) who has the same VA as Big O's Gordon Rosewater. Sounded just like ol' boy Gordon too.

That's one I can think up of at the moment.

EDIT:
quote:
Originally by Gaddes
What isn't Steven Blum in?

That's a very good question.

EDIT:
quote:
Holy Showtime!

I'm stealing this phrase. I'm surprised this hasn't come up before.
Peace.
David Ryder 06-28-2006 06:24 PM
What isn't Steven Blum in. He's a great VA and all, but honestly I do get tired of him being seen as the cure all for a character role.

quote:
VA as Big O's Gordon Rosewater

I think that's william fredrick knight, but not sure.
Shadow dorothy 06-28-2006 08:13 PM
I noticed a funny coincides as well though a bit different.

I was watching the show Injustice and this character named Timothy Wanyeright is going to be put to death for a muder of a guy named Beck Gold. And this Timothy Wanyeright was a 29 years old his mother name was Dorothy Wanyeright. Timothy didn't kill Beck someone esle did.

Anyway the differences were that both Timothy and Dorothy were darker skined and Beck had black hair.
Mattartist 06-29-2006 07:11 PM
Holy Showtime!

Shadow dorothy, where is this Injustice show? Is it on basic cable?

Big Grin

Someone's gonna get a big kick in the pansy! Cool Yes, that line is copyrighted... Big Grin
SEELE 08 06-29-2006 09:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Well Steven Blum does a voiceover in basically everything that involves a voiceover. He's in a good 2/3 of the PC games I have.

I swear I just heard his VA in Guild Wars today....holy crap he's everywhere....what's even better I was fighting ZOMBIES!!!1111 .....brains.....
Shadow dorothy 06-30-2006 02:44 PM
No Injustice was on just normal old ABC at night. But they took it off the air a few months ago for some reason. I think some stupid annoying person complained about it begin to violent. But isn't CIS violent to.
-Wanderer- 07-02-2006 03:15 AM
...i think you're just hearing things...but then again, Im always in the sewers, so what do I know....
Shadow dorothy 07-02-2006 11:57 AM
There are YUGIOH cards that look like Big O characters. I have all the cards that look like Big O characters except for 2, one that looks like Big O and Dorothy.
Mattartist 07-03-2006 01:00 PM
Wow, cool! Even though -- well, lets just say Yu-Gi-Oh isn't exactly my cup of sugarless coffee... Big Grin

But could you tell us if you can what the characters' names are? Big O references seem to be poppin' up everywhere! Like daisies! Big Grin Big Grin
Diverse Considerations 07-03-2006 02:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mattartist
But could you tell us if you can what the characters' names are? Big O references seem to be poppin' up everywhere! Like daisies! Big Grin Big Grin

Forget the names, can you scan or take a picture of the cards? This we gotta see to believe! Smile
Mattartist 07-07-2006 08:33 AM
Yeah, this is groundbreaking -- ahhhhh! I fell through the floor! Confused

HOWEVER, I do have one or two cards. Could it be that one where it changes your opponents card to be on your side? That always struck me as looking like Angel.

--Er, not that I would really know...about the card's functionality...

Big Grin

RUN AWAY!

No wait, I'm in the floor. Nevermind! Big Grin
Chitter-Box-Kat 07-07-2006 10:02 AM
I could understand that. SCAN THE DAMN CARDS, I MIGHT HAVE SOME!! O.o ... ...Yes, I have Yu-Gi-Oh cards... ...I was younger and stupid... ... ...Shuuuut uuuuuuuuuup!! Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Shadow dorothy 07-07-2006 07:46 PM
My scanner's not working right so I'll tell you the names and characters.

Searchlightman-Big O
Spikebot- kinda looks like that blue sea Megadus from the manga
Celtic Guardian-Beck in armor
Keldo-Glinda
Witty Phantom-Alan Gabriel
Fruit of Kozakys Studies(this is a trap crad)- Has a picture of Timothy using a laptop
Maha Vailo-Vera
Robolady-Dorothy with armor
Graceful Charity- Angel
Diverse Considerations 07-08-2006 01:23 AM
Make the scanner work or take pictures. If these are even remotely cool, I want to see them.

Dorothy with armor?! Kick ass!
Jonny Axehandle 07-27-2006 01:10 AM
*looks at his Wikipedia article* WOAH...that guy's got talent. I had no idea he was in so many animes and games.

quote:
Originally posted by Mattartist
In the new season of the show, currently on now, he shouts:

"Okay guys, its SHOWTIME!"

Does he say it exactly like he did as Roger Smith? That's what would make it funny.
Shadow dorothy 07-27-2006 05:47 PM
Blum is on a new US anime talk show.
Jixie 07-27-2006 10:17 PM
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh cards.... here you go.

Searchlightman/Big O
Spikebot/blue sea Megadus
Celtic Guardian/Beck in armor
Keldo/Glinda
Witty Phantom/Alan Gabriel
Fruit of Kozakys Studies/Timothy
Maha Vailo/Vera
Robolady/Dorothy in armor
Graceful Charity/Angel

Honestly I can't say that most of them look all that Big O related. Searchlightman does have a funky giant robot look to him but doesn't quite match.

Although I'll also admit that Big O finds itself popping up in random weird coincidences... mostly due to... obsessive fangirlish head issues. Recently met a guy named Jason Beckwith, and had trouble not reacting with "OMG BECK!!" Sad but true.

This message brought to you by Google Images and the letter D.

~J
Robot7290 07-29-2006 02:52 AM
The Keldo does look a lot like Glinda, and the posing of the Witty Phantom does look a lot like Alan Gabriel. I'm just not feeling the other cards... but those two definitly share similarities. (BTW, I've never read the manga, so I do not know what the blue seam megadues looks like)