Hey,I think I found the closest thing to Roger's Watch

Darkside 06-20-2006 05:38 PM

I think its the closest thing there is to it on the market. I could be wrong.
Nine Kuze 06-20-2006 07:59 PM
That's pretty good, Darkside. Nice find.

But it think some questions here. Such as, can it shoot wires out so you can climb out of danger while being shot at by men in suits that make them breathe underwater? And, can I call a gigantic mecha with it?

Also, how much do you think it costs?
Peace.
Chitter-Box-Kat 06-20-2006 09:45 PM
Woah... That looks almost like it. o.O A few details are off, sure. But wow. Nice find. How much is it?
SEELE 08 06-20-2006 10:18 PM
That is a cool looking watch....also someone doesn't like eva!
Darkside 06-20-2006 11:53 PM
Its about $100 for the 1 Gigabyte, but thats mostly because its an Mp3 player as well, I actually already have one on the way. Of course i didn't realize the similarities till after I had purchased it.
Chitter-Box-Kat 06-21-2006 11:24 AM
Oh snapdragons! Shocked An Mp3 player! COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Cool
Nine Kuze 06-21-2006 05:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
Its about $100 for the 1 Gigabyte, but thats mostly because its an Mp3 player as well, I actually already have one on the way. Of course i didn't realize the similarities till after I had purchased it.

Oh, so you got one of those. Nice and it sounds like a good price for just $100. I usually don't wear watches, actually I've never worn a watch ever, but the watch

Now, if it was just an iced out watch. Imagine Roger rocking and calling Big O on that. Pleased

quote:
Originally posted by SEELE 08
That is a cool looking watch....also someone doesn't like eva!

This that really all you noticed? And also, Darkside's sig is hilarious.
Peace.
Shadow dorothy 06-21-2006 11:00 PM
I seen an exact replaica at a Kohls it even had the little cirlie triangle things. sorry i don't have a picture.
SEELE 08 06-22-2006 03:44 AM
Man I'd shell out the cash if I had it for a watch like that.....but sadly....I tend to lose and break watches....but I want a cool Big-O esque watch....*snifffles*
Since when did they start putting MP3 players in watches? Wouldn't it be weird to have headphones wires coming off your wrist?
Shadow dorothy 06-22-2006 01:32 PM
Well when you think about it a grappling hook coming out of your wrist in public would be weird to.
Pygmalion 06-27-2006 07:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy
I seen an exact replaica at a Kohls it even had the little cirlie triangle things. sorry i don't have a picture.

If you happen to see it again, let us know the manufacturer and model. I'd like to see it!

Pygmalion
Shadow dorothy 06-27-2006 09:16 PM
I'll just buy it. It's only $60 for a really good name brand watch.
Jixie 06-29-2006 09:50 PM
Ah, who hasn't watched Big O and thought, at one point or another, "gee I'd love to have a kickass watch like Rogers"? (Or for that matter... a car like his, or an unbelievably awesome android chick? But, we're sticking with the realistic fantasies here.)

Shadow D., I'm also interested in which watch you found at Kohls. The closest I could find on their site is this one. Which is actually not bad for a match.

Of course trying to find one on the Kohls site only served to inspire a search of other websites for a close match. This, from someone who doesn't even wear watches. *sigh* The basics design is pretty straightforward: round metal/silver with a black face, and a black band. Or is it a brown band? At any rate thatseems to be a fairly popular design. Finding one with circles on the face is what makes this an impossible dream. *falls over*

At this time I'm agreeing with Darkside that the one he's pictured is the closest. If anyone's seen any other near matches please share. I'll post any updates if something else comes along.

~J <-- sans watches
Shadow dorothy 09-30-2006 12:04 PM
Screw all the "we think it's Roger's watch" I found Roger's watch.
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Big-O-Roger-Smit...1QQcmdZViewItem
Any really big Roger fan's should bid know.
Dharma_Infinity 09-30-2006 12:07 PM
Oh man, I'd jump on that except that all my money right now is going twoards Time Spiral Smile
ZeroKirbyX 09-30-2006 03:10 PM
Thats pretty sweet, but I wouldn't mind having one that functioned as an actual watch.
The Ghost of Ember 09-30-2006 04:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy
Screw all the "we think it's Roger's watch" I found Roger's watch.
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Big-O-Roger-Smit...1QQcmdZViewItem
Any really big Roger fan's should bid know.

Shadow Dorothy, I envy your ability to find rare Big O Merchandise. But this watch is MINE. Let the bid war commence!
Nazrael 09-30-2006 05:49 PM
How does Roger's watch work anyway? It has no hands.

I guess the red dot is hours, and the white one's minutes. Oh Well
Dharma_Infinity 09-30-2006 07:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of Ember
Let the bid war commence!

OH SNAP! *snaps* It's SHOWTIME! Big Grin
Generalissimo D 09-30-2006 08:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael
How does Roger's watch work anyway? It has no hands.

I guess the red dot is hours, and the white one's minutes. Oh Well

Purely digital display. LED maybe.

I mean, if you could program one, it wouldn't be too difficult.

Or magnets could be used.