Big O back on Schedule...tentitively

Delariean 06-14-2006 11:51 AM
On the Adult Swim schedule page, Big O is tentitively scheduled back on Adult swim on the weekday schedule on July 24th at 1:30 am taking over the spot from Paranoia Agent

This may change or not....but its out there.....

Here's the link:

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html
paul1290 06-14-2006 04:09 PM
I hope they don't pull off that cruel prank they did last time. Showing it on the schedule and removing it at the last minute.
thebravest1 06-14-2006 04:36 PM
Oh you know they will. Thats why I have the Box set so I can watch it anytime.
Delariean 06-14-2006 04:41 PM
Hence the word...tentitively....... Big Grin
MercZ 06-14-2006 06:56 PM
I have all my favorites recorded on the Tivo.

But if my Tivo goes haywire, then I guess I got another chance to record.

It's been going on and off the AS schedule for awhile now. I guess its better than AS locking it up in the closet like some of the other animes that have come and gone.
paul1290 06-16-2006 02:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by MercZ
It's been going on and off the AS schedule for awhile now. I guess its better than AS locking it up in the closet like some of the other animes that have come and gone.

I wouldn't worry too much about them locking it up permanently any time soon. Remember, despite the fact they don't want to make any more episodes, Adult Swim spent a good deal of their own money for the second season of Big-O. They'll probably show it whenever they have extra room in the schedule to make sure they get their money's worth.
Chitter-Box-Kat 06-16-2006 05:00 PM
If it's on TV, cooly. If not, not cooly. I don't care either way. I've got the box sets, so I'm always good.
paul1290 07-19-2006 08:12 PM
Big-O will start showing next week.

Also, Big-O Act 14 just showed up on Adult Swim On Demand for those of you who have digital cable.
Nine Kuze 07-19-2006 08:17 PM
Nice, and its about damn time they brought The Big O back on their lineup.

Its nice to hear this because I was flippin' through the channels and I came to adult swim and for an instant I saw one of their plugs saying something about Roger and Angel and then saying that "you saw it before and you still don't get it. So you might as well see it again."

Good thing I wasn't just imagining it, which I thought I was doing, but being adult swim, you never know man. You never know.
Peace.
David Ryder 07-19-2006 08:17 PM
*hugs both boxsets* Although it is nice to see it back on TV.
Schoolie 07-19-2006 08:33 PM
Hooray for Big O! (Even though I've got the two box sets, I still like catching the show on AS whenever I can.)

BTW - interesting scheduling calendar - notice all the premieres of comedy? At least we get Eureka 7 and Bleach.
Diverse Considerations 07-19-2006 10:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Its nice to hear this because I was flippin' through the channels and I came to adult swim and for an instant I saw one of their plugs saying something about Roger and Angel and then saying that "you saw it before and you still don't get it. So you might as well see it again."

It's good that they're putting it on at a reasonable hour. But they should be billing it better than some glib joke about no one getting it.
SEELE 08 07-19-2006 10:32 PM
You never know they could make a last minute schedule change and put PeeWee's playhouse in Big O's place.
Mugiwara Luffy 07-25-2006 12:37 AM
It's on right now. How could I ever forget how awesome this show is? I am still a true fan. Big Grin
Diverse Considerations 07-25-2006 10:45 AM
It was glorious. ^_^

And think of all the people out there thinking, "well damn, now I have to see how this ends."

And they'll be hooked.
Nine Kuze 07-25-2006 04:02 PM
I couldn't find a discussion thread on the first epsiode of the Big O (probably before the site's time) so I'll just start one here.

The Big O came back last night on adult swim... with a vengeance!

I'd almost forgotten how incredibly good the series was.

We all basically know the story of the first episode: In Paradigm City, the last existing city where everyone there has lost all memories prior to 40 years ago on a certain day (I don't remember the date), top negoitator Roger Smith handles a kidnapping case dealing with R.Dorothy Wayneight. The ending is which the Big O, a mysterious megaduse, fighting Dorothy One with R.Dorothy in the middle.

I have to say, that I really missed Jason Beck. And also I missed Roger's quick one-liners, which sadly becomes vacant in the second season.

So, anybody else got any thoughts on Act 1?
Peace.
David Ryder 07-25-2006 04:52 PM
quote:
So, anybody else got any thoughts on Act 1?

yes....that season one is and always will be better than season 2, which really was just one big episode.
Mugiwara Luffy 07-25-2006 07:04 PM
Let me just put it this way. I LOVE season one. I guess I like season two. I just hate the "to be continued"s, the erratic character designs, the colors, the sheer nonsense, and Act 26.
The Ghost of Ember 07-25-2006 09:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mugiwara Luffy
Let me just put it this way. I LOVE season one. I guess I like season two. I just hate the "to be continued"s, the erratic character designs, the colors, the sheer nonsense, and Act 26.

Oddly enough I'm the exact opposite, I prefer season two. As far as the animation goes I prefer the cleaner colors and more elaborate character motions, things came off as stiff and immobile to me in the first season. I'll admit, there are more moments in which the characters look bizarre or malformed, but I think it's a fair sacrifice for the fluid animation, and it's not like the first season is guiltless in this regard either.

As far as the story goes I think the first season is excellent... for the six or so episodes that are actually relevant to the plot. To be frank, there are a lot of shows that pull off the episodic format far better than Big O, and for most of the filler episodes of the first season I felt more like my time was being wasted than anything. I can kind of understand the annoyance with the more interconnected Season Two, but I think it does a fairly good job of recapping and connecting otherwise non sequitur episodes to the overall plot, Day of the Advent is a good example of this... Though, I don't really like that episode... So, uh whatever.

Act 26 and the sheer nonsense... Yeah. I agree. Although I find I can enjoy it when I don't try to think about it too much. Ignorance is bliss, or some such nonsense.

As for the first episode... Hmmmn, they never did explain why Soldano called Dorothy his daughter. I guess it was just the insane ravings of a dying man. Great call there Doro.
Mugiwara Luffy 07-25-2006 11:53 PM
Let me see if I can talk myself through this. Dorothy is an android replica of Wayneright's daught/granddaughter. He designed both her and Dorothy I (for what purpose, I don't know). Soldano used his factory to build both Dorothies and I guess he "raised" Dorothy somehow? Maybe he was in charge of implanting her memories.

I guess that all makes sense.

Oh wait, now they're explaining it all.

The thing I like about season one compared to season two is the mood and the atmosphere. The dark colors, the camera angles, the episodic format just gives the show a cooler feel than the second season. Don't get me wrong, I love the action and the story (up to a point) in season two, I just prefer the first season, probably because it's sentimental to me, being the first anime I ever watched.